Woosie Club

Page 321 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I go to bed what is late for me 11.15pm, but if I fall asleep by 12am I am lucky. I seldom sleep for longer than 2 hours before waking up. Then takes a while to go back to sleep. Broken sleep is probably worse than have no sleep in a 24 hour period. Don't like taking medication to sleep as makes me feel terrible the next day.
Funny enough when going out in the caravan I seem to sleep better at night. Probably because we are out and about during the day doing things?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I always slept better in the caravans than I do at home, despite their beds/bunks not being as comfy as the bed at home. Mind you we did tend to sleep at separate ends of the van, and dogs don’t snore or keep rolling about and snatching the covers.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......now on the CMHC club site at Burrs Country Park Bury for the week.
Surprised that it is 70% full with many of the empty pitches reserved for a rally arriving Monday.
Lots of motorhomes though.....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
.......now on the CMHC club site at Burrs Country Park Bury for the week.
Surprised that it is 70% full with many of the empty pitches reserved for a rally arriving Monday.
Lots of motorhomes though.....
Keeping those wheels turning Gaffa, good on you, hope you both enjoy yourselves, say Hello to Belinda for me and Mags.

Reactions: Gafferbill
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I go to bed what is late for me 11.15pm, but if I fall asleep by 12am I am lucky. I seldom sleep for longer than 2 hours before waking up. Then takes a while to go back to sleep. Broken sleep is probably worse than have no sleep in a 24 hour period. Don't like taking medication to sleep as makes me feel terrible the next day.
Funny enough when going out in the caravan I seem to sleep better at night. Probably because we are out and about during the day doing things?
i am always a early riser in the caravan

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking to book a return trip to Gloucestershire area in November 2022

Latest update might have to return down South the year after something come up

All breaks booked for next season we are happy bunnies in our household

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would have thought with a restaurants and a choice of two and only a 3 mins walk I be be getting a drink there if wanted
Most restaurants will not let dogs in, unfortunatly. For all of the Woosiefests a nearby pub has been a requisite. Come along to a fest and see.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We saw the reviews on Uk Campsite on Northwood caravan park and spoke to them about my requirements and they were very helpful in this matter

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Most restaurants will not let dogs in, unfortunatly. For all of the Woosiefests a nearby pub has been a requisite. Come along to a fest and see.
Hi Hutch did not know you wanted a Pub to take dogs in normally when go to them we leave our pets in the car with the windows slightly open .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Wilson house holiday park / Tranquil Park it has a guest lounge with a bar this might be suitable for a Woosiefest

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Hutch did not know you wanted a Pub to take dogs in normally when go to them we leave our pets in the car with the windows slightly open .
What do you do with them if it is a hot day? We leave ours in the caravan as a lot cooler and they have access to water and food.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have booked the c and cc site at Devises for the end of January. There are fully serviced pitches there. When sussing it out on you tube there is a site next door which is in the grounds of a pub. The pitches were grass with ehu though I think. However the pub must be very close. If only I had a memory instead of Google, I could tell you what it is called now. Something to do with Magpies? ( I may have confabulated).
Will post again when I find it.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts