Woosie Club

Page 329 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well that's it Woosies no longer a caravanner! After 45 years of 'vanning' no caravan stood outside. Daughter & son in law towed it to their place this pm. It's gone to a good home and we're certain it'll be used. The 45 year membership stickers can be replaced by 1 day ones! We'll keep an eye on you 'reprobates' through this medium however!
Hi Pete and jean sure you have had many happy memories of holidays in the past, sure your Daughter & son in law make new ones with your generous gift

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So fellow Woosie's you will not believe what I am about to tell you!!

We returned yesterday from 5 nights away and we had 5 days of
SUNSHINE, yep you read it correctly actual SUNSHINE. Bit chilly at night but not a prob with the alde heating, right toasty we was.

OK a small fib, we had rain for 2 hours one night from 8.00pm to 10.00pm
sat in the awning with a beer just chatting.
Lovely site next to a pub and the Gloucester & Sharpness canal.
And OK if you are an early riser, bird song in abundance with the sheep behind us baaaaing!! Was a bit early but we were in the country side.

Oh and I have work to do on the Woosie pot, on emptying I had an internal part I salvaged, yep hand in pot!! I think it's the indicator part but not sure until I take it apart and get inside,
DD job for you if I cant fix it, you love working on my Woosie pots 😂
We stayed on a CL in Arlingham not far from Slimbridge. Lovely sunshine each day and managed to squeeze in a BBQ or two! :D

Reactions: Gagakev

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Apparently the 1940s weekend which was cancelled at Pickering is now back on, but with no involvement from the North Yorkshire Moors heritage railway.
This now means that scarce car parking in Pickering will now be even scarcer, the pubs will be rammed and it will be difficult to get around the town because of the anticipated crowds.
I'm glad that our Woosiefest is taking place a few miles up the road on a site reserved for us.
Do we need to post sentries? 💂‍♂️

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Apparently the 1940s weekend which was cancelled at Pickering is now back on, but with no involvement from the North Yorkshire Moors heritage railway.
This now means that scarce car parking in Pickering will now be even scarcer, the pubs will be rammed and it will be difficult to get around the town because of the anticipated crowds.
I'm glad that our Woosiefest is taking place a few miles up the road on a site reserved for us.
Do we need to post sentries? 💂‍♂️

That is good to know Parksy, cheers.

A great place to spend a few hours on the day of the main parade, I really enjoyed the last one (only one) that I attended.

Had the 1940's weekend been annouced a few weeks ago, then I don't think we wold have secured a site for the fest.

I must try to avoid Sutton Bank this time, going up was rather interesting, don't know how I missed the warning signs.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
But surely we can still dress up😜😜.A real shame . We have enjoyed all the 40s events on the NYMR. I am sure Us Woosies will still have a rail trip to Whitby during our stay

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
But surely we can still dress up😜😜.A real shame . We have enjoyed all the 40s events on the NYMR. I am sure Us Woosies will still have a rail trip to Whitby during our stay

Would love an excuse to get a 1940s frock! Not sure that the heels wouldn’t sink on the caravan pitch though.
Train ride would be good if there is space.
Mel

Reactions: Anseo
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Whilst I was up in York for three days I went into The Coachman Inn, in Snainton, for a nice lunch. I have booked a table for 14 people, for The Friday 7th October at 7 pm, we can add more if more folk attend. A nice place, good beers and wine, just down the road is a wonderfull butchers, https://glavesbutchers.co.uk/
I bought some lovely Barnsley lamb chop to take home.
Lets hope the weather stay dry for us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Whilst I was up in York for three days I went into The Coachman Inn, in Snainton, for a nice lunch. I have booked a table for 14 people, for The Friday 7th October at 7 pm, we can add more if more folk attend. A nice place, good beers and wine, just down the road is a wonderfull butchers, https://glavesbutchers.co.uk/
Well done Hutch
I knew you would make the effort and try the beer and food on our behalf 👏A true saint😜

Reactions: Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You make such sacrifices for the Woosies Hutch.
Sampling the ale and food.....
It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it 😜

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am going back to Fat Club, starts next Tuesday. 😉
The landlady of the pub is going to send me a menu at the start of October so we can pre order our food. The steak and ale pie is fantastic, as was the Pheasent and rabbit stew.

Reactions: Dustydog
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Hope I dont fall asleep at the table after my long drive up, 339 miles!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev, I forgot, you arrived on Friday, would we all prefer the Saturday night, I can easily change the date ?
As we need Kev and Mags fully alert we are happy to go for Saturday. But I am sure we will have a few bevvies Friday too.🍺🍺
Take it easy Kev, That’s a mega run !

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
As we need Kev and Mags fully alert we are happy to go for Saturday. But I am sure we will have a few bevvies Friday too.🍺🍺
Take it easy Kev, That’s a mega run !

I'm not running ..............I'm driving DD :LOL:

Will I do it on a tank of fuel in the KIA, doubt it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts