Woosie Club

Page 318 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
OK, For obvious reasons we have cancelled our attendance at "Upper Hurst Farm" Simply still far too risky for me and Von, especially any indoor "pub" visits which form an important part of the occasion! This whole CV thing is terribly stressful for me and others like me but I take solace by remembering the proverb "I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet"
Guess being alive and relatively healthy but some sort of shielding is not the end of the world!
Have fun peeps!

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
OK, For obvious reasons we have cancelled our attendance at "Upper Hurst Farm" Simply still far too risky for me and Von, especially any indoor "pub" visits which form an important part of the occasion! This whole CV thing is terribly stressful for me and others like me but I take solace by remembering the proverb "I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet"
Guess being alive and relatively healthy but some sort of shielding is not the end of the world!
Have fun peeps!
Sad Grey but We all understand your predicament. In fact due to health reasons and hospitals a lot of us will be absent this year. A great shame but even more reason for all of us to improve and look forward to next years Woosiefest where ever it may be. Look after yourself and Von
. Best DD

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes fully understand, This will be our first outing this year due to doctors appointments and other stuff, let us hope we can all get together next year. Stay safe.
A and E.

Reactions: Grey13

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry you won't be with us this time Grey, but your caution is understandable.
Im guessing you guys are thinking the Saturday night meal isnt a good idea?
We've been going out for food in pubs since restrictions were lifted Thingy.
We don't cough, sneeze or spit over people or lean all over them when we're out, so there comes a point where normal life has to go on.
I'm happy to go along with what the remaining few want to do, but one way or another Herself and me will be eating out.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

We don't cough, sneeze or spit over people or lean all over them when we're out, so there comes a point where normal life has to go on.
I'm happy to go along with what the remaining few want to do, but one way or another Herself and me will be eating out.
It is not you that spreads the virus, it is the others that are selfish and do not care. We avoid pubs that are popular and crowded however got caught out last week.
Pub was on River Severn Bank, nice, quiet and then started filling with people quickly at about 1.30pm. Should have known as food was excellent and everything reasonably priced. However we will be going back, but not on a Bank holiday weekend.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It is not you that spreads the virus, it is the others that are selfish and do not care. We avoid pubs that are popular and crowded however got caught out last week.
Pub was on River Severn Bank, nice, quiet and then started filling with people quickly at about 1.30pm. Should have known as food was excellent and everything reasonably priced. However we will be going back, but not on a Bank holiday weekend.
The two country pubs that our granddaughter works at are both back to their normal table arrangements and she says weekends are particularly busy. Staff are wearing masks. But few of the customers of any age group are wearing them. She’s happy with the tips though last Saturday just short of £60 and this is not a large country pub either. It was a lunchtime through evening shift.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Myself and Elaine are happy to go for a Saturday meal, If Thingy your happy to join us . Mel and Roger will let us know. .

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Bank Holidays are always, crowded, Two weeks ago we went down to Windsor, to see the Guards being changed, Stupid of us, but went for a meal at the Boatman pub. Outside plenty of space, so we were happy there. Except for the bill. But it was excellent and in Windsor,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sitting here in our Hottub, 37 c, watching the stars, I suppose last glass of wine then bed time, I wonder what the rich people are doing.
Gòod night all safe caravanning.

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

We went out on my wife birthday for a meal at a pub and our son and two granddaughters came it was great to catch up

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im absolutely fuming. Having been told to expect the new caravan in the last week of September, we cancelled our woosie booking. Now i hear there is not chance before first week December, That I can live with, we were in no rush, but there never was a chance of it beinbg September, which means we have cancelled for no good reason.

I do wish that people who arent in posession of the full facts would learn to shut the hell up.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Im absolutely fuming. Having been told to expect the new caravan in the last week of September, we cancelled our woosie booking. Now i hear there is not chance before first week December, That I can live with, we were in no rush, but there never was a chance of it beinbg September, which means we have cancelled for no good reason.

I do wish that people who arent in posession of the full facts would learn to shut the hell up.
They wanted your trade in ASAP to make a killing?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Not good at all !!! Would rather you were getting your new van, but has your Swift already gone in as a trade in, or can you do a last minute booking for the Woosiefest?Would still love to meet you.
Mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Blimey, wouldnt let our caravan go until the new one was here, it would take a special kind of idiot to agree to that.

The week we should have been at Hurst Farm has now been taken up with service in the heating, burglar alarm and cctv. Three separate days.

I am blazing angry with the dealer, and if it hadnt been for a special compensation deal that I cant beat elsewhere I would have cancelled in anger.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Save me scrolling back. What day are you all arriving at Upper Hurst Farm? We are booked from Weds.
Looking forward to it
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We arrive on Thursday 23rd, and depart the following thursday.
Lets hope the weather holds for us. First time out since, Waterrow. Hopefully might get to get there on the 10th of October as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts