Wiltshire Police Caravan Inspections

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It looks as though the police in Wiltshire have begun checking caravans, mainly to check legitimate ownership but advice is given to genuine tourer owners on other matters.
Click Here to read the report.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad idea. It does not say how many were told to get extending mirrors which is the most obvious problem with many caravans on tow.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As I've often said before, a lack of towing mirrors gives police and VOSA every excuse to examine both your tow vehicle and your caravan inside and out to spot any defects or, ahem, paperwork and ownership irregularities.
Quite apart from legal and safety considerations that's a good enough reason for even the most bull headed nay sayer to fit towing mirrors.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
One reason why people might not fit towing mirrors is the difficulty, or impossiblity, of finding ones that will fit. I gave up, and ended up making an aluminium adaptor for a pair that did not. I suppose i will now get arrested for "making an unauthorised modification to safety equipment" or some such 'elf and safety BS.

Fortunately I am quite handy at this sort of thing, but I would think it would be beyond many others who are not equipped for metalwork with a shed, bench and tools.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts