Why?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I just don't get it; here we have a forum, supplied free, that is shall we say, a little under-moderated. On this forum there are many sub forums dedicated to specific areas of caravanning. Agreed, some topics get hijacked and some topics could be posted in several forums for indeed, they cross the boundaries of the forums. You don't have to read all the forums or the subjects/posts in each forum. I myself have never (according to my well worn memory) ever read or contributed in the overseas parks & touring forum, there is nothing in there to interest me up to this point. Again there are subjects I don't bother with anymore, such as, "can you tell me if my car will pull my caravan". As far as I am concerned you need to have the "time and patience" to do someone else's job for them, and answer such a question, I don't, sorry. Others do, which is good for those that can't. What you see here is a series of choices, some I read and some I don't, so why do people feel they must say that they will not be returning to this website ever again? Is it the limited choice that outrages them, I don't know? Like I said in the beginning I just don't get it. Are these the same sort of people who would watch a B movie or X rated film all the way through and then pronounce it awful and obscene? If you find yourself being personally harangued or hit upon I could understand, but most are not. Basically what I am trying to say is if you don't want to read what's going on, then don't, the site is quite large and there is plenty to read, more to your liking. Don't just post and say, "hey I've had enough of you load of idiots, you're not worth bothering with I'm off", as it's insulting to those that remain on the forum. There are plenty of good people on this forum, looking for a laugh and a chat as most caravaners do, and I believe the cross section is typical of the caravan world. However, if you still insist on doing so, well I'm afraid all I can say is "Don't let the door hit you on the behind on the way out".

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
here here Lol, if you dont like it don't read it, what I don't understand is why stop buying the mag as well? very strange.

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I have to disagree its the way that certain people on both sides of the 4x4 debate hijack good threads and turn them into a slanging match. Its also the way they are listed as a topic which looks like a genuine question or warning only to turn out to be the same old 4x4 debate disguised as some thing else, which means if (as we caravaners do) you have been away from the forum for a few days you have to sort through all this rubbish.

What else have these people got to add to the debate, they have been at it for weeks so why not keep it on the same thread if you still think you have some thing to say why keep starting new posts.

I have no objection to good humoured banter in fact its very enjoyable but smut is neither good nor humourous

I come on here to learn and enjoy topics of interest with other caravaners and a bit of banter. As a qualified Electrician also to help fellow caravaners, not to end up spending ages sorting through the same old rubbish disguised as something else or find good threads reduced to an immature gaggle of nudge, nudge wink, wink

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts