Woosie Club

Page 251 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
JayTea,

Best you come along to Spring Fest and share the culinary delights, hope you can make it.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread :blush:

Anseo

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
My local butcher makes his own Haggis and pork and Haggis sausages.excellent.
What makes a good Haggis. My jock friends?

Sw comfort book page 19. Fantaastic.

20190126-200550.jpg

I will make one for spring meet up.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
My local butcher makes his own Haggis and pork and Haggis sausages.excellent.
What makes a good Haggis. My jock friends?

Sw comfort book page 19. Fantaastic.

20190126-200550.jpg

I will make one for spring meet up.
Down here it’s Haggis Nips and titties. Or have I got that wrong :evil: :S :evil:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Jay Tea.
Your introductory thread was hijacked which I consider to be discourteous to you, so I moved the off topic replies to a more appropriate thread and topic where they belong.
Here's another off topic intervention.
Hutch and Dustydog, this forum has never hosted industrial language or implied industrial language or jokes in which letters are slightly re-arranged and never will, which is why I deleted your recent pearls of wisdom.
Please remember that if an inappropriate word or phrase would be unlikely to appear in Practical Caravan magazine it won't make the cut here either.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Dustydog said:
I have dusted off my old crown and will forge ahead with the other past Kings and Queen and start our planning for this autumn’s fest.
1. The gathering is fully open to all PCv Forumites and Woosies.

2. Suggested dates, second and /or third week end of September ie 7th or 14th. Can be later if you wish.

3. Geographic Location. All suggestions warmly welcomed. I will happily liaise with my fellow Monarchs on the chosen site .

4. Meanwhile Hutch and Anseo are organising a spring Fest.

Looking forward to hearing from you all :) :)

Three line whip :eek:hmy:
I appreciate a number of you still work and time is precious.
May I ask the workers put forward dates that will suit them. More joining the better :cheer:

We need more ideas for locations too please.

My calendar is filling rapidly now. Three trips booked today :cheer:

Not sure where the autumn Woosiefest will be yet.
Craig will you be making it this year. We can try and work around your schedule and geography perhaps B)
The CS I have booked near Clun is opening three days earlier for us. Great there are still some wonderful people about. Hope to have some suggestions please,. Cheers

DD

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Dusty ,

As usual to you's all , thank you for the invite again but great north run weekend as usual on the 8th and I am unsure as roter change as always at beginning of September so I couldn't say yes or no !
I'd love to but too soon to tell :unsure:

As for the one at Easter we cannot make that one as we are away the weekend before :(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Dusty ,

As usual to you's all , thank you for the invite again but great north run weekend as usual on the 8th and I am unsure as roter change as always at beginning of September so I couldn't say yes or no !
I'd love to but too soon to tell :unsure:

As for the one at Easter we cannot make that one as we are away the weekend before :(
No worries Craig. As Hutch can only do the week 14th September that will be the current favourite. Our location is important and I wish to make it as easily accessible as possible for all concerned . Once we know roughly which County I’ll commence my investigations :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Craig,

As an aside do you know of any top sites that may suit the Woosiefest around Durham and Northumberland areas?
I know you you have family commitments, we all had that once but your local area knowledge could be handy please :)
Plenty of time mate. Thanks DD

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Craig,

As an aside do you know of any top sites that may suit the Woosiefest around Durham and Northumberland areas?
I know you you have family commitments, we all had that once but your local area knowledge could be handy please :)
Plenty of time mate. Thanks DD

No pressure chaps , but we tend to use caravan Club sites and our same cl in Yorkshire which is just a 5 van site , we did use one site up in Northumberland which was beside Seahouses which was nice but I think that was something like £27 a night which is a bit steep for a CL site on a working farm , it was nice though but erm... I'm out of ideas chaps ! :(

There is one that springs to mind which is just down from Barnard Castle Club site it's called doe Park which we have been meaning to go but I have had to cancel once or twice just before we went due to work commitments
(link enclosed)

Doe Park
Cotherstone, Barnard Castle DL12 9UQ
01833 650302
https://maps.app.goo.gl/hkCNK

& http://www.doepark.co.uk/tariff

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Super pitches are not important to me, however, I do understand that for some people they are an important factor because of health and mobility reasons etc. and of course convenience.

It is difficult for the Monarchs to please everyone, an unenviable task that is to be sympathised with, I am sure they will do their very best to try to meet everyone's expectations, what more could we ask for.

Spring-Fest to look forward to and I hope that I can be at the Autumn-Fest also.

Anseo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh Ye! Oh Ye! This year’s Woosiefest will take place over the weekend 14 th September 2019 at
http://www.elmcottage.co.uk/
Looks very welcoming, is mid country , reasonable charges,has the required quaffing places nearby, super pitches for old dogs like me, dog walk, and tried and tested by one of our previous Kings.
Let me know what you all think and I will start the negotiations.
Editorial members from PC v are very welcome to join in.
Not that far from the North East if some of our colleagues were at a loose end d :evil:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Oh Ye! Oh Ye! This year’s Woosiefest will take place over the weekend 14 th September 2019 at
http://www.elmcottage.co.uk/
Looks very welcoming, is mid country , reasonable charges,has the required quaffing places nearby, super pitches for old dogs like me, dog walk, and tried and tested by one of our previous Kings.
Let me know what you all think and I will start the negotiations.
Editorial members from PC v are very welcome to join in.
Not that far from the North East if some of our colleagues were at a loose end d :evil:

Great for us. :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Looks good to me. ....we plan to be there :cheer:
Just arrived on a site just south of Madrid.

Bit of a bummer then, you will miss the exceptionaly cold spell that we are experiencing back here. :dry:

Have a great time you lucky ones :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts