Wirral Country Park CC site

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone been here? Checked out the reviews on UKCampsite which are very favourable. The CC site details say there is no dog walk on site, but there is a dog walk nearby. Does anyone know how near by, as one of my dogs is rather keen to "go" in the mornings and it can be rather a rush to get to the designated spot in time. Needless to say we do clean up after our dogs, but would rather not have the embarrasment of doing this in the middle of a caravan site!

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
I've been to the Wirral a nuumber of times.

Most of the pitches are within a 2 minute walk of the entrance - across the road is a bridlepath which can be used as a dog-walk (we did!).

Turn left out of the entrance and after about a 2-3 minute walk you come down to the beach. You can walk along all the way to West Kirkby (and beyond if you like), or you could walk out from West Kirkby to Hilbre Island (check the tide times by the beach entrance).

Great site, far from the shops though if you run short of anything, although there's a new farm shop opened up around the corner (about half a mile).

Certainly worth a visit - we've been several times from where we live in Manchester.

Regards,

Lee.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gill

we live in West Kirby - and have used the site (which is actually in Thurstaston). Some pitches face out westwards over the Dee estuary. You can walk along the beach northwards to West Kirby, or south towards Heswall & Parkgate (where Nelson used to visit Lady Hamilton). You can also walk the Wirral Way (linear park along old railway line) - dead flat; there are parallel paths, one for cyclists/walkers, another for horses, so best to keep pooch on a lead. Church Farm (1 mile from site just off A540) has an excellent farm shop - organic produce. Heswall (about 2 miles) has a Tesco and M&S Simply Food outlet.

West Kirby has a Marine Lake, which you can walk around (check tides). A walk out to Hilbre Island gives you great views - but check the tides on the info board at end off Dee Lane.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ann & John

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Ann that was very informative. My son is living in Liverpool at the moment, so the plan is to pay him a visit and perhaps for him and his girlfriend to come and see us as well. Also an area good for bird watching I hear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts