Woosie Club

Page 253 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Mel said:
Looks like Hutch will be getting the Pizza’s in. :p
Mel

Maybe,When I booked last night pitch 32 wasn't available. So maybe some one else has grabbed it.

Poor devils do they realise they are bang in the middle of a Wossiefest? Could it be a motorhome from the Dark Side

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Dustydog wrote

Oh Ye! Oh Ye! This year’s Woosiefest will take place over the weekend 14 th September 2019 at
www.elmcottage.co.uk/
Looks very welcoming, is mid country , reasonable charges,has the required quaffing places nearby, super pitches for old dogs like me, dog walk, and tried and tested by one of our previous Kings.
Let me know what you all think and I will start the negotiations.
Editorial members from PC v are very welcome to join in.
Not that far from the North East if some of our colleagues were at a loose end d :evil:

To compliment Dustydog's arrangements and planning, because I live 1/2 hour away from the park, I visited and can share this information.

Currently the pitch layout looks like below:
However please check that your booking is accurately reflected because there is some confusion about pitch 32? Is it or is it not taken!

Elm_Park_1.JPG

Picture showing fully serviced pitches along boundary wall:

http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Elm_Park_2.JPG

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Dustydog wrote

Oh Ye! Oh Ye! This year’s Woosiefest will take place over the weekend 14 th September 2019 at
www.elmcottage.co.uk/
Looks very welcoming, is mid country , reasonable charges,has the required quaffing places nearby, super pitches for old dogs like me, dog walk, and tried and tested by one of our previous Kings.
Let me know what you all think and I will start the negotiations.
Editorial members from PC v are very welcome to join in.
Not that far from the North East if some of our colleagues were at a loose end d :evil:

To compliment Dustydog's arrangements and planning, because I live 1/2 hour away from the park, I visited and can share this information.

Currently the pitch layout looks like below:
However please check that your booking is accurately reflected because there is some confusion about pitch 32? Is it or is it not taken!

Elm_Park_1.JPG

Picture showing fully serviced pitches along boundary wall:

]http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Elm_Park_2.JPG
http://www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Elm_Park_2.JPG[/quote
Not Happy at all Grey, I decided to get here early, and it looks like they’ve double booked. Who’s that on my pitch ? ... :p

a099v8.jpg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just had this from James at Elm Brook. Looks like I need to book The Shrewsbury Arms for Saturday evening.
Pizza sounds interesting for Friday evening. Anyone interested and I will let James know in advance. :cheer:

HI Alan,

Thanks for holding your Autumn meet at Elm Cottage. It's great to see the booking coming in.
The barn seats 64; it is a large space perfect for social gatherings. It's a 'bring your own' style for drinks. We do offer catering for numbers over 30, from a 2 course supper (approx £11pp) to 3 course roast dinners (approx £20pp) or you can bring your own food in for Jacob's join' style evenings.
The Shrewsbury Arms (just 500 yards away) often do dinners for groups too.
Depending on numbers on site, we may do our delicious wood-fired pizzas on Friday 13th.

We do have a booking for the barn on Friday 13th & Saturday 14th sadly, but it is available for the rest of your stay. It is normally £45 per session ( morning, afternoon or evening), but I can do it for £35 per session as you have paid full price on your pitches. If you want to hire it for multiple night, the price goes down even more.

Please let me know your thoughts, or give me a call to discuss in more detail.

Kind regards,

Jackie & the Elm Cottage team
01829 760544

www.elmcottage.co.uk

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Shewsbury Arms looks nice. I will take a drive there this weekend and have a look around. Regarding the layout map, pitch 32 is not listed - is anyone from our group on that pitch. Alan, did you not reserve it at one time?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
No idea Grey, not reserved by me. When you visit The Shrewsbury Arms can you see if they have a separate room or area we could use on the Saturday evening for a meal? I appreciate your help here Grey. We always like to check things out so very handy you are so close.
I am sure pitch 32 will find a home soon, come on you Woosies. Poor little fully serviced pitch is crying out for a visitor :)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
For us Sat. night (or Friday) at the pub would be fine. dined there last year with about 10 other ralliers in a separate dining area, we say book it if you can. (If I/we remember right can get more than 10 in the area.) But we're certainly 'game' for whatever!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Pete,
As you can see our secret Woosie Scout is doing a reconnoiter. I agree we need the meal ,say Saturday, I. The Shrewsbury.
Grey will book it if he’s happy as you are. Gets my support Woosies

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Pete,
As you can see our secret Woosie Scout is doing a reconnoiter. I agree we need the meal ,say Saturday, I. The Shrewsbury.
Grey will book it if he’s happy as you are. Gets my support Woosies

It suits us fine as well.
Pitch 32 was taken for the weekend, its available after the weekend.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
20190204-162607.jpg

.........Greetings Woosies from a sunny Andalusia.

September Woosiefest all looks good to me ....count us in to everything and Thanks :)

PS. Will book later......being tight we may end up on a grass non EHU pitch :lol:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Pictures like this on here should be banned, typical seasonal (British) only allowed. Jealous who me? -- All that 'foreign muck to eat & drink!', no heating bills? nah couldn't do with that!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well, I can feel the Green mist rising :woohoo: Thick snow last Friday, -8 degs earlier this week :(
Looking good Bill and Belinda :kiss:

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Found out pitch 32 is taken by "Pete Robinson" Is he one of our group?

Anyway all fully serviced pitches taken.

I am checking about other pitches and will post what is available soon

Elm_Park_1.JPG

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
There is confusion over our booking apparently as when booking we requested pitch 30, and assumed we had got that, as no indication we could not have it. But after the confusion/consternation of late over pitch allocation, checked our booking email and we find they have allocated us pitch 32. Will check with site tomorrow as to which we are down for.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Dustydog wrote

EH52ARH wrote:
Dustydog wrote:
Woosifest W/End 14.09.2019
Elmcottage Caravan Park

Dustydog …..…. Booked 11 -18th September Seviced pitch no 31.
Gabsgrandad --- Booked 11th. - 18th Sept. serviced pitch No 30
Grey ………. Booked 12th to 16th. Serviced pitch no 34
Hutch booked 11th sept to 18th sept. Pitch 35.
Icaru Booked 13th to 15 great Sept pitch. 33

Gabsgrandad:

I visited the park today (Saturday to ask who was on 32 and they said Pete Robinson. I never realised that was in fact gabsgrandad. So now the question is who is on pitch 30. When you contact them Pete first check which pitch you are on ask exactly who is on the other one (30 or 32) Please let me know so I can update the drawing. If one is still available someone else may wish to grab it ASAP before it runs out. I have a feeling that park is pretty busy that weekend!

Elm_Park_1.JPG

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Had a call from Elm Cottage http://www.elmcottage.co.uk/ this morning (10/02/2019 to clarify pitch allocations and availability.

Turns out pitch 30 is taken by a long stay visitor so Gabsgrandad is on pitch 32.

Further to that it seems online booking may have a problem so anyone wishing to book please just call them on 01829 760544 and discuss exactly which pitch you are interested in and make your booking.

As of today, the following all weather pitches are still available for that weekend.

Pitch No's 4,8.15,16,17,18,21,23,24,26,27 & 29

There is a "750 Motor Club Car Championships" on at Oulton Park Raceway just round the corner so if thinking of attending don't leave it too late!

Elm_Park_1.JPG

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Yep, we are definitely on 32, checked this am. --- They hadn't bothered to tell us we couldn't have 30 when booking, and we did not spot it on the booking form that it had been changed to 32. . -- Anyway -- sorted! -- Sorry folks!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Had a call from Elm Cottage http://www.elmcottage.co.uk/ this morning (10/02/2019 to clarify pitch allocations and availability.

Turns out pitch 30 is taken by a long stay visitor.......
]

Poor soul. Perhaps you can recruit them to the Woosie Club. B) :cheer:
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Pitch 29 booked Thursday 12th-- Monday 16th September.......thanks for your help Grey :)

Looks like we have decent bunch of folk for The Woosie fest. , Anseo, are you waiting until later, We know your Our Knight in the North. . Icaru 5 I am sure you the other half and the kids and dog will be more than amused to meet us all in person. Thanks for joining in.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Looks like we have decent bunch of folk for [color=#bb0088 said:
The Woosie fest. [/color], Anseo, are you waiting until later, We know your Our Knight in the North..

Hutch,

Potentially there are some things in the offing in September, so too early for me to confirm, circumstances should allow for me to be there, just not certain at this time.

I considered booking early but was not happy to pay the site the full amount 8 months in advance, I don't know why they think that is an acceptable practice !

I did find that the site can be booked through https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/North_West/Cheshire/Winsford/elm-cottage-touring-park/?type=3&arrive=2019-09-26&depart=2019-10-01&adults=2&children=0&child_ages=&scroll_to_pitchtype=%23CheckAvailabilityPanel&inline_search=1&availability=on&nights=5&pitchtype= and with much less punitive cancellation charges, and the balance not due until 29819,

Anseo

TRENDING THREADS