Woosie Club

Page 326 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Woosies, I have spoken to the Woosie scribe, DD, how to we all feel about The Black Bull near Pickering, for the second weekend of October. 8th and 9th being the Saturday and Sunday.
They have FSP @£30 pn. Or Standard Hardstanding pitchs, £27. Where ever we go We will be doing a weeks stay.

If anyone has any other suggestions lets hear them please.

The website mentions the Pickering 1940s weekend but looking at the website this ha been cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It's starting to look good for the Black Bull, the Majority count will win the site, then after this week we can contact them and make sure they have enough pitches.
The face book page for the 1940s weekend seem to state that lots of folk will still turn up, But in 1940S dress rathar than uniforms.
Looks good.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB, we are all the same, but you book well ahead anyway, 😉
That’s true BB.
Did you enjoy your Whitby trip in February?. I see you have a lot of future bookings . Hope they all go well. Like Mel says we have to plan differently now we are retired.Very good advice 👏👏

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That’s true BB.
Did you enjoy your Whitby trip in February?. I see you have a lot of future bookings . Hope they all go well. Like Mel says we have to plan differently now we are retired.Very good advice 👏👏
DD My wife enjoyed our anniversary and valentine got her some flowers, Chocolates and a teddy bear and had a meal out to celebrate .

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The Black Bull was a great venue and excellent value. We all know there is a lot to see and do. Steam train to Whitby🐟&chips.
Gets our vote👏👏👏
We also love Whitby been going there every year at my brother second home in Sleights and Trenchers Fish & Chips are great

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We also love Whitby been going there every year at my brother second home in Sleights and Trenchers Fish & Chips are great
We visited Whitby for the day when we stayed at Hutton le Hole CL last year. Parked up near the abbey and then after exploring the abbey and top we wandered down into the town. Like you we had fish and chips and sat eating them by the harbour side. Paid by Klarna. 😱Then came the hard bit. Trogging back up the steep road adjacent to the abbey. My wife declined so I had to come back into town and pick her up with the car. All I can say is that pall bearers must have been very fit.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We visited Whitby for the day when we stayed at Hutton le Hole CL last year. Parked up near the abbey and then after exploring the abbey and top we wandered down into the town. Like you we had fish and chips and sat eating them by the harbour side. Paid by Klarna. 😱Then came the hard bit. Trogging back up the steep road adjacent to the abbey. My wife declined so I had to come back into town and pick her up with the car. All I can say is that pall bearers must have been very fit.
What makes you think there were bodies in the coffins.? This is Bram Stoker Country 💀

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve sharpened my quill, replenished the ink well, tried to engage the brain and commence my Scribe activities l
This Year’s Woosiefest Will take place

Saturday 8th and Sunday 9 th October 2022
At The Black Bull Inn Caravan Park Pickering North Yorkshire.
FSP now available👍👍

Plenty of imbibement ,gastronomic gluttony, beer tasting, fine wines and Malts not forgetting the legendary Woosie Jacobs Table. The 2022 Woosiefest👏👏

I need to ascertain the number of attendees and then book a piece of the Black Bull Restaurant for our Woosiefest sit down Evening meal.

I anticipate most of us will stay for at least a week. If we all book FSPs we will be close for our out door group activities.

Please add your names to the attendees list

Dusty and Terri
Hutch and Lainey
John and Pressie
Steve and Carole

Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Dust Dog, I am busy today but will get in touch with you later, and will get in touch with the Black bull to make sure there are pitchs availabe for us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh Yes! Oh Yes!
By Order of Sir Were Rabbit aka His Most Royal Woosieness, King of The Woosies.
L et it be known that with effect from the rise of the yellow thing in the sky today Damian the Moderator has been awarded the most coveted Title of
Honorary Professor of Caravanology and Woosie Round Table.
This Award is in recognition of many years service and technical advice on all complex caravan issues.
The Title will now feature on all Damian’s future Posts on Practical Caravan Magazine👏👏👏👏👏

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Damian, for your inputs to the Forum, you will be missed by some, I have crossed Swords with yourself, but your desicisions have always been fair.

It is wonderfull to have you as Knight of the Woosie Round Table. now for a Name for Damian. ?
Sir , White, Knight of The Isle, for the island that you live on. I can call that but I would like a seconder, please.

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I’ve sharpened my quill, replenished the ink well, tried to engage the brain and commence my Scribe activities l
This Year’s Woosiefest Will take place

Saturday 8th and Sunday 9 th October 2022
At The Black Bull Inn Caravan Park Pickering North Yorkshire.
FSP now available👍👍

Plenty of imbibement ,gastronomic gluttony, beer tasting, fine wines and Malts not forgetting the legendary Woosie Jacobs Table. The 2022 Woosiefest👏👏

I need to ascertain the number of attendees and then book a piece of the Black Bull Restaurant for our Woosiefest sit down Evening meal.

I anticipate most of us will stay for at least a week. If we all book FSPs we will be close for our out door group activities.

Please add your names to the attendees list

Dusty and Terri
Hutch and Lainey
John and Pressie
Steve and Carole

Please add
mel and Roger

Should we go ahead and book yet?
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OK Guys. Just went on the website to look at booking. Can’t book dates that cover the weekend? No availability. Am I doing something wrong?
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts