Woosie Club

Page 303 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
I would like to highly reccomend Daisy Bank in Powys, kerry pitches, beautifull surroundings, caravan all hard standing, fully service pitches & a nice Green in front of vans.
Make sure if you look to book, you state Kerry Pitches.
Dependant on if interested & how many going, i may be able to get us a discount, have stayed there 3 times.
You may have to research a local pub though, Supermarket just down the road.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would like to highly reccomend Daisy Bank in Powys, kerry pitches, beautifull surroundings, caravan all hard standing, fully service pitches & a nice Green in front of vans.
Make sure if you look to book, you state Kerry Pitches.
Dependant on if interested & how many going, i may be able to get us a discount, have stayed there 3 times.
You may have to research a local pub though, Supermarket just down the road.
Hi GrizzlyBathplug We are going to Daisy Bank in June on Kerry already booked our Fully Hard Standing Service Pitch we been there about 5 times it one of our Favourites

Reactions: GrizzlyBathplug
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I missed this thread! Old age😥.
Thanks Hutch and everyone else for all your news.
Poston Mill is a great site, we have used it before for a previous WoosieFest.
Its also fairly central for most.
We also liked The Black Bull but it doesn’t have any fully serviced pitches which may be requirement for some of us.
Waterrow is a defo return.
Burrowhayes Porlock is also worth a punt. FSP. Plenty going on but a 5 minute drive into delightful Porlock.
We have suggestions for Daisy Bank. Maybe something North Yorks or closer to Sir Haggis?
Let’s all have a think. I can’t see much happening before May.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I missed this thread! Old age😥.
Thanks Hutch and everyone else for all your news.
Poston Mill is a great site, we have used it before for a previous WoosieFest.
Its also fairly central for most.
We also liked The Black Bull but it doesn’t have any fully serviced pitches which may be requirement for some of us.
Waterrow is a defo return.
Burrowhayes Porlock is also worth a punt. FSP. Plenty going on but a 5 minute drive into delightful Porlock.
We have suggestions for Daisy Bank. Maybe something North Yorks or closer to Sir Haggis?
Let’s all have a think. I can’t see much happening before May.
Hi Dusty Where we are going in April is Westgate Carr Farm it Adult Park it has fully hardstanding Service Pitches in Pickering North Yorkshire and i heard there is nice Pub nearby .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty Where we are going in April is Westgate Carr Farm it Adult Park it has fully hardstanding Service Pitches in Pickering North Yorkshire and i heard there is nice Pub nearby .
Pickering is on our like list. The NYMR is well worth the day out .I’ll have a look at Westgate. Thanks Beachball.

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not Stowford I think .Initially I thought Rivendale except the lass had a massive roaring log fire burning bright.
This looks like the upstairs part of the Mill Inn at Poston Mill Peterchurch Herefordshire. I’ll ponder about The Black Bull Pickering too?? Hutch you were at The Black Bull so probably I don’t need to ponder 🤪
Rivendale was about 8 years ago and Poston Mill 7 I think?

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As soon as I wrote and submitted Stowford I had second thoughts, it's more likely to have been DD's thought, the upstairs room at Poston Mill

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
My first thought was Rivendell, but I think DD is right, Poston Mill. We didn’t take our own grub to the pub in Pickering.
ml

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I looked at my photo collection and it is Rivendale Woosiefest October 2013.

.....also the Quiche, serving slice and fluted dish, was part of our contribution and we have never been to Poston Mill;)

Reactions: Mel and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Interesting Bill. But where is that massive log fire?? I guess your album beats our ageing memories😁😁

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Massive log fire was upstairs in the bar.....they gave us a room downstairs for our meal provided we bought drinks from the bar.

The cake near Carole in Pete's picture is this one...........

Rivendale-17.jpg

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Massive log fire was upstairs in the bar.....they gave us a room downstairs for our meal provided we bought drinks from the bar.

The cake near Carole in Pete's picture is this one...........

Rivendale-17.jpg
I remember doing the writing on the cake.
They gave us their cafe for our Jacob's table meal.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone have photos of The Woosie fest at the Black Bull, we sat outside the caravans and had a Sunday fest, where the new Kings Gift of nose weight scales got destroyed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts