Woosie Club

Page 346 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
20240201-111116.jpg

Greetings.....we are way down south in Andalusia with the caravan enjoying good weather :cool:
The caravan is level...pitch is slooping!
Bill,
You and Belinda are stars. All that driving for the sun. Brilliant. Have a great time.,Good job you carry hundreds of wooden blocks. I noticed your right shoulder is sloping these days! But was it the ground or some other intervening factor🍷🍷🍷

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dear Woosies, well old age has hit me again, and has scuppered my plans for caravanning this spring, and trying to arrange a Spring Woosie fest.

I had my right eye diagnosed with a detached retina in mid January, and it was operated on straight away, unfortunately this didn't work, and it was redone last Friday, 23rd Jan,. Partially saw the consultant on Monday and he wasn't happy, then on Tuesday another consultant, so it is total rest until next Thursday when I visit them again but it sounds like they will try a different procedure Next Friday.

Also my trusty Scribe Dusty Dog, is having his shoulder joint replaced. So he will probably not be caravanning for a couple of months.

So if any of you are going away anywhere and are willing to share your site with other Woosies, please just put a posting on here.
I will look at getting a Woosie fest sorted out for late summer if that suits everybody.
Hutch. Oh , and Mrs H gets here 2nd cataract done next Monday.
Take care everyone.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dear Woosies, well old age has hit me again, and has scuppered my plans for caravanning this spring, and trying to arrange a Spring Woosie fest.

I had my right eye diagnosed with a detached retina in mid January, and it was operated on straight away, unfortunately this didn't work, and it was redone last Friday, 23rd Jan,. Partially saw the consultant on Monday and he wasn't happy, then on Tuesday another consultant, so it is total rest until next Thursday when I visit them again but it sounds like they will try a different procedure Next Friday.

Also my trusty Scribe Dusty Dog, is having his shoulder joint replaced. So he will probably not be caravanning for a couple of months.

So if any of you are going away anywhere and are willing to share your site with other Woosies, please just put a posting on here.
I will look at getting a Woosie fest sorted out for late summer if that suits everybody.
Take care everyone.
Hutch , thank you for that. Our longest reigning king ever👏👏
Lady Villa is awaiting a date to see the Lung man following her long stay in GWH December. Pathetic service so will see what strings our GP can pull next week.
I’m on the slab 15 th April now so I won’t be out quite a while, see other posts.
Hope you and Elaine get the eyes sorted. So important.
Sadly , no names there are others worse off than us. Best wishes and good luck to them all👍👍

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
All the best Hutch and Mrs H. Our oldest son ( mid 30s) has a history of eye problems and has recently had a cataract operation. Thankfully a good outcome.
I am sure some sort of meet may eventually happen.
This getting older is a swine isn’t it.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Take care everyone.
Hope they sort your eye out without further problems. My wife had two cataracts done some 10 years ago and her distance vision is still ace. So hope Mrs H has the same successful outcome.(y)

I am booked in for the equivalent of a Donner kebab procedure on 23 March, I blame Portsmouth water, as both myself and KC3 were drinking it at the same place/time in the early 1970s.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Take care everyone.
Oh dear Hutch, sorry to hear of yours and Mrs H,s woe's
Hope you both get sorted very soon and can get out and about again.
I'm still waiting for a small procedure which originally was a 4 month waiting list, its getting on for 7 months now!
Luckily mine is not stopping me doing day to day things, but we are not planning on going any where at the moment as I am busy installing a downstairs loo and a new kitchen arrives for over the Easter break.
Got to do these things now whilst still working and have an income!!
(And still paying for your pensions........Ha Ha)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dear Woosies, The sad passing of Parksy, aka Sir light pole, never acknowledged being on the forum to being a Woosie. That way he could not be said to be "Familiar" ,8th his passing , I feel so sorry for Carole and his family.

I have promised myself to have a good Woosie fest this year, and a quiet moment to reflect on him. He would not want folk to be sad but to enjoy his life.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My detached Retina has been successfully reattached the second time, and now, is stable, now awaiting the Cataract replacement within the next month.
So I'm shall now seriously carry on looking for site for us to meet up.

Could I ask anyone who might be interested in a meet up July /Sept. That are not named Woosies YET. Roughly where they are and miles willing to travel.
At present I am thinking South of the Watford Gap. We have always tried to be a reasonable cost pitch.

Buckman , Roger L, Steve 1962, Chatter. The Woosie fest is open to any one, it it just a get to know the name. You have all been mentioned on The Woosie thread.

Just put a possible on the thread. If with children please put that down, so I know not to look at Adults only.

We normally book for a long weekend , but some stay for a week. The only planned thing is a Saturday lunchtime, Jacobs table, ( Bring some shared food and drink) otherwise maybe a drink in a local pub, early evenings.
Past sites have been, dog friendly, near a pub with food, so we can get a meal together, ( Not compulsory to come along to) , and with FSP for who wants them.
Be careful, too much help and you could end up being the next Woosie King or Queen, or if a Revolution, The New Dictator.and have to sort out next years site.
All help for sites appreciated.
DusryDog, think down Southish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman and DaveA1
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Am happy to meet up but it probably won’t be with the caravan.
If I get there first I could help you all set up on pitch and will bring my lump hammer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Captain Chaos

Currently at AV8 with grandkids…. Obviously I am only here cos they badgered me to bring them
🤣✈️🚁🛩️🛫

Reactions: Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We may be interested if the site has fully serviced pitches. However that along with a hall or pub nearby could be difficult. I know of one site that could accommodate up to 15 vans and all the pitches are fully serviced however the only facilities are 2 toilets, a wash basin and other normal CL facilities.

There is a pub within 1/4 mile and another about 1/2 mile. Arlingham in Gloucestershire is the area, but i guess most will want a site with all the facilities?

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
We may be interested if the site has fully serviced pitches. However that along with a hall or pub nearby could be difficult. I know of one site that could accommodate up to 15 vans and all the pitches are fully serviced however the only facilities are 2 toilets, a wash basin and other normal CL facilities.

There is a pub within 1/4 mile and another about 1/2 mile. Arlingham in Gloucestershire is the area, but i guess most will want a site with all the facilities?
We stayed at a lovely little site at Awre near there last year although it’s not really suitable for this get together

View my photos at: https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Awre

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts