Will fuel prices limit your touring.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
As long as I can find the cash I’ll keep booking caravan trips, I’ve got a week booked in May and I’ve just booked a 3 week summer break so off to a good start on this years time away, I’m pretty much retired now, I’m self employed and pick and choose which jobs I take to a degree but there is also less work available so I don’t have to say no to much work, our bungalow is mortgage free and should we need extra cash I’d soon take equity from it, my kids are more than wealthy enough and have always said they wouldn’t want us to scrimp just so we could leave it to them and I’d soon take the equity.

BP

Reactions: Sueh and xtrailman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Tomorrow we head for Near Harrogate,5 nights, then onto Belford by Lindisfarne 14 nights. Using Hutch’s earlier calculations I have budgeted no bigger increase in fuel cost than £50. Not as bad as it may seem. Just feel sorry for all those who do high mileages for a living😥

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Tomorrow we head for Near Harrogate,5 nights, then onto Belford by Lindisfarne 14 nights. Using Hutch’s earlier calculations I have budgeted no bigger increase in fuel cost than £50. Not as bad as it may seem. Just feel sorry for all those who do high mileages for a living😥
I hope you have a nice time and a safe journey :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have one holiday booked just before Easter and with just over 300 miles of towing I think provided the roads are clear then I will take it a bit easier. Not sure how much I can save but will see.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have one holiday booked just before Easter and with just over 300 miles of towing I think provided the roads are clear then I will take it a bit easier. Not sure how much I can save but will see.
It’s surprising how the economy increases just sitting at 54 mph and sticking with the HGVs and minimising overtaking on the motorway.

Reactions: Tobes
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site

Enjoy your trip.:)

I have long since regarded fuel stations as unpaid tax collectors collecting vast amounts of revenue for governments.
Distribution of fuel is almost a secondary task!
£1/litre where I am at the moment ;)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy your trip.:)

I have long since regarded fuel stations as unpaid tax collectors collecting vast amounts of revenue for governments.
Distribution of fuel is almost a secondary task!
£1/litre where I am at the moment ;)
Bit like pubs and any other retail service then. 😂

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hope the trip goes well and then it must be “ knees up” time. 👍

Reactions: Dustydog
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
A few days in york in two weeks just to try out the new car and then it's us and our son/daughter in law and grandkids (them in their TA) down to the new forest

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I notice that despite oil prices now jumping again to $110 some ten tanker loads of Russian oil available for mid March have not received buying bids despite energy products not being directly sanctioned. It seems buyers are avoiding it for corporate reasons,, ship owners are refusing to embark, and insurers not willing to provide risk cover. Thats one reason for what seems to have prompted todays jump in barrel prices.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I notice that despite oil prices now jumping again to $110 some ten tanker loads of Russian oil available for mid March have not received buying bids despite energy products not being directly sanctioned. It seems buyers are avoiding it for corporate reasons,, ship owners are refusing to embark, and insurers not willing to provide risk cover. Thats one reason for what seems to have prompted todays jump in barrel prices.
It's also got difficult for Russian businesses to get paid as sanctions have blocked many payment methods.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A local esso closest to us is charging £1.659 for diesel. However the Esso we normally use as by the supermarkets is now £1.599 for diesel and unleaded is £1.57. Morrisons just down the road are charging the same price!
I am so glad we filled up last week on Thursday at £1.529 for diesel and £1.489 for unleaded. We get a 4p discount per litre whether diesel or unleaded.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our local Tesco had petrol down to £146.9 and diesel at £150.9 presumably to counter Morrisons which is only round the corner and their 7p off offer. They were queued out at that price.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
That is 12p less than our local Morrisons! I wonder why the huge difference?
Thats a huge difference. No idea why but I saw people posting one pound fifty odd here yesterday so thought I would fill up before our price went through the roof. Not that it lasts long in a Santa Fe

Im in the North West Leicestershire villages. Maybe they didn't get the memo but there were big queues yesterday and my mum said they had run out of fuel there in the morning but had a delivery late afternoon.

I suppose it goes some way to offset the £1000 a year increase to my energy bill 😭

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just checked for diesel prices in Stourport. At Sainsburys Esso it is £1.599. This is a stand alone fuel staion with the Sainsbury shop in it. Just around the corner at the other Esso station which has a Morrisons store in it diesel is £1.509? This according to the Petrol prices app which relies on people updating the app.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts