Whitemead Forest Park

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
We have been several times and are going again on Tuesday for our first of many visits this year. We started going in August last year and liked it so much we keep going back. It is great for children of all ages, there is daytime activities for children of all ages. Evening entertainment until 9pm for children and adults afterwards, but children are still welcome to stay. It is great for walking, cycling. The area is very nice with Lydney just a couple of miles away. There is a restaurant on site which serves nice food and is not too pricey. There is an indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room which is free to use. If you are a CSMA member you get reduced rates, the prices have gone up a bit this year.

The shower/toilet facilities are ok not the best I have seen. The ones at the top of the site are better than the ones down the bottom.

Give it a go you wont be disappointed.

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
We have been going to Whitemead for the past couple of yrs, we love it, I am originally from Lydney, but have lived in Cwmbran S.Wales for the past 21yrs.

We generally use Whitemead for weekends because it's pretty close to home, only takes us around an hour.The facilities are great and although a little expensive we think great value, as the price includes upto 6 people your awning and 1 dog.You do need to book well in advance, it's very popular.

There are two touring area's, The Dell and The Meadow, we had difficulties with a TV reception at The Dell, The Meadow is higher and we have no probs there.

Like you Melanie we will be arriving on Tuesday for an extended stay of 5 nights, we were unable to get a hardstanding for this trip, so we are hoping for good weather, it's looking pretty promising(touching wood)

Trudy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Della,

Just got back from our four days at whitemead. what a lovely site, swimming pool is excellent. We went to the evening entertainment, it was a bit noisy but still a good show.

So good we have booked for new year.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gill

Nice site isn't it, are you members of csma?

What dates are you booked in for over New Year, if it's New Year Eve it should be a really good night!

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Allyson,

Yes we are members of the CSMA, we go from 29th dec to 2nd jan, just managed to get booked in. Really looking forward it - should be good fun

Apr 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gill

We went at the end of March for the weekend stayed an extra night, site is lovely, kids loved the swimming pool couldn't get them out of it. We've also tried to book New Year it will be our first year away in van.

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
We stayed over new year last year and had a great time, there were 2 bands playing in the venue and the atmosphere was excellent. We have also booked in for this year, but it is getting booked up quite quickly, we came back from Whitemead today after spending another fab week there and when I was booking in a lady enquired about new year and was told there were only a few pitches left. It is quite expensive but it is a good few days. I am a bit biased though as I am a great fan of Whitemead - we are off there again this weekend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts