who sorts out the holiday?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
In your house, how do you decide where to go away. I am trying to sort out a break later in the year, because if I don't it won't happen. The conversation went like this:
Me: Where would you like to go?
'im: Dunno.
Me: Do you want to go abroad? France, Spain? How about Ireland, you've always said you wanted to go to Ireland.
'im: Not sure.
Me: (Leafing through web pages and Caravanning magazines). How about this (reads out details) or this (reads out details).
'im: (after each excerpt). Yes, that sounds nice.
By this time the red wine had rather taken over OHs (never great) powers of reasoning.
Me: (getting sarky now). How about this; a week in the Siberian salt mines.
'im: afufffleuffuff........zzzzzz.

He is happy for me to make all the holiday decisions so why I bother to engage him in the process, I know not.
How does it go in your house?
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey Mel, I have a plan if we swap partners/households you and I can pick really good places to go and the OH's can stay home together because they dont have a clue what they want
smiley-laughing.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the offer kev.
smiley-wink.gif
. Trouble is I'm a bit used to making the decisions now-we might fall out!
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
And there's me thinking I had a way out
smiley-smile.gif

Point taken about the decision making,you would proberbly win every time.
Oh well keep up the good work, and at least we get to go where we want.
Happy vanning, go and enjoy.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have to make all the decisions in our house Mel, OH says it's enough that he has to go to work without worrying about other stuff! I've got to the stage where I don't even bother to ask him where he would like to go for his hols - I just book it and tell him afterwards!
smiley-cool.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
SWMBO does the choosing. Like a good dog, after many years I've learnt to say yes!
smiley-wink.gif

It's then left to me to sort out the detail
smiley-innocent.gif

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hiya,
Well in our house it's left to me....HWMBO does get a little input but it's me that does all the planning and arranging. Though I must admit I have the time as he's out on the road most of the time.....Halesowen here we come in couple of weeks then New Forest in September. Planning to have another couple of weekend inbetween locally. Carn't wait...bring it on, rain or shine.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hiya,
Well in our house it's left to me....HWMBO does get a little input but it's me that does all the planning and arranging. Though I must admit I have the time as he's out on the road most of the time.....Halesowen here we come in couple of weeks then New Forest in September. Planning to have another couple of weekend inbetween locally. Carn't wait...bring it on, rain or shine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts