Will fuel prices limit your touring.

Page 22 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our local Sainsbury petrol is 173.9 litre. Yet in a nearby town BP is 164.9 litre. Fir years our area has always been cheaper than surrounding towns as even when not living here we would fill up whilst seeing our daughter and family. So why is the Sainsbury so expensive? Pure and simple….. the competition has reduced. Two local Esso are in the middle of major forecourt construction works right into the tanks. So the competition has gone and Sainsbury see their opportunity to cream it in🙁

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Our local Sainsbury petrol is 173.9 litre. Yet in a nearby town BP is 164.9 litre. Fir years our area has always been cheaper than surrounding towns as even when not living here we would fill up whilst seeing our daughter and family. So why is the Sainsbury so expensive? Pure and simple….. the competition has reduced. Two local Esso are in the middle of major forecourt construction works right into the tanks. So the competition has gone and Sainsbury see their opportunity to cream it in🙁
Sainsbury's is 1p cheaper than Asda or Morrisons in my area - the reality is that none of the supermarkets are using fuel as a loss-leader so the old competitiveness has gone, probably forever.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I haven't been out in the car since Friday, so don't know our local prices, when I filled up at local Tesco last Thursday it was £1.83.9. For diesel.
I am hedging my bets and only putting in £50 worth of Diesel at a time.
So its not the cost of fuel stopping us from getting away, it is the lack of suitable pitchs, that we want.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been out in the car since Friday, so don't know our local prices, when I filled up at local Tesco last Thursday it was £1.83.9. For diesel.
I am hedging my bets and only putting in £50 worth of Diesel at a time.
So its not the cost of fuel stopping us from getting away, it is the lack of suitable pitchs, that we want.
I run down to 50% tank then will top up from s station selling at lower price. Since we move about the local area I am not going out of our way to buy the fuel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts