Woosie Club

Page 200 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
I've clearly spent too much time abusing my liveron holiday, and not paying attention! Still, it does show that once a Woosie, always a Woosie!! :p

Never a truer word was spoken :cheer: Hail all Woosies

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Off to one of the stage one converters workshops tomorrow for a guided tour and to look at some of their vehicles, although they still haven't got a Sprinter in we can look at :(

One step nearer in the decision making process.

Now colours are causing a bit of matrimonial and child disharmony.

Here's the choice from the Sprinter colours
Cavensite blue, very like we have so no change BUT matches the caravan
Pearl silver which is a light gold in real life. Lucy says it's for old people.
Aqua Green a bit boring in that not metallic BUT saves nearly £700.

May the debate commence my dear chums. Come on Prof and Parksy, you'd best join in too. :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well Martin, glad your in good humour, my personal view is the Tug and Caravan should match, thats why we went for the SF in the white a near as burger, it match. So good luck , but you are
Sir Out-Numbered,BAR WC (4-1)
for a reason

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Cavansite Blue, with a light grey interior if it's available.

It really is a great colour for a big vehicle. Would have had my previous S Klasse in CB had it been available.

Our new tug matches the caravan decals colour, so not a bad thing.

In respect of giving sprogs input, all very well to keep the peace, but as they don't keep you it's of no validity, pay them lip service and make your choices :p :p

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
£700 will go a long way, with some spare for you, toward quelling the dissent of the rebellious.

Just saying..
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Many salutations on the taking of the Crown, oh most noble King.
We look forward to paying homage to you at Stratford in September.Dame Crazyguider (OWE)

Your Higness, King of the Woosies, am I the only Woosie to notice that Dame Crazguider (OWE) has used the Wrong colour in her name. And I think she is letting The Woosies down through this lack of respect, maybe to much holiday spirit, met think.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Mel they are indeed very wise words.

Go a bit of a way towards the colour changing underside lighting, bull bars and sunshade with BABE written each side so it doesn't matter who's driving.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
KeefySher said:

It really is a great colour for a big vehicle. Would have had my previous S Klasse in CB had it been available.

In respect of giving sprogs input, all very well to keep the peace, but as they don't keep you it's of no validity, pay them lip service and make your choices :p :p

Will Cavensite combined with the blacked out windows look like a panel van? I know it is, but it isn't if that makes sense?

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Mel they are indeed very wise words.

Go a bit of a way towards the colour changing underside lighting, bull bars and sunshade with BABE written each side so it doesn't matter who's driving.

Do the wing mirrors have the projection of the 'Star'? A very cool new addition / option on the MB range. I'll try to get an image of mine one night soon. You could always get a 'Babe' lens to replace the Star.

Door sills with LED lighted 'Mercedes Benz' in the front?

Is Ambient Lighting available? A very relaxing option particularly when driving at night.

You got away with mentioning bull bars, often flamed for mine on a previous vehicle for being child killers!! :p :p

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Martin24 said:
KeefySher said:

Will Cavensite combined with the blacked out windows look like a panel van? I know it is, but it isn't if that makes sense?

Not really. Do the limos around london look like vans with blacked out rear side and rear windows. The window line in the sprinter is clean, unlike say a VW caravelle, which fits. Can you choose the level of opacity on the tint? Is the rear door one piece, or two?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
KeefySher said:
Martin24 said:
KeefySher said:

Not really. Do the limos around london look like vans with blacked out rear side and rear windows. The window line in the sprinter is clean, unlike say a VW caravelle, which fits. Can you choose the level of opacity on the tint? Is the rear door one piece, or two?

No we can't choose the opacity, it's as it is from the factory and that's it. The rear door is two piece. As far as the mirrors and lighted foot tread goes the options list isn't quite like that on the vans. It hurts to see what £62K buys in the car range and what we get for that sort of money.

I've not used the bull bars for children yet. I use mine for mamic's :woohoo: :whistle:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Anseo said:
I agree with Lucy :p

But which of the other two?

Hard call, I think the Green could have an understated and more 'private' look as opposed to a commercial look.

By just by a hairs width I'm going with Blue.

Edit: with aftermarket window tints, dark or even limo dark, I just had my car done professionally and it only cost £125.00 for warrantied materials, I don't think your vehicle would cost very much more, and it is both a practical and cosmetic enhancement.

Another Edit I did not use this company, but their tint shade simulator works quite well.

http://www.pentagonglasgow.co.uk/tinting/tint-shades.html

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Another vote for the matching blue from me, not difficult to keep clean and your outfit will look more impressive if the colours match.
Whatever choice you make though..... Enjoy!

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Martin24 said:
KeefySher said:
Martin24 said:
KeefySher said:

No we can't choose the opacity, it's as it is from the factory and that's it. The rear door is two piece. As far as the mirrors and lighted foot tread goes the options list isn't quite like that on the vans. It hurts to see what £62K buys in the car range and what we get for that sort of money.

I've not used the bull bars for children yet. I use mine for mamic's :woohoo: :whistle:

I misguidedly believed the initial hype around the vans when MB re-launched the V Class, what was the Vianno / Sprinter in their previous life, and were building them all in a super new plant in Espania. Is an adapted V Class an option?

There are aftermarket kits for the puddle lights in the mirrors and tread plates :woohoo:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
crazyguider said:
We look forward to paying homage to you at Stratford in September.Dame Crazyguider (OWE)

Your Higness, King of the Woosies, am I the only Woosie to notice that Dame Crazguider (OWE) has used the Wrong colour in her name. And I think she is letting The Woosies down through this lack of respect, maybe to much holiday spirit, met think.

............she is already grovelling
............we all know she is Crazy.
...........and she is from Somerset!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
KeefySher said:
Martin24 said:
KeefySher said:
Martin24 said:
KeefySher said:

I misguidedly believed the initial hype around the vans when MB re-launched the V Class, what was the Vianno / Sprinter in their previous life, and were building them all in a super new plant in Espania. Is an adapted V Class an option?

There are aftermarket kits for the puddle lights in the mirrors and tread plates :woohoo:

The Sprinter has always been the Sprinter. The V class has I think replaced the Vianno and is of course based on the Vito.

The V class is too short for everything we need it to be able to do and like the T6's too low for my chair. That then means floor to be lowered and no ground clearance for the underslung lift cassette. The Sprinter we can have in standard height so less like a delivery van but even with that it means having to have medium wheelbase. Virtually everything is an extra even down to the passenger air bag.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
EH52ARH said:
crazyguider said:

............she is already grovelling
............we all know she is Crazy.
...........and she is from Somerset!

And she makes a great butter squash soup

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
May well be sat nav instead of metallic. Therefore Aqua green. Anyway the trip to the workshops was really good and all our questions were comprehensively answered. One quote left to come at the end of week and then decide who to order with. May be well into next year before we actually see it though.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So at Stratford we can see the old outfit. Looking forward .to it, The most bunch of Woosiesies in one place. How many new club members can The King enroll. ?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps Sir WC (MNKOR) BAR can publish a full list of members of the Woosies some of whom I have never met in person.....you might be surprised Hutch :unsure:

You never know........might get to meet some at Stratford on Avon :whistle:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
May well be sat nav instead of metallic. Therefore Aqua green. Anyway the trip to the workshops was really good and all our questions were comprehensively answered. One quote left to come at the end of week and then decide who to order with. May be well into next year before we actually see it though.

Is that for the enviromental green sites Sir outnumbered :lol:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts