Wi Fi and email on caravan Club sites

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I can receive email and sesk.nd, but all the sent email then bounces whether a large fiel or not. Not much point in having the facility if you cannot send email! Any one advise. Than

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry can't give you a firm answer, but suggest your talk to your neigbours and see if any of them ore using the wifi. If so they may be able to help and I am sure they will not mind being asked - they are caravanners too. If this fails try the wardens but it is not reasonable to expect them to be wifi experts on top of all the rest they have to do.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Ray S said:
Sorry can't give you a firm answer, but suggest your talk to your neigbours and see if any of them ore using the wifi. If so they may be able to help and I am sure they will not mind being asked - they are caravanners too. If this fails try the wardens but it is not reasonable to expect them to be wifi experts on top of all the rest they have to do.
I would have expected that the leaflet would have mentioned the email aspect or even a notice on the door about it. Seriously annoyed and will never buy from them again as in addition to the email problem, the connection is a "timed" connection as opposed to a downlOAd limit. A true rip off!

Mar 17, 2004
Visit site
You can receive but you won't be able to send e.mail via Outlook Express when you are not connected to your ISP. You need the web mail facility of your ISP. I am with Virgin and use their web mail facility when away from home.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
The site's ISP is blocking all e-mail that doesn't go through their own SMTP server.
Ask your ISP for their alternative (to port 25) port number (they will have one but the normal support droids will deny it) & change the outgoing port in your mail client to that.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Try changing your outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 465.
Robbie_34 said:
You can receive but you won't be able to send e.mail via Outlook Express when you are not connected to your ISP. You need the web mail facility of your ISP. I am with Virgin and use their web mail facility when away from home.

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The port should already be 465, you will have no problems sending mail if you go to your isp's web site to send it, Isp's attempt to take measures to stop email being sent from places other than your home for the sake of limiting spam and dodgy content from people using your address remotely.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Tony Lloyd said:
Isp's attempt to take measures to stop email being sent from places other than your home for the sake of limiting spam and dodgy content from people using your address remotely.
But generally it's port 25, the standard SMTP port, they block

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Try setting up a new e-mail account using Yahoo. I use a 3 mobile broadband dongle when we are away and although I can receive e-mail via Outlook express I cannot send, for the reasons mentioned about.

Answer is by using a Yahoo e-mail account you are not using your ISP. You can therefore send and receive.

Good luck.

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
You need to be using the webmail service that should be provided by your ISP.
This will allow you to send and read emails via the ISP server. Another good point is that because your mails are on the ISP server they dont get removed onto your machine, you can therefore read them from any internet connection and they will still be there to view from home or work.

Hope this helps
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i am at C C Tredegar house Newport although they have WI-FI , and my pay as go vodafone is working beautiful , i pay £15.00 and it lasts up to 6 months , i am welll pleased with my dongle ,

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
joeby said:
i am at C C Tredegar house Newport although they have WI-FI , and my pay as go vodafone is working beautiful , i pay £15.00 and it lasts up to 6 months , i am welll pleased with my dongle ,

The issue is not with a dongle, but rather with the CC Wi Fi system which does not allow you to sened emails as they do not supply a SMTP! I have no issue when I am able to use my dongle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts