Woosie Club

Page 322 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Flipping ‘eck there is a brain cell still firing somewhere. The pub is the 3 Magpies and it is close by. I know no more.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Flipping ‘eck there is a brain cell still firing somewhere. The pub is the 3 Magpies and it is close by. I know no more.
Mel
If it’s the one near Seend ccc site it’s good, and the Barge Inn again a walk along the Kennet and Avon is also good. Both about 8 miles from us

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We have booked the c and cc site at Devises for the end of January. There are fully serviced pitches there. When sussing it out on you tube there is a site next door which is in the grounds of a pub. The pitches were grass with ehu though I think. However the pub must be very close. If only I had a memory instead of Google, I could tell you what it is called now. Something to do with Magpies? ( I may have confabulated).
Will post again when I find it.
Mel

We were there a week or so ago. I can recommend the club site. We could not use the pub due to illness but it is a very short walk. We only had a standard hardstanding pitch. The grass to the side was too wet for the car so had to squeeze it next to the van. I did not spot the fully serviced pitches, they may well be bigger. Otherwise all was good, wardens friendly.

John

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It is a great site, used it after The New year. - j cloughie used it recently for a disasterers trip. But said the site is good. Magpies pub great.,
Feeling that could be the spring Woosie fest.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Mel......good walk from campsite along the canal tow path up hill towards Devizes.
Up hill because you'll be walking pass Caen Hill Locks....a marvel of engineering.
Rewarded by a good pub near the top....the Black Horse.
Wadworth brewery in Divizes....spoilt for choice. ;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel......good walk from campsite along the canal tow path up hill towards Devizes.
Up hill because you'll be walking pass Caen Hill Locks....a marvel of engineering.
Rewarded by a good pub near the top....the Black Horse.
Wadworth brewery in Divizes....spoilt for choice. ;)

Quicker to walk up, we did it in a canal boat, think it was over 4 hours to go up and just over 3 hours on the way back going down.
Moored up beside the Black Horse and can confirm you have good taste Gaffa. Didn't know about the brewery at the top as well though:cry:

Reactions: Mel
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Quicker to walk up, we did it in a canal boat, think it was over 4 hours to go up and just over 3 hours on the way back going down.
Moored up beside the Black Horse and can confirm you have good taste Gaffa. Didn't know about the brewery at the top as well though:cry:
Better be quick brewery is moving to a more modern brewery on the outskirts. Reflects the need to brew beers for varied tastes. Horses will still be used.

Reactions: Gagakev
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On some caravan sites we were on you are not allowed to leave dogs in a caravan
We ignore that stipulation and have never had a problem even when we have gone to reception, given them our mobile number and explained why we need to leave the dogs in the caravan. Never had a "no". :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We ignore that stipulation and have never had a problem even when we have gone to reception, given them our mobile number and explained why we need to leave the dogs in the caravan. Never had a "no". :)
Still does not give you the right to leave them in the caravan i have read the rules on the sites we have visited do not leave dogs in caravans .we take ours every where we go

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well folks another Year has Past, so just to wish All Woosies, and everyone else a very Merry Christmas and hopefully a Happy New Year.
stay safe and Hopefully see folk,in the Spring for a Woosie fest.
Alistair, Elaine and Harry the dog.

f08e44b98538abcead87d39169ecb1d2.gif
data%3A

data%3A

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OK Woosies, assuming that we have made it through the pandemic, various storms, the onset of decrepitude, general bewilderment, and a probable war in the Ukraine; are we up for a Woosiefest this Spring/summer/autumn?

With the permission of our long serving King of course, can I humbly suggest a committee is convened to wrestle with the knotty issues of when and where.

Your thoughts Please.
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel, I think this would be a good idea to have a " Round Table" of the regulars, who are willing to travel to a Woosie fest.
As we all know, if its in the South, as I tried to do for the Waterrow fest, some could not attend due to other commitments, and when we went to South Farm, some could not attend due to different reasons.

The problems of finding a site with with the requirements for all is a pain in the bum. ie. FSP, dog and child friendly, pub nearby that we can get a table for all, and of course timing, some wanted School holidays or Bank holidays .

I will welcome a "Round Table Council" so that we can choose a site and time. Whats the thought fellow Woosies.

Reactions: Dustydog and Mel
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Morning Mel and Woosies,

I will get my knee replacement on the 28 th March. This means I will not be caravanning for a few months. However I am very happy to join a Round Table discussion group and investigate suitable sites and dates for forthcoming Fests. Terri and I will be at South Meadow Belford Northumberland mid two weeks of next month.

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I liked the original format of an annual King/Queen and Sirs who had to be proposed and seconded with the King in charge of organisation for a year.
Hutch has held the title for almost 3 years now due to events!!
Perhaps a committee is the way to go now and be open to all attendees from the forum.
Happy to help in any way but already have whole of September booked for a trip to France.
Springfest would be good :)

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
its a lovely idea. As you know I am still bound by school holidays as well as doing a Foundation Degree, living in the South West etc, but am always willing to try. So far this year we have several excursions booked already. We are even heading all the way to deepest Suffolk for Easter! Not to mention foreign climes sans 'van in July/August. Just keep us posted, and best of British...

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I liked the original format of an annual King/Queen and Sirs who had to be proposed and seconded with the King in charge of organisation for a year.
Hutch has held the title for almost 3 years now due to events!!
Perhaps a committee is the way to go now and be open to all attendees from the forum.
Happy to help in any way but already have whole of September booked for a trip to France.
Springfest would be good :)
i would be very interested where you are going in France in September keep us updated (y)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel, you have to remember the ""First Spring Fest" happened when Bill and Belinda, mentioned that they would go to Wallinford. Which was great, the second Spring fest was In Ingleton, a good turn up with folk. .

The idea of a "RoundTable" is a good idea, , the Knights and Dames can chose if the want a spring one, I shall hand over to the new King or Queen later in the year. Depending on their attendence.

Reactions: crazyguider1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts