woodlands devon?

Oct 7, 2006
Visit site
anyone used this site?

looking to keep the 10 and 13 yr old happy for a week in august-this site has a theme park next door?

site looks clean tidy and quiet but may be sloping?

any comments would be useful

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good touring section virtually all pitches are on level terraced pitches. It can be a bit of a walk if you are on the top end of the park. As you are inside the leisure park it is great and the kids will love it plenty for all ages including the parents !!. good facilities with nice family rooms which have shower, wash hand basin and toilet.

Can get a bit busy but that what you would expect in Aug.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Well worth a visit and should keep the family happy with what is available in the area as well.

One warning check what field you are on because they do open a sloping field at the back in the peaks, we had a large TA and did not find it a problem. Facilities are very good but there is no entertainment or bar - suits us though.

We used to store the van here and try to go back every couple of years. - look out for rallies, exactly the same pitches and around half the price.

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
hi alison

were there three years ago wardens

done brilliant job keeping toilet block sparkling .the only thing that we thought that could have been better was theon site shop but there was a well stocked shop at petrol station along the road theme park brill large indoor area for the wet days and with staying on site you are able to walk round at night

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
hi alison we are booked on this site in saturday 1st aug for 4 days hope the weather improves looks good i have a 12 year old boy also have 2 girls age 18 and 21 who will probably be glad to see the back of me

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Just returned from 2 weeks here.

Very dissapointed that on our second week we were surrounded by six dogs with 3 different families,2 of the families had no regard for others letting their very big dogs (small horses!) run up and down the camp field. We have a 5 month old baby and and a 20 month old and felt very nervous being outside for BBQ etc. The 3rd family left on their last day with dog cr*p on the pitch.

The massive problem I see with this site is that their seems to be no rules on stopping ball games, there is no play field for the kids, so if you go here, you take a risk of getting balls bashed against your outfit. Tents and caravans are mixed in the same field, if you have a

May 10, 2009
Visit site

Very dissapointed that on our second week we were surrounded by six dogs with 3 different families,2 of the families had no regard for others letting their very big dogs (small horses!) run up and down the camp field. We have a 5 month old baby and and a 20 month old and felt very nervous being outside for BBQ etc. The 3rd family left on their last day with dog cr*p on the pitch.

The massive problem I see with this site is that their seems to be no rules on stopping ball games, there is no play field for the kids, so if you go here, you take a risk of getting balls bashed against your outfit. Tents and caravans are mixed in the same field, if you have a

May 10, 2009
Visit site

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Just got back from Woodlands, spent 4 nights there.

POSITVE:

The leisure park has something for all. Some parts of the park remain open (useful if you wish to take the kids for a walk after tea).

Toilet block - Good

Showers - Good

Laundry - Good

NEGATIVE

We went for a walk onto the tent field. On a Saturday night you couldn't move. The noise was dreadful. There was even a car thumping out music at 9.45pm that could be heard 100m away.

Kids will be kids and there is a difference between children playing and noise made with no regard for others. I.e loud music and drunken bbq's.

Nobody wants to spoil anyones holiday but we all want an enjoyable one.

The point above about the wardens is a very valid one. With a little policing this could be an absolute gem of a site !!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
I agree with the latter comments on this thread. This site does tend to "pack 'em in" in the school holidays.

I would suggest staying on a site nearby and visiting Woodlands on "days out" rather than staying there if you are looking for somewhere quieter and more spacious.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Went last HAHA "summer" it was o.k but nothing special the parks good but not that exciting o.k for kids but not for more than a week i would say.

When we went we were stuck on thr top field (all the tents had the service pitches) they did tell us there was a bit of an incline but not how steep it actually was.

there were a few caravans up there but maimly tents and it was quite noisey nothing to bad.

The brother in law electric hook up kept tripping out and it took them 2 days to come and have a look at it. When the neibours left we came back to find a tent had pitched about a foot from the caravan leaving only enough space to get my aqua-roll in and out the warden went passed a hundred times and nothing was said even though there is supposed to be a minimum distance from unit to unit(what if there was a fire in the tent next door)

Shower block was clean most of the time but the kids hung out there on a night.

Personally i dont think I would return

M.H.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
We have been perhaps a dozen times and have never encountered these problems, as i said in earlier post they do open a sloping field in peak season and you do get a lot of tents here, so perhaps this is what is causing the problem.

I would try to book early and try and get one of the pitches on the "steppes" i.e. Falcons view, Hillcrest and avoid Well Park.

I have to disagree with the general opinion on this thread and say Woodlands is a great park and a very good campsite, as good as any CC site we have stayed at.

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Having JUST returned from Woodlands, whilst I agree that some area's maybe better.

I have never been on a site where you can hear the bass of a vehicle music system over 100m away at 9.45pm.

Tents so close together that the guide ropes almost touch.

With a little more adhesion to the rules this could be a KNOCKOUT site.

People dont want to complai and we all try to avoid confrontation. A little help from Wardens goes such a long way.

It's always the odd few that ruin it for the so many.

Mr Clark Son :) where did you stay, where you on the camping fields?

What happens if people book and find themselves on the tenting field. It should not make a difference.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to say we stayed on Falcons View, for what its worth I would not stay here again , far too noisy and no policing of the site in any way from what I could see. Shame as it could be a really could site if the Wardens bothered to get involved.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I have stayed in all the areas, last time was last year - we did intend going this year but had to cancel due to family illness.

From what is being said which all seems to be after fairly recent stays it seems like they may be letting the site get too crowded and the wardens are not doing their job - perhaps some one should complain.

The last few years we have not gone at peak times and I have no complaints whatsoever and stand by my earlier comments, we will go again.

TRENDING THREADS