Who said you can have fun in rain?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Who was it that posted a reply on the Forum that you can have fun when it's wet? In June we had 4 inch in 24 hours at Penrith and a wet two weeks, now in Brecon I had to descend 90 m into an old coal mine to escape the rain. Getting back to the van I find the surface water surrounding it and now I sit and watch my awning carpet start to float as the water level rises. I've not found the fun yet! Perhaps i should be doing something different. The good news is that I have left the dogs at home so at least there are no soggy Springers to cater for. First time for some years we've majored our holidays in UK; Europe next year though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive

Whereabouts in Brecon are you, we are due to arrive this Sunday at Brynich,forecast says hottest weekend of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At Brynich which is a really nice site without the gravel car park appearance that many CC sites have. Although yesterday I might have appreciated some gravel as I think we had the wettest pitch but the surface water has now gone. Don't be fooled by tomorrow forecast the latest is sun, cloud and showers and 24 deg is top temp....... But this is Wales.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We are in West Wales north fo Cardigan and it rained all day yesterday! This morning no rain at first but now drizzling a very fine rain. We booked for two weeks but if it carries on like this we woudl rather forfeit and go home as no fund being stuck ina caravan 24/7. Can't even wander around the shops as not many around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts