Woosie Club

Page 233 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Even Coventry looking good today!
20180708_121714.jpg

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Good evening Woosies

The good news is we should have Caravan before Septmber, the bad news is that will be too late for Woosie fest.
We will make the next get together, sorry guys i have been off line lately, new job, and real life issues but all is cool now.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel said:
Heard on the news today.....

"A spokesman for the Met Office said that they believed that this unusually long spell of dry weather was because an individual, thought to be living in the South West, had not been Caravanning for some time. This individual has a number of alias's including Gagakev, Kev, and Woosie. Government officials are searching the area around Buckfast Abbey as there have been several sightings in that vicinity. Severn Trent and Thames Water have issued the following plea: " For Pity's sake get out in your van".

Mel

I think he done it, or at least must be sitting in the van, the weather report here says maybe expect thunder storms in our area, and the temp has dropped really fast tonight.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Heard on the news today.....

"A spokesman for the Met Office said that they believed that this unusually long spell of dry weather was because an individual, thought to be living in the South West, had not been Caravanning for some time. This individual has a number of alias's including Gagakev, Kev, and Woosie. Government officials are searching the area around Buckfast Abbey as there have been several sightings in that vicinity. Severn Trent and Thames Water have issued the following plea: " For Pity's sake get out in your van".

Mel

Ah Lady Mel thats so sweet,but you will have to grin and bear it I'm afraid :evil:
After all these years you have all begged the rainmaster to stay home and the one year I obey you change your minds!!! There's no pleasing some folk :kiss:
But to give you some hope the van will venture out on the 1st Sept for one night only, daughters wedding :)
Happy Caravanning folks,

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
To all the Woosie's I have not yet had the pleasure to meet with yet:

I do sincerely feel that this Practical Caravan forum site is going 'down the tubes'.

Regrettable as that may be (and I am hope and wish that I am wrong), I look forward to meeting you at the fest.

May I suggest that (ifwhen it all goes pear shaped), we make efforts to convey our respective contact details, Hutch has mine and I grant hm the freedom to share with others, THANKS Hutch.

Lets keep in touch whatever.

Regards to all,

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
John,
I can say without any hesitation the Woosiefest are legendary.
You and Mrs Haggis will enjoy.
I will be bringing a bottle of Laphroag amongst other things.Look forward to seeing you :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
To all the Woosie's I have not yet had the pleasure to meet with yet:

I do sincerely feel that this Practical Caravan forum site is going 'down the tubes'.

Regrettable as that may be (and I am hope and wish that I am wrong), I look forward to meeting you at the fest.

May I suggest that (ifwhen it all goes pear shaped), we make efforts to convey our respective contact details, Hutch has mine and I grant hm the freedom to share with others, THANKS Hutch.

Lets keep in touch whatever.

Regards to all,

John
Hi John
I'm sorry to see that you feel that this forum is 'going down the tubes'.
It's true that there has been a change of ownership to Practical Caravan Magazine including this forum which represents the online voice of the magazine readership.
It's also true that some of us have recently become concerned at the type and the volume of advertising material that is appearing on the forum pages, and which causes the forum page to jump around when it is opened.
Damian has informed you that he's been in contact with the new owners and that he's waiting for replies to questions about the adverts that he's asked on our behalf.
This particular internet forum has been around for at least 15 years, there's no reason to suppose that it won't be around for the next 15 years, and unfounded rumours about the demise of this valuable online resource have surfaced from time to time.
The proof is in the pudding, we're still here, new members continue to join this forum, some stay as you yourself have stayed, and others ask specific questions, receive replies and they don't continue to use this forum to make onlline friends and to share jokes, gossip etc.
The published content of this forum varies from time to time, but the forum consistently delivers very good real time technical advice from members who are usually experienced touring caravan owners.
It's great that you want to keep in touch with everybody but I sincerely believe that in terms of the demise of this forum you are way off the mark, and rumours only serve to fuel speculation which puts off new members.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Parksy,

Thanks for your response, I am VERY glad to be "way off the mark" in my assumptions, and appreciate your reassurance that not all is the gloom and doom I perceived.

I will not make similar comments to my past ones on this matter, I certainly do not want to put newcomers off.

This is a great forum and I would miss it and the forum members very very much, I allowed my emotions to drive me to ill judged comments.

Many thanks to you and Damian for all your efforts :)

Regards,
John

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
John,
I will be bringing a bottle of Laphroag amongst other things.Look forward to seeing you :cheer:

And I will bring a very peaty malt Dusty, and maybe some soft drinks - but I hear that soft drinks don't travel well :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Dustydog said:
John,

And I will bring a very peaty malt Dusty, and maybe some soft drinks - but I hear that soft drinks don't travel well :p

We could end up being called The Malteser Knights of The Woosie Round Table :woohoo:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........busy busy 2 days with a DIY removals for my single daughter, moving all her belongings from an Oxford flat to a friend's garage in Wakefield.
B***dy flat up on 4th floor and no lift!!
She is in the process of settling up north for a new life and job in Manchester.

........now need at least a weeks holiday in the cararavan :cheer:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.........busy busy 2 days with a DIY removals for my single daughter, moving all her belongings from an Oxford flat to a friend's garage in Wakefield.
She is in the process of settling up north for a new life and job in Manchester.

Phew!
In 30 degs :woohoo:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gafferbill said:

Phew!

Keeps you fit ! I'll be thinking of you whilst in the garden in the sun B)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gafferbill said:

Did exactly the same for our youngest son, the one who came to us through fostering, two weeks ago, also in 30degree heat and also to a third floor flat with no lift. Thought OH was going to have coronary getting the double mattress up the stairs. Now recovered after a weekend in the van. B) :cheer:
Sounds like you will be moving stuff again though Bill!!
Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
On a separate note, we realised we had more annual leave owing than first thought, so have extended stay at Woosiethorpe. Now arriving on 9th sept.
Mel

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Gafferbill and Mel's work efforts have my sympathy.

Tired me out just reading about them, I'm going to check my diary and look at extending my stay at Woosiefest, one does need time to recuperate from reading about such exertions. :p

Well done Bill and Mel, hope you both have a great break from chores from now on in.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Dustydog said:
Gafferbill said:

Phew!

Keeps you fit ! I'll be thinking of you whilst in the garden in the sun B)
[/quote

OmG, And I thought I would scare children after having my nose operation last Monday.
At least the weather is good up north. :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Enjoy it mate, whilst it lasts for us all. Looks like we are off to France, maybe next week. Maybe see you after the Woosie fest , if we go to Northumberland. Then I can get my Motorbike. :unsure:

TRENDING THREADS