Woosie Club

Page 324 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I am sorry Dusty Dog, although this mishap does deserve for you another, BAR, there are a few noticable problems, you don't have a"small" puncture, it's a puncture, maybe slow or maybe fast. You know how the jack got left behind, you just threw everything into the back of your car, and did not do a walk around before setting off.
I will take sympathy on you as you were probably still in shock from filling up the Towrag. Once you have, BAR, ( Bought A Round ) you can add it to you Scroll of Honours.
As generous as ever my Lord. I will humbly BAR at your next hostelry if you will be kind enough to give my Towrag a wipe down with your leather.
Small puncture was amazing. It hardly showed up in the tyre guys massive bucket, 4 foot in diameter. No nail , just a small prick thing , something you have knowledge on I believe😜😜. So your Woosieness I am as ever greatly indebted to the long standing reign you have indulged in over all our lockdowns, even though I don’t think you missed out on your regular imbibements and libations 🥃🍷🥃🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Haha
Reactions: Gagakev and Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
OMG 🙃Your Royal Woosieness I have to confess dropping one big brick, I had a small puncture at Berwick upon Tweed . All fixed in 25 minutes. I had to empty the boot including my special ex Kia Sorento 3 phase bottle jack. I don’t know how but it got left behind😢😢Managed to find a replacement from a breakers on eBay. Now £40 lighter🤬 Do I get another bar for that perpendicular pronoun😜😜

DD are you saying you had a bottle jack for the Sorento ?
I have one of those silly scissor jack things in my Sorento :disrelieved:

Edit: congrats on your 3rd bar..........................when you get it 😂

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev.
the mk 1 Sorentos had a 3 cylinder telescopic bottle Jack. Over engineered and so easy to use. By chance it fits the jacking brackets on the Wyoming and lifts it quickly with ease. So yes I have a new used one arriving Friday. Silly boy leaving it behind😥

Reactions: Gagakev

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have booked a stay in Watterrow in May, based on previous Woosie recommendation. Any advice, prticular on local food and drink or interesting places to go.
mel

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Good choice Mel.
A few hundred yards down the road is The Rock Inn. Two years ago I can honestly say we had some of the best fine dining at reasonable prices in a long time . The then Landlady ,Ruth, was excellent. You will see from Trip Advisor some had a run in with her but we didn’t , quite the opposite. You are well placed to visit lots of West Somerset and North Devon. You will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Mel
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have booked a stay in Watterrow in May, based on previous Woosie recommendation. Any advice, prticular on local food and drink or interesting places to go.
mel
The adjacent pub was nice when we visited three or so years back. Don’t know how it is now. Trip Advisor?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
mel

......went to Tarr Steps an ancient clapper bridge over the river Barle.
There are walks, car park with toilets and a very nice pub......

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mel, The Rock Inn was fantastic, food excellent,very dog friendly, but to walk to it is bad, due to no footpath. But, a positive is that the bus, has a request stop, for the caravan site. Stops right outside the caravan site, to go to the Rock, or to go the other way into Dulverton, 1/2 hour, dogs accepted.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........a caravanning first for me!!

Caravanning with a temperature range from -1C at night to 24C daytime outside temperatures.
Caravan kept toasty warm at night with electric heating
......windows and roof vents wide open to keep cool during the day.
This commercial site is a bargain this week @ £20/night
.......it's £35/night in high season.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
........a caravanning first for me!!

Caravanning with a temperature range from -1C at night to 24C daytime outside temperatures.
Caravan kept toasty warm at night with electric heating
......windows and roof vents wide open to keep cool during the day.
This commercial site is a bargain this week @ £20/night
.......it's £35/night in high season.
Hi Bill sounds like you having a fantastic time and the site price is great enjoy

Reactions: Gafferbill
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well 'Woosies' finally made the decision -- we have sadly decided to 'retire' from caravanning. Haven't been out with van for 2 & 1/2 years, Covid lockdown + ill health. After 45 years 'vanning' had to give up. Told daughter this am she/they can have the van. Hope to stay in touch with you Woosies and keep my eye on you.! Enjoy your caravan while you can, nothing is forever!

• Sad
Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well 'Woosies' finally made the decision -- we have sadly decided to 'retire' from caravanning. Haven't been out with van for 2 & 1/2 years, Covid lockdown + ill health. After 45 years 'vanning' had to give up. Told daughter this am she/they can have the van. Hope to stay in touch with you Woosies and keep my eye on you.! Enjoy your caravan while you can, nothing is forever!
A very sad day for you and Jean , Pete. Clearly not a decision you have taken lightly. You two have been major players in making the Woosies so much fun and clearly your technical input on calibrations with Sproket are second to none. I think we are metric now 😉😉😜
Terri and I wish you both the very best for the future. Maybe a motor home rental now and then? Please keep in touch with us all. You are still on my Lock down list!
DD🍺🍺

Reactions: Gabsgrandad

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Carole and myself are really sorry to learn that health issues have caused you and Jean to give up touring Pete.
If we are in Lincolnshire sometime with the caravan you're always welcome to drop in to say hello. 🍺🍷
Please stay in touch with your friends on this forum.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh What a shame, you have lasted out very well , but maybe your choice will help health wise, whenever we are in that area, we will get in touch.
Or if you are down our way to see Betchley Park, or even the three pubs in our village, we have lots of room for you both.
You have our number. ☺🍻

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So sorry to hear this news Pete. You were the first of the Woosies that we met in person: mainly because your toaster was tripping our shared electric hook up at Stowford 😀.
I am sure that you find other ways to enjoy holidays and make many more happy memories. You have now passed the Caravanning baton onto your daughter, and that is brilliant.
Do stay in touch on the forum, all that Caravan knowledge and experience should not go to waste.
All the very best with your new endeavours.
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok fellow Woosies, with all the emails I will sort out when we can have the Woosie fest, looks like the first, or second week in October, , then we will have to decide where.
I will reread the emails and tell us all the favoured dates. After that the area and then the sites. .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So sad and sorry to hear this Pete, but one thing is for sure it will come to us all eventually. Must have been a hard decision for you and Jean after all those years, one I'm not looking forward to.
Both of you take care, we will miss you at the fest's but try and pop along perhaps.

Now there's an idea King Hutch, next fest around the Leicester area???

Oh Pete, one more thing to say, please dont leave us all alone on this forum, your humor is second to none, and I still have the avatar you made me, Thank you, and stay safe. Love to Jean.
Kev & Mags

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear your news, but you know what is right for you and Jean.

Like Mel, you were the first Woosie I met in person, both you and Jean were always a pleasure to be with.

Good luck for the future, you will be missed by all.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to see you are going to have to stop caravanning after so may wonderful years, memories cannot be taken away. The good thing is you can pass on your van to the next generation who will then begin the cycle again. Look upon this as your next chapter in your story of having adventures in another way and hopefully enjoy as much as the previous one. Happy times.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dusty Dog, wish you the best for the Knee jobs tomorrow. Maybe in aweek or two we will go to The Thames Head, and meet up for a pint.
A&E., and Harry.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS