winter sites in spain

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
i am travelling to the Seville area in january 2007 .We arrive in Bilbao on tuesday 2nd january.I have found sites for the first two nights.However is anyone able to recommend a site near Merida.I have a site in mind called camping merida ,but can anyone confirm if this site is open in early jan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry, According to the CC book No1 Camping Merida is open all year. I am not familliar with this particular site but I think that the vast majority of Spanish sites are open all year.

If you need to check their email is - proexcam@jet.es

Clive

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Clive but I have already sent several e-mails and even a snail mail but I have had no relies I Have also been on their website & when I tried to e-mail from there it said e-mail address not known

Thanks terry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Terry

I have used the "Camping Merida" site (Feb. 2004) and experienced difficulty in extracting my caravan (7 metre) from the pitch, it was ok getting in as the site was vitually empty on arrival but the next day (we stayed 2 nights) we were snowed under with a Dutch party (they tend to travel enmass with a Captain to look after them). We had to wait until they werte up and about to get their assistance to "winkle" our van out!!!

So if you do use my advice is to park up, if poss, on the approach road. We did not experience any water problem, as mentioned in the CC bible.

Incidently we found the route down that side of Spain to be pretty quiet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry

I did not book, in fact the only time I have booked anywhere was for La Manga last winter. The main sites in Southern spain get I bit full in Jan/Feb.

As a matter of interest I have bit the bullet and bought a mover (Truma), I found that I was scratching/ gouging the car and caravan trying to get in to the small continental pitches, plus it is sometimes beneficial, in the winter, to position the van to get the sun on the awning, especially in the morning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts