Woosie Club

Page 317 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Isn't the PCR test for if you have symptoms? I don't have any symptoms at all, but do not know if jabs are some effect. It is the antibodies that are of a concern. I have an appointment with the doctor next week so will ask the question as never thought of it. Thanks.

Whilst I don’t have any blood tests required I have just been informed by our health center that because of the National shortage of blood test bottles routine and non urgent blood tests are cancelled until further notice. So no Nando’s, no Mac Milk Shakes no KFC now no blood tests. Perhaps caravanners could start to haul freight in their outfits.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I hoping to see you on the Sunday 26th Sept after i been to see my brother :)
BB, at the moment, it might be prudent not to turn up on the Sunday as the rise in Covid infections are rising, let us see how thins go, we might not have a, meal on the Saturday, or a JT, on the Sunday, also others on site might get a bit miffed, about visitors and as the few of us that are there are vulnerable, lets see what happens.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB, at the moment, it might be prudent not to turn up on the Sunday as the rise in Covid infections are rising, let us see how thins go, we might not have a, meal on the Saturday, or a JT, on the Sunday, also others on site might get a bit miffed, about visitors and as the few of us that are there are vulnerable, lets see what happens.
Hi Hutch still got to drive to see my brother in Macclesfield he had a nasty fall recently and to have further tests (see you another time)

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to hear that your two Covid vaccinations haven’t led to antibody protection. I got me wondering how many other vaccines that we assume will work do not generate antibodies, or sufficient antibodies to give protection. We happily take our flu jab, shingles and pneumonia as well as our childhood and overseas travel jabs. Yet it’s only Covid where there’s the ability to test for antibodies in a more routine manner. The only other time I was aware if antibody testing was when one of our dogs had minimal response to her rabies jab. But when she had a second jab her antibodies went sky high.
Anyway hope you can get it sorted out.
Clive. I am in an odd group, kidney transplant patient which means my immune system is artificially suppressed to prevent rejection. The way the vaccines work is they trick a normal immune system to develop antibodies so right off in people like me vaccines either don't work or develop poor antibody responses. Most "normal" people are different! Grey

Reactions: otherclive

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
You might be surprised by how many people take immuno-suppressants. Auto immune conditions are on the increase. I take them because of Infamy (apologies to Carry on Films but “Infamy, Infamy, my immune system has it in for me “). I doubt that I am as immune suppressed as a transplant recipient though.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You might be surprised by how many people take immuno-suppressants. Auto immune conditions are on the increase. I take them because of Infamy (apologies to Carry on Films but “Infamy, Infamy, my immune system has it in for me “). I doubt that I am as immune suppressed as a transplant recipient though.
mel
Rheumatoid arthritis also requires immune suppressant drugs and more and more people are suffering from RA.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Daughter is the same as Mel. At 42 she is double vaccinated but still caught Covid four weeks ago . No worse symptoms than an ordinary cold. So imo the vaccine has reduced the severity.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
One of the problems being found with the vaccine is the spead at which it loses its efficacy. I was reading last week that 5-6 months after the second jab it lost about 15%.

I cannot find the article I read, but it was from BMJ, however, here is another telling the same story.
Pfizer's CEO says Covid vaccine effectiveness drops to 84% after six months (cnbc.com)
A recent study by Oxford University estimates that up to 50% of those double vaccinated can be carrying the virus, but unaffected. But they are able to still transmit it. Fortunately if it’s transmitted to someone who has been vaccinated but is still receptive and catches it the effects aren’t as severe. But that may not be the case for people with specific medical conditions. It’s a funny little bug.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2074

Reactions: Grey13
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Pleased to see most people in Tesco wore masks yesterday. Deffo a funny little bug Clive. Like the flu it seems to mutate with great regularity. That seems to be the reason for the protection drop off. Hence the proposed boosters.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Last night on the news 240 deaths and over 35,000 new infections in the previous 24 hours!
The bug is still with us and the number of new infections is increasing daily since restrictions were removed. We still wear masks when entering a store however it has fallen by the wayside with most pubs or restaurants.

Reactions: Grey13
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife been to Asda this morning and the amount of people wearing a mask she was very surprise but saying that we always where ours I be glad when we get the proposed boosters :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Pleased to see most people in Tesco wore masks yesterday. Deffo a funny little bug Clive. Like the flu it seems to mutate with great regularity. That seems to be the reason for the protection drop off. Hence the proposed boosters.
At the moment HMG are keeping quite on a policy for boosters other than possibly the over 80s and those with specific medical conditions. Still I’ve got the flu jab to look forward to in three weeks.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At the moment HMG are keeping quite on a policy for boosters other than possibly the over 80s and those with specific medical conditions. Still I’ve got the flu jab to look forward to in three weeks.
Snap, 19 Oct at local Boots For the flu jab. Nothing said yet about the C19 booster. Not worried after my daughters first hand experience. In fact catching the mild dose she had may prove beneficial in building up the body’s own immune system. One less prick, in the arm😉😉

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Snap, 19 Oct at local Boots For the flu jab. Nothing said yet about the C19 booster. Not worried after my daughters first hand experience. In fact catching the mild dose she had may prove beneficial in building up the body’s own immune system. One less prick, in the arm😉😉
I think I agree your philosophy re exposure to others. How on Earth though did you avoid the asterisk algorithm. Top marks for that. You must have been **** a hoop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts