Woosie Club

Page 328 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have some fine Malts on the list plus a range of fine Ales from the Hopkettle Brewery Cricklade. Dark Or Light Kev, taste, hoppy malty refreshing? His IPA is very good 🍺🍺

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have some fine Malts on the list plus a range of fine Ales from the Hopkettle Brewery Cricklade. Dark Or Light Kev, taste, hoppy malty refreshing? His IPA is very good 🍺🍺
Like a nice IPA as well DD, and the palate will enjoy the darks and lights as well, hey I'm looking forward to this Fest.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OH is working out the payload to bottles ratio as we speak. Apparently it will be fine provided we take very little else. 🤭
mel

Reactions: Gagakev
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Good to see you have Roger well trained Mel. He clearly gets his priorities right🤪🥃

And our surprise Woosies who have been very busy , Sproket and Mick are now booked in Looking forward to seeing us all. Their caravan is on a seasonal but they will be using their Stealth Motorhome.
Nearer the time , if you are all in agreement we can book a Woosie meal at the Coachman Inn . It gets some excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.Maybe we can kick around a few dates between us ?

We still have spaces for anyone else who wishes to join the fun . Feel free to book👍👍

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Booking now confirmed for The Coachman Caravan site for week ending 8th & 9th October 2022.

Can I leave it to the official Woosie Scribe to update the attendees list please?

I look forward to seeing you all.

Bestest Wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Latest Woosie Attendee list

Mel & Roger
Dusty and Terri
Hutch and Lainey
John and Pressie
Steve and Carole
Kev & Mags
Steve( Sproket) and Mick

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
"God'! I wish we could join you. ---- But we have now given the caravan to our daughter , finally made the decision --- retired. Father Time has beaten us.. We'll keep an eye on yer through here. Sad, but time takes some beating. Thanks for the company and friendships we've made over the last few years. Keep 'Woosieing' for as long as you can, as we have sadly found out, it's not for ever. :anguished:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We mistakenly booked Black Bull caravan park and had to cancel.
In spite of the T&Cs, Liz at Black Bull kindly refunded our deposit as a gesture of goodwill 👏
Amelia has now confirmed our booking for Coachman Caravan Park from 3rd - 11th October.
See you there 👍

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We mistakenly booked Black Bull caravan park and had to cancel.
In spite of the T&Cs, Liz at Black Bull kindly refunded our deposit as a gesture of goodwill 👏
Amelia has now confirmed our booking for Coachman Caravan Park from 3rd - 11th October.
See you there 👍
Isnt it a refreshing change to get some decent folk still in this land of ours.
Thumbs up to the Black Bull.(y)

Parksy it's your round first :beercheers:

Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Good to see you have Roger well trained Mel. He clearly gets his priorities right🤪🥃

And our surprise Woosies who have been very busy , Sproket and Mick are now booked in Looking forward to seeing us all. Their caravan is on a seasonal but they will be using their Stealth Motorhome.
Nearer the time , if you are all in agreement we can book a Woosie meal at the Coachman Inn . It gets some excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.Maybe we can kick around a few dates between us ?

We still have spaces for anyone else who wishes to join the fun . Feel free to book👍👍

Wow, Sproket & Mick look forward to catching up with both of them again. Likewise to seeing every one else, I cant wait.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am Popping up tp York, at the end of the month, for a few days for a beer tasting session with friends, The pub in The Shambles, will be a watering hole.
Anyway I shall *** up to The Coachman and advise wether the Friday evening or Saturday for a fest Meal,and Handing over The Throne,and toilet roll. Would be best.
Who of us will have our dogs with us, myself will have Harry, Mel and Roger ? Kev and Mags? Sproket?
Just so I know, is anyone arriving on the Friday. Or leaving on the Sunday, ie for the Jacobs table.
Thanks
Hutch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Please fully test all the facilities that the Coachman Inn has to offer. Every beer, every spirit. Report back. It is a tough job, but the sacrifice is worth it.
We will probably not be bringing our dog.
We are going from Monday 3rd to Monday 10th.
Looking forward to it.
mel

• Haha
Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Please fully test all the facilities that the Coachman Inn has to offer. Every beer, every spirit. Report back. It is a tough job, but the sacrifice is worth it.
We will probably not be bringing our dog.
We are going from Monday 3rd to Monday 10th.
Looking forward to it.
mel
Thanks Mel, we will do our best, our very good friend Deb's, who we shall stay with, whos granddad had the Blacksmiths in Thornton Le Dale, which is now the tea room, . Has nothing to do with the pub across the road. Where I shall have a beer before going to Mathesions car, auctions. But there is a great caravan site near there.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We are booked in from Monday 3rd to Thursday 12th.So yes Friday is fine with us too.
Please leave some drinks for us Hutch on your visit🤪🥃🥃🍺🍺🍷🍷

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well that's it Woosies no longer a caravanner! After 45 years of 'vanning' no caravan stood outside. Daughter & son in law towed it to their place this pm. It's gone to a good home and we're certain it'll be used. The 45 year membership stickers can be replaced by 1 day ones! We'll keep an eye on you 'reprobates' through this medium however!

Reactions: Gagakev and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It is sad to see you ending your caravanning life, and probably very sad for you to see the van go, but at least it will still be "in the family".
Keep in touch Pete, all the very best to you both.
A and E.

Reactions: Gabsgrandad
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A very sad emotional day Pete. Not taken lightly we all know. But your pride and joy remains within the family 👍. I am sure they will enjoy it as much as you and Jean have.
Stick on line with the Woosies. We are still here😜

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
You will always be a Caravanner Pete, just not caravanning. Enjoy all the other leisure opportunities that come your way. Wishing you both health and happiness ( and not too many requests from Daughter to “just pop around and do a little job on the van”)
Mel

• Haha
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure your daughter and son-in-law will be asking you for advice on aspects of your caravan for years to come Pete, glad it has gone to a good home and is still in the family.

All the best Pete.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I am Popping up tp York, at the end of the month, for a few days for a beer tasting session with friends, The pub in The Shambles, will be a watering hole.
Anyway I shall *** up to The Coachman and advise wether the Friday evening or Saturday for a fest Meal,and Handing over The Throne,and toilet roll. Would be best.
Who of us will have our dogs with us, myself will have Harry, Mel and Roger ? Kev and Mags? Sproket?
Just so I know, is anyone arriving on the Friday. Or leaving on the Sunday, ie for the Jacobs table.
Thanks
Hutch.

Kingy Hutchy we are arriving Friday 7th prob mid afternoon so get me a pint ready!! and leaving Tues 11th to stay elsewhere on way back down for 3/4 nights. Site Yet to be decided.
We will probably not have Buddy (doggy woggy) with us on this occasion.

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well that's it Woosies no longer a caravanner! After 45 years of 'vanning' no caravan stood outside. Daughter & son in law towed it to their place this pm. It's gone to a good home and we're certain it'll be used. The 45 year membership stickers can be replaced by 1 day ones! We'll keep an eye on you 'reprobates' through this medium however!
All the best Pete, love to Jean, good luck in every thing you do.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So fellow Woosie's you will not believe what I am about to tell you!!

We returned yesterday from 5 nights away and we had 5 days of
SUNSHINE, yep you read it correctly actual SUNSHINE. Bit chilly at night but not a prob with the alde heating, right toasty we was.

OK a small fib, we had rain for 2 hours one night from 8.00pm to 10.00pm
sat in the awning with a beer just chatting.
Lovely site next to a pub and the Gloucester & Sharpness canal.
And OK if you are an early riser, bird song in abundance with the sheep behind us baaaaing!! Was a bit early but we were in the country side.

Oh and I have work to do on the Woosie pot, on emptying I had an internal part I salvaged, yep hand in pot!! I think it's the indicator part but not sure until I take it apart and get inside,
DD job for you if I cant fix it, you love working on my Woosie pots 😂

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts