Woosie Club

Page 331 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Several of us are doing 4 hr tows Kev has over 350 miles, thats why we started searching earlier in the year, Anseo has to come down from Kilmarnark, trying to get a place that suitable for all needs is a real pain. Its just nice to be able to get together.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
240 miles for me, say going steady an easy 5 hours or less. Plenty of great locations for an overnight on the way if it helps. If the cost of fuel today is too expensive I may hang up my hitch. At the moment compared to rental properties caravanning is still cheaper and more comfortable.
We love touring👍. A lot of us are making a week plus holiday out of it👏👏
However I appreciate everyone has a different budget and respect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
240 miles for me, say going steady an easy 5 hours or less. Plenty of great locations for an overnight on the way if it helps. If the cost of fuel today is too expensive I may hang up my hitch. At the moment compared to rental properties caravanning is still cheaper and more comfortable.
We love touring👍.
However I appreciate everyone has a different budget and respect that.
Because the dogs were getting older we decided to break our journey to North York Moors at CMHC Poolsbrook near Chesterfied and 10 minutes off of the motorway. A nice site with good accessible walks in the country park that the site sits in.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We know that the trip to Near Scarbourgh is remote for most but the concensuse for regular members agreed to the site, We just have to plan to suite all involved, some cannot make it, unfortunate, but the pub next door can do Band B , if anyone wants to meet for the Woosie meal, without a caravan.
Who will be the New Woosie, King or Queen. I am handing over ( maybe). Or will there be develusion. ???

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Is it worth doing a new topic, in General as a shout out, with all the details. There will be many on here who won’t be trailing through the Woosie Club thread.
Mel

Reactions: Dustydog and Anseo
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My Fellow Woosies, I have just sent a message to the Coachman Inn in Snainton, for a copy of their Menu, so that we can pre order the Woosie fest food.
The fest will be on Friday the 7th of October, Woosies sitting on either side of Kev and Mags will be issued with poking sticks to keep them awake after their 339 mile drive from the Buckfast Monestery.
I suppose soon we shall have to pay up and look good to the caravan site.
Looking forward to seeing folk again.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok as, befits a Woosie King, I cocked up, , my dates for the Woosie fest is the Friday 7th of October, as soon as we have erected Kev and Mags awning filled their water butts , and got Kev to the bar to buy for a beer everyone and Mags for a wine or a coffee. , I have the menu, I shall pass on to all so we can pre order, Emma says, they are happy to change at the last minute. Hopefully this will be my last mess up whilst on the throne.
But who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Great stuff Hutch. Was only thinking this morning that it is not long to the Fest now. Hopefully Kev will be so comatose from the tow that we can get two rounds out of him before he wakes up 😀. We are fully paid up and arriving on Monday 3rd, so may have sampled the Coachman’s fare in advance.
Fingers crossed for dry weather so that we can do a Jacobs table on Saturday 8th as well.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Looking forward to the Fest. I have a feeling there may also be a special whisky tasting session with Welsh , Scottish and something Kev’s Monks imbibe. Have no fear there will be ample tipples for our fine Ladies.
This has the making a very special Woosiefest. A Coronation to be celebrated. And if the Jacobs table surpasses previous efforts we are all in for a most enjoyable time👍👍

King Hutch has served us well. 👏👏

I propose he takes up a new post as our time honoured Ale , Wine and fine Spirit Taster.

I‘ll settle up with Emma next week.

Reactions: Parksy and Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Here hang on a minute, whats going on here, thought we were fellow Woosie friends
first off I'm being bashed with a poking stick
then dragged to the bar
Then I'm being robbed whilst still comatosed,
and to cap it all off I have to drink a whiskey taster!!!!
I just hope Lady Mel doesn't bring her pigeon with her.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Here hang on a minute, whats going on here, thought we were fellow Woosie friends
first off I'm being bashed with a poking stick
then dragged to the bar
Then I'm being robbed whilst still comatosed,
and to cap it all off I have to drink a whiskey taster!!!!
I just hope Lady Mel doesn't bring her pigeon with her.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Hi Kev I hope you all have a fantastic time just one thing how do know there only one pigeon might be two or three good luck with that :D

Reactions: Gagakev
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch,
Like Mel I am fullly paid up with Chiara at The Coachman site.
I was under the impression we had to pay up within a month? Any way I’m up to speed.
Hope that’s ok?
DD

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well my fellow Woosie's, sorry to be the bearer of some bad news.

We have changed our arrival date and we are going to annoy you all from the Thursday instead of the Friday
Oh and then we will annoy you even more by staying a day later as well.
We decided instead of moving on half way through we will stay for 6 nights and make the most of it.
See ya soon muckers!!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats good news Kev, we arrive on the Thursday as well, probably mid afternoon, I recon about 4 1/2 tug which includes a pee break for us and the dog.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As promised the Coachmans Menu, I cannot attach the Menu to this message so have sent it out in an Email to all.
I will get a list together later and we can let Emma have it a few days before the Friday night.
Hutch.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Woosies.......we are enjoying an extended stay in western France with the caravan.
Just celebrated my 75th birthday down here.....wondering where those years went :unsure: but aiming to enjoy the future :)
Would have liked to of made it to the Fest near Pickering in October ......hope you all have a great time at Snainton.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Woosies.......we are enjoying an extended stay in western France with the caravan.
Just celebrated my 75th birthday down here.....wondering where those years went :unsure: but aiming to enjoy the future :)
Would have liked to of made it to the Fest near Pickering in October ......hope you all have a great time at Snainton.
Hi Bill I hope you had a great birthday and have a nice break in France

Reactions: Gafferbill
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Seems you are 2 years older than me to the day? :D

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Many Happy returns. Will be sorry not to see you both at Snainton, but have a great time where you are. Hopefully catch you next year.
mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Bill for the info I sincerly hope you had a good Birthday. As the song says, We'll meet again, don't know where don't when. Probably Wallingford.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Congratulations on your 75 th 🎂🎂 Bill. Now you get a free TV Licence🤪.A shame you and Belinda will miss the Woosiefest but will raise a toast to you. 🍷🍷

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Congratulations on your 75 th 🎂🎂 Bill. Now you get a free TV Licence🤪.A shame you and Belinda will miss the Woosiefest but will raise a toast to you. 🍷🍷
Free TV licences for over-75s were abolished a few years back - unless eligible for pension credit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts