why do motor movers have different weights?

smd

Mar 21, 2022
Visit site
I'm just looking at motor movers, and I've found that they all seem to vary in their weight.

Does the weight matter?

And what is the difference between a heavier motor mover and a lighter motor mover? I'm guessing the heavier ones are made to move heavier caravans?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm just looking at motor movers, and I've found that they all seem to vary in their weight.

Does the weight matter?

And what is the difference between a heavier motor mover and a lighter motor mover? I'm guessing the heavier ones are made to move heavier caravans?
Not necessarily it can be down to design. When I had my first motor mover a Reich I was seeing weights between 31kg and 37 kg for different makes all with ostensibly similar capacities of weight v incline.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
It also matters that you will have to deduct the weight of the mover from your user payload, and if you have a small payload to start with, every little helps

Reactions: JezzerB
May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is just down to the makers slightly different designs and possibly materials. I suppose it is why a Mondeo weighs a different amount to an Insignia. They both do the same thing, but the manufacturers do some things differently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts