Woosie Club

Page 310 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........off on a 17 day tour of 3 CLs.
Abingdon .... Huntingdon. ... Holmes Chapel.
Got to keep the wheels moving :giggle:

.........no I'm not!!

Visited my son, dil and grandson last Sunday.
Was to meet daughter there as well but she left for her flat early feeling unwell with covid symtoms.
Didn't meet daughter!
Daughter later tested positive for Covid and on last Monday dil and son also tested positive.....they are all in their early forties and have had their first jab!
Grandson who was 3 last Tuesday is fine and well.
Net result ......we have been contacted by NHS and ordered to isolate for 10 days......off home we go.
This current variant must be extremely viralent as all of us have strictly followed the rules......we don't have any symptoms and children and dil have mild symptoms that are improving.

Take care out there covid hasn't gone away:(

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
, I was hoping to see you around Huntingdon, and DD up in Norfolk, now we have a couple of unexpected, appointments, I think I will write off next month,
Take care hope you don't have it.

Reactions: Gafferbill
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
What a disappointment Bill. I really thought we had seen the end of this, but obviously not๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ. Hopefully this is just a postponement rather than total cancellation. Hope you two donโ€™t go down with it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
.........no I'm not!!

Was to meet daughter there as well but she left for her flat early feeling unwell with covid symtoms.
Didn't meet daughter!
Daughter later tested positive for Covid and on last Monday dil and son also tested positive.....they are all in their early forties and have had their first jab!
Net result ......we have been contacted by NHS and ordered to isolate for 10 days......off home we go.
This current variant must be extremely viralent as all of us have strictly followed the rules......we don't have any symptoms and children and dil have mild symptoms that are improving.

Sorry to hear that, just shows the need for caution in the unlocking of society. Hope that your family donโ€™t have any lasting effects.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
.........no I'm not!!

Didn't meet daughter!

Oh No Gaffer, you must be devastated, but best to stay safe, hope you are all fine and family recover well in the next few days.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear of this disappointing setback to you and Belinda's travel plans.

Let's hope that all affected suffer little or no symptoms.

Best Wishes for you and all the family.

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have you got some lateral flow tests? You still have to self isolate but at least you would have some indication of whether you have it or not. Whatever the result, hope you stay well and your family recover soon.

BTW Covid being โ€œoverโ€ doesnโ€™t mean that folks are unlikely to get it. Unlocking means more cases ( as the numbers show). What it is about is an โ€œ acceptableโ€ ( as in flu) number of deaths and a manageable amount of pressure on the NHS.
The govt aim appears to be that Covid will be managed like seasonal flu. However, as a population we did not fear seasonal flu ( perhaps we should have??) but that is not true for Covid. Individuals may not fear Covid but the population meta narrative is that this is a killer disease. Flu is also a killer disease of course but does not have the same psychological constructs as Covid. It will be interesting to see the behavioural sequelae of unlocking.
Mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Don't have any symptoms Mel and we must self isolate until June 30th as ordered by the NHS and this regime qualifies us for a test at any time we wish.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We get two packs of LFTs from our local pharmacist foc. We test before visiting my mums care home. The results we log on line. Does give some reassurance. Very good point Mel ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Reactions: Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We โ€œlateral flowโ€ once or twice a week. Order the kits online and they arrive next day. Always do one before a โ€œclose contactโ€ appointment, like the dentist. Just seems like good manners now. I know they are not 100% reliable but they are better than guessing.
mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
For the record.............

You cannot order free lateral flow tests if you have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid and this has been logged by the NHS and you have been ordered to self isolate for ten days.
This applies to my wife and I.

We must order a PCR test if we want to be tested .......we have a test booked today.

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Bill. Didnโ€™t know that. Will keep a stock in! ๐Ÿ˜€Obs if was in contact would also do the right thing and get a PCR.
Hope yours is negative. On the other hand positive but symptomless is also good ( or even better?) news.
Mel

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I have booked a week on a CL near Callington Cornwall 3rd July. Rang down yesterday to see how things are, so will be being very careful between now and then.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
HI, Ade, as far as I can gather, and I will be corrected, it was when the folk from the PC forum used to meet up,at the Stowford meet. And some one, mentioned that they felt a bit "Woosie" empting the honey bucket, and it started from there. Meet ups started to happen in Septembers, but older members will,tell why the "Sirs" and Ladys titles were added. I joined when I mentioned one day, beware of the Woosies, but I had to state why I had cocked up either on the way or when pitching up
. Anyone can come along to a meet up. For a beer, wine, Mug of tea etc, just to put a face to a name. We try and have a joint meal and a Jacobs table, where we all bring a bit of food and tour fav tipple. To have a chat.
I will let others say more. GAGAKEV, is the rain lord for Woosie fests.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes and the Mug who gets "Crowned for the next year" has to try and find a suitable site for the following year, Stuipidly myself and Sir Haggis, (Anseo) chose a site in North Yorkshire so I got lumbered with the Kingship, and covid happened, and I havent found a muppet to hand over to yet. ANSEO.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are next meeting at Upper Hurst Farm near Leek for the weekend of 25th September, although some of us will be there from the Weds or Thursday before ( canโ€™t remember what we booked now๐Ÿ˜‚). You would be welcome to join us. We are fewer in number than usual at this meet what with Covid uncertainty influencing forward planning, but those of us who are there, will give you a warm welcome.
Mel
Edit: Hutch beat me to it by a minute. He types quicker than I do ๐Ÿ˜€

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts