wind power for caravan

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone know how much power can be provided by a wind generator on a caravan. I know it depends on the size of the wind generator but is it practical to buy and use one to give enough power to run the say 240 lights, fridge, small 240 tv and a little bit more say if your on a site with no hook up?All advice gratefully recieved thank you

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Without going into detail, the simple answer is NO.

To have a turbine capable of producing 240 volts, you would need a blade length of about 5 mtrs, mounted on a pylon of about 15mtrs, and some method of controlling the turbine.

Just setting it up would be impractical, nevr mind transporting it !!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
At best your only likely to get a portable wind generator to charge your battery. You'll need to adapt it to stand high enough off the ground so that passers by don't get a free hair cut.

Of coarse you could get his lordship to come to tea or his best buddy bravefart to pop in. Or even feed me a few sprouts.

Seriously though, I think it would not be a practical idea.

steve.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
A wind generator is the cleanest form of energy for the caravanner - generators create CO2 when running and solar panels needs huge amounts of CO2 burning energy during their manufacture.

HOWEVER wind generators aren't cost effective. The "small" Rutland, 50cm dia, costs about

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
Hi Roger and everyone thanks for the advice will probably go for battery in boot idea sounds good and simple a bit like me (so the wife says ) thanks all billy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts