Woosie Club

Page 312 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Cheaper bottles going for £1500 these days. A good one will set you back 3 or 4 grand. And yes, I have had some.
I take it you will not be opening one at the Woosiefest. I did have a bottle of Johnny Walker Green lable on a BA first Class flight home once. That was very nice.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I take it you will not be opening one at the Woosiefest. I did have a bottle of Johnny Walker Green lable on a BA first Class flight home once. That was very nice.

My God NO. I havent got any. I have a very wealthy mate thats a collector, I have sampled Port Ellen at his expense, not mine. However, I will be bringing a rather cheeky little bottle with me.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So BB do you and Mrs BB fancy a Woosiefest next spring? Where do you fancy ? We look for sites that suit all . So now I guess with growing years FSP and a good food pub etc is a pre requisite. All suggestions welcome.
Hutch is worn out trying the hostelries😜😜
I am into Full service hardstanding Pitches, Pubs are not at our top wish list, I do how ever like indoor Swimming Pool ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, its a very good one. Not exactly to my taste but drinkable all the same. My tipple of choice would be a Laphroaig but its a bit peaty smokey from some tastes. Its an Islay which as you know some of the best come from Islay, but it lacks that peaty taste that I crave. Caol Ila is another excellent Islay.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A Restaurant on mine then i could have a small half lager shandy because i am driving :)
It is normally requisite for the Pub to be within walking distance, so we can have the Woosie Meal on a Saturday night, so folk do not have to drive, but then again Rule Number 1, there are no rules. You do what you want too, at a Woosiefest.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Talking of Malts, I keep meaning to try Bunnahabhain, any of you have comments on this distillery?
Another of the famous Islay peaty smoky malts. Pricey but the big supermarkets often have special offers. Very similar in colour and flavour to Bruichladich . Imo one of the best Islay malts come from the Lagavulin distillery. Same taste and flavour. John you will not be disappointed with Bunnahabhain . In fact the Islay malts are my favourites. Aldi do their own Islay malts under a fictitious brand, Glen Marnoch. Google it and it appears to come from a “ secret” distillery on Islay. They also do a Speyside and Highland range.
Do you take yours neat or with a splash?🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Another of the famous Islay peaty smoky malts. Pricey but the big supermarkets often have special offers. Very similar in colour and flavour to Bruichladich . Imo one of the best Islay malts come from the Lagavulin distillery. Same taste and flavour. John you will not be disappointed with Bunnahabhain . In fact the Islay malts are my favourites. Aldi do their own Islay malts under a fictitious brand, Glen Marnoch. Google it and it appears to come from a “ secret” distillery on Islay. They also do a Speyside and Highland range.
For me it a easy answer i don"t drink malts but the people who do enjoy :)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Neat or with a splash? Neat for me.

The splash is a Scottish idea. They will tell you it releases the flavours. Rubbish, they are watering it down 😄

Cradle it in your hand in a cut crystal glass, the warmth will release the flavours.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site

Alan,

I have tried the Glen Marnoch and I find it very suited to my tastes, I like it.

I take whisky with a very small splash in most whisky's, one of the few that I don't put a splash in is Glenfiddich, I am not a connoisseur of whisky's and don't have an explanation as to why that is.

I just drink what I like the taste of, that's all that is needed for simple old me.

I know a group of people who when they get together, and that is regularly, they always buy 50\50 Jim Beam and Scotch Malt whisky's and not the cheaper brands either, they always use mixers, and invariably it is lemonade, I just don't get it.

I have said to them they would be as well buying the cheapest Scotch blendeds, but they disagree, who am I to judge them, it is their money and their preference, and they do enjoy it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It is normally requisite for the Pub to be within walking distance, so we can have the Woosie Meal on a Saturday night, so folk do not have to drive, but then again Rule Number 1, there are no rules. You do what you want too, at a Woosiefest.
Just depends how far in walking distance otherwise i would have to take my car :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Neat or with a splash? Neat for me.

The splash is a Scottish idea. They will tell you it releases the flavours. Rubbish, they are watering it down 😄

Cradle it in your hand in a cut crystal glass, the warmth will release the flavours.
I quite enjoy a glass of Glenfiddich 12 year old on the rocks. I am not a whisky connoisseur only having a tot very, very occasionally. What I have noticed is that it is a lot cheaper to buy the same whisky i.e Glenfiddich in South Africa than in the UK by a considerable margin.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why it would matter BB, you once wrote on a thread somewhere that you don't drink alcohol. 🤔
But only on special occasions i enjoy a small lager shandy when i was a lot younger and at boarding school i use to enjoy a drinking session .with friends. :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
But only on special occasions i enjoy a small lager shandy when i was a lot younger and at boarding school i use to enjoy a drinking session .with friends. :)
It is Not, compulsary to walk to the Woosiefest pub, it is so that folk who want to can do it, I am not the sort of person to sit around the caravan drinking tea and coffee, when there is a pub nearby. 🍺🍺🍷

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts