Will this campaign go viral?

Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
Similar notices are already shown in the smaller shops where I live. Here it's mainly to do with bank charges on small businesses.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Tell it to the pay display machine at the Cheese and Grain car park Frome. It’s lashing with rain and the book charity depository is full. Happy day out whilst dog is being spayed.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
A friend of mine, (the same one who I posted about here). Tried to use a car park in Poole that they have used often in the past. But they found it now only takes phone payment. They are very much cash people so no good to them. They went to the other two machines but they were both broke, so they went elswhere.

A couple of weeks later he received a fine for £80, more if not paid quickly. It said he was timed as being there for 5mins 5 secs! He complained but was told that they thought that was ample time to pay.

He is appealing.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A friend of mine, (the same one who I posted about here). Tried to use a car park in Poole that they have used often in the past. But they found it now only takes phone payment. They are very much cash people so no good to them. They went to the other two machines but they were both broke, so they went elswhere.

A couple of weeks later he received a fine for £80, more if not paid quickly. It said he was timed as being there for 5mins 5 secs! He complained but was told that they thought that was ample time to pay.

He is appealing.

John
More than likely it is not a fine, but an invoice from some parking company asking for a donation of cash. The daughter got one the other day and foolishly paid it. Afterwards see realised that OH was with her and they had a BB displayed. Sadly ANPR cannot see a BB while the car is parked.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
More than likely it is not a fine, but an invoice from some parking company asking for a donation of cash. The daughter got one the other day and foolishly paid it. Afterwards see realised that OH was with her and they had a BB displayed. Sadly ANPR cannot see a BB while the car is parked.
Yes, it will be an invoice.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

He is appealing.

John
I don’t mind car parks going cashless but would insist on a card pay option as well as phone app. I’d prefer using the former which is quicker to process and if using the phone there’s not always a signal, and in bright conditions the screen can be hard or impossible to read.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Bet the dog isn’t loving it either.
mel
She’s back now and I’ve given her a sedative and put her in her crate, as she’s totally oblivious to any effects from todays surgery, which was laparoscopic.

PS we are not tight with the heating. It’s an anti-worrying jacket she’s wearing 👍

IMG_1762.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
She’s back now and I’ve given her a sedative and put her in her crate, as she’s totally oblivious to any effects from todays surgery, which was laparoscopic.

View attachment 5889
When my Labrador was spayed, about 35 years ago, the incision was about 6 inches long and the stitching was really rough. Nevertheless, it hardly bothered her and the wound healed so it was difficult to see any scar.

If only we could recover as easy.

John

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Legally can the car park owners or managers fine me if I can’t pay by an App or wrist watch ?
Cash or CC or see you in Court for age discrimination.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Blue Badges' (BB's) do not always get free parking. It depends on car park operator.

But on your other point, Wolverhampton's New Cross hospital parking system does apparently recognise a blue badge placed on the dashboard, and will let you out. However the instructions for disabled exit are very poorly written and displayed so if you new to the hospital it can be a very frustrating experience trying to contact the parking office to clarify the process.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Blue Badges' (BB's) do not always get free parking. It depends on car park operator.

But on your other point, Wolverhampton's New Cross hospital parking system does apparently recognise a blue badge placed on the dashboard, and will let you out. However the instructions for disabled exit are very poorly written and displayed so if you new to the hospital it can be a very frustrating experience trying to contact the parking office to clarify the process.
The procedure for getting free Blue Badge parking seems to be different at each hospital - in a number of cases involving a long walk to main reception to get the parking ticket validated - defeats the object of the exercise.

We're on the boundary of two big hospital groups - one allows me to register my car against my Blue Badge and the ANPR doesn't issue a parking fine - while the other makes me jump through hoops.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

At the Worcester hospital when you come to the barrier, you display the BB and also press a button on the Intercom. They then let you out with no charge. However as per the Wolverhampton hospital the instructions are not very clear and almost non-existent. I had to phone the hospital to get an answer as at one time I was going to the hospital sometimes twice a day.

Unfortunately most private or supermarket car parks do not have barriers and if the car park operator can increase their profits by not employing a car park attendant all the better for them. ANPR is more profitable!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Covid made a difference to the acceptance of cash and during the worst of that period people were encouraged to go 'Contactless'

This has continued to the extent that our Community Hall was seeing so many people at events not having cash that we got a card reader.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts