window seals

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I have a need to replace window seals on my Swift Rapide '94 'van. I have been told I can purchase seals from local dealers. Has anyone tried to do this repair and can you tell me how to get the rubber residue off the windows.

Many thanks. Bob.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Scrape as much of the residue off as you can with a wallpaper scraper being careful not to scratch the painwork then use methalated spirit to clean the rest off. Replace seals when the weather is warm as it soffens the old sealant its hard work when it is cold.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bob---Did my own rapide 2 years ago, bought the seal strip from broadlane caravans in Alcester (on line)---white spirit is very good for removing old sealant, also when you install the new seal make sure you bed it in correctly at the corners, use the wife's hair drier to soften the mastic and the rubber (the new seal strip will have a layer of mastic under the lower lip.) Once the strip is in and you have a nice joint, pin it down into the wood (use a staple gun )---if you are replacing the old grey type of seal strip then you may find that you will have to put shims under the window latches as the new stuff is thicker---hope this helps----also shop about for a good price, I found that it varied quite a bit --- can't remember what the price was ---maybe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts