Woosie Club

Page 315 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel,
I will have to reciprocate and do the same , at the same timeđŸșđŸșđŸșđŸș. Will really miss you guys đŸ˜„đŸ˜„

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad the seasonal is going well, it is a super area. My 29 year old grandson has invited me out on Wednesday to go for a walk with him and his Visla. I think the family feel I need more social contact.
otherclive Social contact is just as important and physical exercise and it must be nice to know you have family who care for you so much. Enjoy the walk and company...............

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
They already have Hutch 😜
I haven't recieved that Email yet, got i booked down to pay,
Expensive month this one, car tax ÂŁ275, car Insurance ÂŁ268, service and MOT, ÂŁ273, and the Woosie fest, ÂŁ231. I will be putting the bgging bowl around.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Expensive month this one, car tax ÂŁ275, car Insurance ÂŁ268, service and MOT, ÂŁ273, and the Woosie fest, ÂŁ231. I will be putting the bgging bowl around.
I paid for our stay when I booked, but don't pass the begging bowl my way.
Before this years Woosie gathering I've got a music festival and a week in Weymouth to spend my money on.
I've had to cut our stay at Upper Hurst Farm short to be back for my granddaughter's 10th birthday, and her birthdays are always an expensive time for me 😼

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im in the same position as you Parksy. Grandsons birthday party on the Sunday afternoon, and he is staying with us on the Monday and Tuesday (gawd help us). Back home for tea and medals, then two weeks later, and its off to Hawes for almost three weeks.

Its not on a new email, its on the invoice attached to the booking email. Its a good job I looked as I was expecting to pay the balance on arrival. So easy to forget these things when you have loads of other stuff going on.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We can empathise with your comments, August was our dear month from car, roof treatment and a number of birthdays close together. Glad to say that all dealt with and there is always next month which should ease the strain.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Expensive month this one, car tax ÂŁ275, car Insurance ÂŁ268, service and MOT, ÂŁ273, and the Woosie fest, ÂŁ231. I will be putting the begging bowl around.
Can we stand behind you? Same with car insurance, MOT and Bank holiday. To get through the MOT car needs a new exhaust! Altogether costs more than the car is worth, but it is an extremely reliable car being a Toyota! :D

May 24, 2014
Visit site
In the last 60 days, we have serviced two cars, MOTd one, serviced the CCTV system, burglar alarm and gas boiler/fire. Bought two Safefill bottles. Deposit on a caravan. Taxed and Insured one of the cars, and are opening another branch of the Bank of Parenthood.

I am now saving up for a tin of soup.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well yet again fate conspires against us. We have just been informed we get the new caravan last week in September, when we should be at Woosiefest. Sadly, we are going to have to bow out this time. and hope to get to the next one in spring.

Any other time I would have said fine, deliver it in October, but we are also away in October for three weeks and are committed to taking our grandson, so its one we cannot cancel.

Hope you have a cracking time, we are gutted that we will miss it again. especially as it was on our doorstep. If you do decide to go for a meal on the Saturday night however, we would be able to make that.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well yet again fate conspires against us. We have just been informed we get the new caravan last week in September, when we should be at Woosiefest. Sadly, we are going to have to bow out this time. and hope to get to the next one in spring.

Any other time I would have said fine, deliver it in October, but we are also away in October for three weeks and are committed to taking our grandson, so its one we cannot cancel.

Hope you have a cracking time, we are gutted that we will miss it again. especially as it was on our doorstep. If you do decide to go for a meal on the Saturday night however, we would be able to make that.
Hope things turn out eventually :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site

Just broken the bad news to my OH who has been stockpiling whisky to bring to the Fest for the Whisky appreciation event. He is more gutted. Hastily added that he will be sorry not to meet you.
mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here Mel. We will have to aim for the spring event. We werent expecting the caravan before the end of Oct or early Nov. Its caused chaos to our plans.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats a shame, But these things happen, best to get the new van, and hopefully you will not have any problems with it. Keep the Saturday free, and when its decided for the Saturday night meal I will let you know.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Never mind Thingy ,there are things we can’t change. I will miss this years Fest due to family events which cannot be missed. Even now I am up near Harrogate with the kids. Enjoy your three weeks in October 👍👍

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks DD, we always go up to Hawes in October, totally love the area and not too many shops so it reins madam in a bit :ROFLMAO:

Somebody once asked me why I hold her hand all the time. I said that if I let go, she will shop.

Reactions: Kevin M
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Never mind Thingy ,there are things we can’t change. I will miss this years Fest due to family events which cannot be missed. Even now I am up near Harrogate with the kids. Enjoy your three weeks in October 👍👍
DD you enjoy your time with the kids (y)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a heads up folk, I recieved an Email from Upper Hurst Farm, about paying the balance for my week in September, so I have paid up.

It looks like it is just 4 vans, Mel, Gray, Parksy, and Myself. Thingy has opted out due to wanting a posh brand new, caravan and why not.

I think with the covid situation, we are lucky to have the numbers that we have, as many of The Woosies booked quiet sites, and cannot attend. Or have prior commitments.
Only 4 weeks away.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hiya Woosies—just a word or two from me, (us) been a ‘rough/tough’ couple of years since we were last out in the van. Health reasons, struggling in one or two departments. Would love to come to next Woosiefest at Upper Hurst Farm. But not prepared to put my/our money up front as deposits yet, as being waiting a ‘long’ while for operation date and don’t want to risk not being available for it, or ‘throwing’ deposits away! The better Âœ thinks we have ‘finished’ caravanning (but I’m not giving in yet!) -Good luck with your ‘minifest’ if I’ve a ‘chance’ we’ll make it as a last minute booking. . (You never know?) Don't like giving in. (PS what dates is it?)

Reactions: Gagakev and Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hiya Woosies—just a word or two from me, (us) been a ‘rough/tough’ couple of years since we were last out in the van. Health reasons, struggling in one or two departments. Would love to come to next Woosiefest at Upper Hurst Farm. But not prepared to put my/our money up front as deposits yet, as being waiting a ‘long’ while for operation date and don’t want to risk not being available for it, or ‘throwing’ deposits away! The better Âœ thinks we have ‘finished’ caravanning (but I’m not giving in yet!) -Good luck with your ‘minifest’ if I’ve a ‘chance’ we’ll make it as a last minute booking. . (You never know?) Don't like giving in. (PS what dates is it?)
Hi Woosiefest Upper Hurst Farm Date Friday 24th -- Sunday 26th September :)

TRENDING THREADS