Who We All Are

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Everyone

After the past few weeks, I have really enjoyed being a member of the forum and feel like you are all such lovely people. I thought it would be nice if we introduced ourselves and let each other know what part of the country we live in and what outfits we have. So here goes ;-)

I am Sam, hubby Wayne with 3 kids. We live in South Derbyshire and our outfit as of next Saturday (so excited!!!!) is a 2009 Adria Altea 542 DT and we tow with our Peugeout 307sw Hdi 136.

Got lots booked up for the year, including CC sites - Blackmore, Seacroft, Hurn Lane, Treamble Valley and Hillhead.

Hope to get to know lots more about all of you.

Sam x

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hello Sam, Im Kevin and the wife is Marianne, have 2 kids (grown up) and we live in Tiverton Devon.

We tow a 2009 Sterling Eccles Topaz with a Mondeo Est 20.tdci

Loads of holidays booked this year as well, starting on the 28th going to Godrevy in Hale Cornwall

Kevin

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam

Like you I also enjoy the forum. We pull a Bailey Indiana with a BMW 530. Got a few trips planned this year, the main one is to France initially where we meet up with friends and then onto Spain. We try to get abroad every year although I think the cost may be a tad higher this year. Not sure how the credit crunch is going to effect caravaning abroad this year when you take tolls etc into consideration. My youngest daughter gets married in August, more expense but she is worth it. We live in Kent on Romney marsh. France is easy for us we are only 40 mins from the ferry. I think we southerners take that for granted when you consider the distance you travel just to get to the ferry

All the best

David

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
I turn to the forun daily to see what people are saying about my hobby.

I am Michael - from Derbyshire, and have a Sterling Europa 520 towed by a 2litre TD Mondeo. This year we are doing a tour of Southern Germany and on to Prague. Mostly booked through the CC.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sam

I've spoken to you already in another topic. I'm Sue, OH Steve, we have our beloved Adria Adora Plus 642 t/a bought from the lovely lads at Broad Lane, Daventry, and towed with a gas converted range rover, and we live in Northants.

We're off to the CC site at Broadway weekend after next for our first outing of the year. Got a few more booked and/or planned, including a couple in Somerset (one meeting up with a certain lovely guy from this forum!).

You'll like Treamble Valley - beautiful site with lovely scenery. And Hillhead is a wonderful place for a family holiday, brilliant swimming pool and bar/entertainment complex. And one of the biggest children's play areas with loads of equipment we've ever seen on a club site!

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sam,

I am Lee and my wife is Lynne. we are from Surrey and tow our 2003 Sterling Eccles with a restored 1978 Land Rover. No children but 2 dogs.

We are off to West Sussex for Easter and Somerset in May, I'm sure we'll get away some more as the year goes on.

The forum is very good for serious and non-serious stuff.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Evening all.

We're Claire and Rob and we live in Sheffield with our 3 boys who are 13, 13 (twins) and 5. We started caravanning in October 2007 when we bought a Geist AK495 and a Zafira 1.9 cdti to tow it with. We were pretty confident that we'd take to this wonderful hobby as we both camped as kids (Claire in a caravan and Rob in a VW campervan) and as a family we've tent-camped. Bought the caravan on the understanding that Claire would tow but Rob did try it, didn't like it so now Claire does it all. He'd do it if he had to but only as a last resort.

Our first outing this season will to Clacton-On-Sea at Easter where we'll visit relatives and Claire will celebrate her 40th birthday. More holidays booked to Cleethorpes, Alnwick, Hertfordshire (for a family wedding), Dorset and Devon.

We love the freedom that having a tourer gives us and we're combining holidays with visiting relatives that we rarely got to see before which is lovely. We've got several friends with caravans too so we sometimes go away with them which is great as all our kids get on brilliantly.

We've had some great advice on this forum both before our van purchase and since which has often saved us money. The best was when we asked for a pricematch on a PowrTouch motor mover after advice here and saved hundreds of pounds!

Mad about the caravan and have really missed it over the winter. Roll on April 5th!

Keep posting and happy caravanning!

Claire & Rob x

G

Hello Sam, I'm le croc, here's a pic of me, hope you like it.x

80s_advert-Milk_Tray.jpg

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I turn to the forun daily to see what people are saying about my hobby.

I am Michael - from Derbyshire, and have a Sterling Europa 520 towed by a 2litre TD Mondeo. This year we are doing a tour of Southern Germany and on to Prague. Mostly booked through the CC.
Where in Derbyshire are you Michael?

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I wasn`t meaning to be cheeky. I have John- hubbie and two children 6yrs and 4yrs.We have a vectra 2.2 and Adria Altea 542DT. Just sold our coachman mirage which gave us many interesting and fun short trips for 3 years. We are from Scottish Borders and enjoy Northumberland and N Scotland at the moment. We hope to go further into England when the children are a wee bit older. Cant wait till this weekend away to Dunbar near Edinburgh. 1st in new caravan. Trips booked so far are Bamburgh(northumberland) Aviemore and St Andrews. I love the sea and beaches and the feeling of being on a camp site with friendly people passing by. Children love rock pools,parks, open spaces, making friends and their bunk beds!

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I wasn`t meaning to be cheeky. I have John- hubbie and two children 6yrs and 4yrs.We have a vectra 2.2 and Adria Altea 542DT. Just sold our coachman mirage which gave us many interesting and fun short trips for 3 years. We are from Scottish Borders and enjoy Northumberland and N Scotland at the moment. We hope to go further into England when the children are a wee bit older. Cant wait till this weekend away to Dunbar near Edinburgh. 1st in new caravan. Trips booked so far are Bamburgh(northumberland) Aviemore and St Andrews. I love the sea and beaches and the feeling of being on a camp site with friendly people passing by. Children love rock pools,parks, open spaces, making friends and their bunk beds!
I hope you have a lovely trip away Caroline. We will have to compare notes on our Adrias' and give each other any tips.

My children are a year older than yours 7 and 5. I also have my eldest daughter who is 12. They can't wait to try out their new bunks. We go away for Easter to Blackmore (CC site) and am so excited. I am more excited about going away in the new van than I was going to Greece last year.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I hope you have a lovely trip away Caroline. We will have to compare notes on our Adrias' and give each other any tips.

My children are a year older than yours 7 and 5. I also have my eldest daughter who is 12. They can't wait to try out their new bunks. We go away for Easter to Blackmore (CC site) and am so excited. I am more excited about going away in the new van than I was going to Greece last year.
Thats nice to hear from you and great to meet someone as enthusiastic as me! I was pottering around in the van again today putting stuff in and I just wanted to stay in it, it was so light and comfy! Just like John last night when he fitted carpets in the van. He tried the heating and wanted to sleep there that night! Your children must be so excited too. Roll on Easter for you all!

Carolinex

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Caroline

19 Mar 2009 09:53 PM Thats nice to hear from you and great to meet someone as enthusiastic as me! I was pottering around in the van again today putting stuff in and I just wanted to stay in it, it was so light and comfy! Just like John last night when he fitted carpets in the van. He tried the heating and wanted to sleep there that night! Your children must be so excited too. Roll on Easter for you all!

Carolinex

G

cant remember? praying too allah? or delivering some milk tray to you?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sam

I'm Alan , wife Terri with a Bailey Senator Wyoming tugged with a Kia Sorento diesel. Plus our two English Springer Spaniels, Kizzy and Holly.

We caravan all year round. Off to Blackmore next week, then Grinlow Buxton, 8 weeks in the Western Isles / Hebrides, North Devon and lots more.

I'm so glad you got your money back from that cheat. Enjoy the Adria and your tours.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam

I'm Alan , wife Terri with a Bailey Senator Wyoming tugged with a Kia Sorento diesel. Plus our two English Springer Spaniels, Kizzy and Holly.

We caravan all year round. Off to Blackmore next week, then Grinlow Buxton, 8 weeks in the Western Isles / Hebrides, North Devon and lots more.

I'm so glad you got your money back from that cheat. Enjoy the Adria and your tours.

Cheers

Dustydog
Hi Dustydog

We were supposed to be at Blackmore next week too, if it wasn't for a certain caravan dealership.

We are going for a week at Easter, and I can't wait. It is the only site we have been to as of yet, but the kids love it and we spent a few weekends there last year with my parents in their Caravan.

It will be our trial week at Easter, when we take the Adria out for a good old test run and put her through her paces.

Enjoy your weekend at Blackmore. If you look on the hills where all the turbines are near the big stately home you can see the teletubbies. My daughter who is 5, is convinced they live there. I think I will have to pay someone to dress up as one and walk round the site ......lol

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam

I'm Steve,58, divorced and I live with my partner of ten years Carole and Pickles the cat in the West Midlands.

I have three grown up sons who all live nearby and Carole and I are fair weather caravanners, but only because I can't persuade Carole to try a winter break.

We're both retired from work now due to health reasons and although we have a couple of breaks booked we try to go away on the spur of the moment if the weather looks promising and we're both well.

We're particularly looking forward to our break in Somerset this coming May when we will once again meet the lovely Sue (Soozeeg from this and CCC forum) and her husband Steve along with Martin and Mandy from CCC forum.

We tow a t/a 2008 Abbey Vogue which is a dealer special with an ancient Mitsubishi Pajero ( the Trundle Truck) and at the moment there's a photo of our outfit on the New Members section of this forum in the 'Just Me' topic in which which Lutz has posted a picture of himself.

We've been caravanners for nine years and are C&CC members.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

We are Steve and Tracey and have two girls (11 and 10) and our recently acquired dog, Max and live in Warrington, Cheshire.

Originally campers but decided to bail out of camping (literally) in 2004 after two successive camping trips were complete wash-outs. The final straw following our return from a day out to find the tent collapsed and all our belongings completely soaked.

We were given the opportunity to purchase an Elddis Avante from a family friend and immediately loved it. The girls especially love getting away at any time and we have made the decision never to bring the telly away with us which helps them to make lots of diferent friends and enjoy the outdoors much more than they would at home. Have since upgraded to a 2007 Swift Charisma 565 (L shaped lounge) and tow with a Mondeo 1.8 Tdi.

We have been to parts of this country that we would never have thought of going to before and I suppose our central location in the UK makes it easier for us to be able to go to many parts of the UK with relative ease. We have been to France for the last two summer holidays which is not half as bad an experience as we first envisaged and in fact driving in France is a much better experience than driving over here (especially up and down the M6!).

This year have already been to Keswick and Southport. Off in a couple of weeks to Caernarfon for Easter and Llandudno for May Day bank holiday weekend. Main holiday will be in Cromer this year but are also hoping to sneak a week to the Monmouth and the Wye Valley area, possibly for Whit.

Cheers

Steve & Tracey

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam

I'm Mark the better half is Alison weve been living in sin for 19yrs camping for 10 and had enough of the wash out summers but should be used to it as we live in the western lake district!

Having worked all over the country i would curse the caravaners coming to the lake distict slowing me down when i was on a long w end at home then thought there must be something in it so if you can't beat them join them.

So after a long hard battle with solicitors after an RTA spent my comp on a 2009 swift conquerer 645 TA pulled with a Disco 3HSE weve had 2 trips away already and love it just came back from Ambleside and it didn't rain! Hope to get abroad once the crazy springer spanial gets his passport sorted but not sure where yet, lots of planning required as we are a good distance from any ports.

Nice to meet everybody happy caravaning

Mark & Alison

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sam,

Its a great forum - I am Jon & my Wife is Robina, we are 'newbies' both to the site and caravanning - have just taken delivery of a new Lunar Delta TL (T/A)which we will pull with our Jeep Grand Cherokee, it will just be the two of us plus our two Border Collies.

Kids are all grown up with Kids of their own - so now it will be a case of 'can we borrow the van'.

We have already booked for the Peak District, Lake District, North Wales, & Devon for this year, a mix of commercial sites and CL's - looking forward to some great walks.

This forum is great - it has really helped me to make decisions on equipment etc - great bunch of very helpful people!

Hope you enjoy your trips!

Jon

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sam.

I,m Carmen my husband is John and we have 2 girls aged 10 and 7 years. Weve been caravanning since 2003.. We have an Ace award Nightstar and I tow with a Kia Sorento diesel..We,re off to Wales over easter and then down south to Devon,Cornwall and Somerset in July August.

See you about.

Happy Caravanning xx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts