Woosie Club

Page 316 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I paid the balance today. Had trouble with the online system but spoke to the lovely and helpful Amy who explained that there was a glitch due to a change of systems and the new one required a billing address that the old one didn’t. Paid up by phone. Looking forward to meeting as many as can make an appearance in whatever way.
Mel

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I paid up when we booked, so we're looking forward to seeing those who go on what will probably be our last caravan trip for this year. 😊

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Pete, sorry to hear that some health issues have hindered your love of being away in the caravan, I hope you and J can get out and about again soon.

Regrettably other commitments coincided with the Fest, wish we could have been there, perhaps the Spring meet will see many more of us together.

Be nice to say goodbye to our departing King and to welcome or new King of the Woosies.

Lets look foward to the new King arranging meet-ups to offset all those interuptions that the pandemic brought our way.

Have a great time all.

The retiring King will no doubt send us photographs of the get-to-gether.

Enjoy :beercheers::cocktail::bread::cherries:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Pete and Jean,
You two are the stalwarts of the Woosie geography riddles and quiz. Your cryptic clues have brought great fun and brain searching for the answers over the Fest duration. Sadly hospitals and operations have messed things up for a lot of us the last 20 months. If the knee gets replaced in October I will be out early next year, like March. Looking to a Spring Woosiefest I for one am happy to look for a location easy for you two. If need be I can help tug you and set up etc if it helps.

Reactions: Anseo
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully Pete and J , you could make it at the last minute.
We can all help with setting up, would hate to miss your sense of humour.
I think the hand over of The Throne will be at the spring fest when a few more of us can get together, and it could be more like the Normal Woosie fests.
Chatter, / Maggie, it would be nice to see you there, the Covid situation has changed things, let us hope it will calm down during the winter.
Looking forward to seeing friends at Upper Hurst.
We are there from 23 September until the 30th.
Even the weekend would be good. If not to far for anyone.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hiya Woosies—just a word or two from me, (us) been a ‘rough/tough’ couple of years since we were last out in the van. Health reasons, struggling in one or two departments. Would love to come to next Woosiefest at Upper Hurst Farm. But not prepared to put my/our money up front as deposits yet, as being waiting a ‘long’ while for operation date and don’t want to risk not being available for it, or ‘throwing’ deposits away! The better ½ thinks we have ‘finished’ caravanning (but I’m not giving in yet!) -Good luck with your ‘minifest’ if I’ve a ‘chance’ we’ll make it as a last minute booking. . (You never know?) Don't like giving in. (PS what dates is it?)
I'm sorry to learn about your health issues Pete, and we all hope that you can make it to join us at Upper Hurst Farm.
You can't keep a good man down, so if you come along I'll let you have a go on my mobility chariot 😁

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Not sure I can come (would love to) but although most are clear covid wise, although I have had both jabs, test reveal ABSOLUTLY no antibodies due to immune suppression. For us there can be no pub visit etc so I will let you know as son as I get my head round this whole mess!

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I paid the balance today. Had trouble with the online system but spoke to the lovely and helpful Amy who explained that there was a glitch due to a change of systems and the new one required a billing address that the old one didn’t. Paid up by phone. Looking forward to meeting as many as can make an appearance in whatever way.
Mel
I hoping to see you on the Sunday 26th Sept after i been to see my brother :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Not sure I can come (would love to) but although most are clear covid wise, although I have had both jabs, test reveal ABSOLUTLY no antibodies due to immune suppression. For us there can be no pub visit etc so I will let you know as son as I get my head round this whole mess!
Your safety is of a greater importance than anything else, I am sure a lot of people are of a similar mind, If you cannot make it this time there is always next year hopefully.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hiya Woosies—just a word or two from me, (us) been a ‘rough/tough’ couple of years since we were last out in the van. Health reasons, struggling in one or two departments. Would love to come to next Woosiefest at Upper Hurst Farm. But not prepared to put my/our money up front as deposits yet, as being waiting a ‘long’ while for operation date and don’t want to risk not being available for it, or ‘throwing’ deposits away! The better ½ thinks we have ‘finished’ caravanning (but I’m not giving in yet!) -Good luck with your ‘minifest’ if I’ve a ‘chance’ we’ll make it as a last minute booking. . (You never know?) Don't like giving in. (PS what dates is it?)
Pete sorry to hear about your health issues i hope you get well soon :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Grey,
Best be on the safe side. Covid is still out there. My daughter, double jabbed has just recovered from Covid caught two weeks ago. Not very ill but lost senses of taste and smell. Let’s hope the docs sort this for you. Take care mate.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that your two Covid vaccinations haven’t led to antibody protection. I got me wondering how many other vaccines that we assume will work do not generate antibodies, or sufficient antibodies to give protection. We happily take our flu jab, shingles and pneumonia as well as our childhood and overseas travel jabs. Yet it’s only Covid where there’s the ability to test for antibodies in a more routine manner. The only other time I was aware if antibody testing was when one of our dogs had minimal response to her rabies jab. But when she had a second jab her antibodies went sky high.
Anyway hope you can get it sorted out.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hmm. I have had both jabs. I wonder if I have the same issue due to medication taken to suppress immune system. What test is it that you need to do to find out about antibodies?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hmm. I have had both jabs. I wonder if I have the same issue due to medication taken to suppress immune system. What test is it that you need to do to find out about antibodies?
If you test PCR positive you can get a free antibody test it’s a recent policy change. But otherwise your GP/ consultant could request one if he/she feels it warranted.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Grey I hope you make a full recovery :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you test PCR positive you can get a free antibody test it’s a recent policy change. But otherwise your GP/ consultant could request one if he/she feels it warranted.
Isn't the PCR test for if you have symptoms? I don't have any symptoms at all, but do not know if jabs are some effect. It is the antibodies that are of a concern. I have an appointment with the doctor next week so will ask the question as never thought of it. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts