Woosie Club

Page 314 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Are we still looking at a meal on the Saturday night. If so, both pubs, the Manifold In n and the Charles Cotton are similar distances. Depending what sort of grub you are looking for, the Charles Cotton possibly has the edge.

I had to laugh, the Manifold Inn has a list of pub classics, i.e. Morrocan Chickpea Curry. Not a pub classic in my book.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi there folks, I would like to think that a Saturday evening in one of the pubs would be nice, but NO One is forced to do anything they are not comfortable to do , the covid virus has not disapeared.
A well spaced Jacobs table on the Sunday I hope can happen, lets get to Upper Hurst and we can decide, I shall check out the pubs, maybe with Thingys help , and anyone else and advise what would be best.

Lets keep ourself safe.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi there folks, I would like to think that a Saturday evening in one of the pubs would be nice, but NO One is forced to do anything they are not comfortable to do , the covid virus has not disapeared.
A well spaced Jacobs table on the Sunday I hope can happen, lets get to Upper Hurst and we can decide, I shall check out the pubs, maybe with Thingys help , and anyone else and advise what would be best.

Lets keep ourself safe.
Very envious 😥😥

Reactions: Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
A Jacobs table of shared food may not feel OK for those with extra Covid vulnerabilities. So how about we replace the food with bottles of ale/whisky/Prosecco and just bring our own Sandwiches? Sanitise hands between pourings of course.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A Jacobs table of shared food may not feel OK for those with extra Covid vulnerabilities. So how about we replace the food with bottles of ale/whisky/Prosecco and just bring our own Sandwiches? Sanitise hands between pourings of course.
Mel
Mel, I think that is a very sensible idea, lets go with that for now, and although it might be low profile lets not upset anyone,
I Will talk to folk about it when we all arrive.
Thanks for inputs.

Reactions: Thingy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but it is the toasting drink for The Woosie King,
There is a lot you have to learn, No single leg trousers though. Or sheepskin Gauntlets.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Buckfast, wine or mead?
There is a lot you have to learn, No single leg trousers though. Or sheepskin Gauntlets.

Thank goodness for that, if you ask me to stand on one leg Ill probably fall over, and not from the drink.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Buckfast, wine or mead?

You are correct, Monks live at Buckfast Abbey approx 8 miles from me, and produce the wine.
Traditionally I purchased and supplied the fest's for the toasting of the new King or Queen.
I couldnt make it last year but managed to purchase some, meet up with Dusty dog and he took it along to last year's fest.

Nice to know and a comfort to know King Hutch has sourced a supply .

Problem is I suspect you wont get any ...............Hutch would have downed the lot :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You are correct, Monks live at Buckfast Abbey approx 8 miles from me, and produce the wine.
Traditionally I purchased and supplied the fest's for the toasting of the new King or Queen.
I couldnt make it last year but managed to purchase some, meet up with Dusty dog and he took it along to last year's fest.

Nice to know and a comfort to know King Hutch has sourced a supply .

Problem is I suspect you wont get any ...............Hutch would have downed the lot :LOL: :LOL:
I used to go to Buckfast Abbey for bee keeping courses run by Brother Adam an old German monk who was a world authority on bees. The courses also included how to use the products of the hive. I paid particular attention to the lesson on how to make Mead. Yummy.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I used to go to Buckfast Abbey for bee keeping courses run by Brother Adam an old German monk who was a world authority on bees. The courses also included how to use the products of the hive. I paid particular attention to the lesson on how to make Mead. Yummy.
Small world OC, hope you didn't get stung!!!
Havent popped into Horrabridge as of yet, came back from site today and going back next weekend as we cant do the bank holiday weekend, got grandson and a dog to baby sit.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Small world OC, hope you didn't get stung!!!
Havent popped into Horrabridge as of yet, came back from site today and going back next weekend as we cant do the bank holiday weekend, got grandson and a dog to baby sit.
Glad the seasonal is going well, it is a super area. My 29 year old grandson has invited me out on Wednesday to go for a walk with him and his Visla. I think the family feel I need more social contact.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts