Woosie Club

Page 327 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
OK Guys. Just went on the website to look at booking. Can’t book dates that cover the weekend? No availability. Am I doing something wrong?
mel
Same problem for me Mel. I sent an email.
There was supposed to be a 1940s weekend but Hutch said it was cancelled .
Looks like back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Any ideas Alistair

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just been on the phone to The Black Bull, and they have No pitchs at all for the weekend 8th 9th October, they did say the first weekend is available , but now the Hit, groups of more than three caravans are not allowed. I mentioned we had been there as a group before but the lady was adament about it.
Any suggestions of where we go from here.
I had the same problem when we went to the site near Buxton.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have just been on the phone to The Black Bull, and they have No pitchs at all for the weekend 8th 9th October, they did say the first weekend is available , but now the Hit, groups of more than three caravans are not allowed.
Any suggestions of where we go from here.
Although we will not be attending as too far north for us, I think many sites may have a similar stipulation due to Covid and people gathering and spreading the Covid especially as winter is about to start?

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have a horrible feeling a Woosie fest might be a thing of the past.

I know of a site in Gloucestershire that may be able to accommodate up to 20 caravans? It is a CL and also has an adjoining field. Both are totally flat. Plenty of dog walks around.
All pitches are fully serviced with water and waste water hookup. It has two unisex toilets and one wash basin so you would need your own facilities.
Two pubs within easy walking distance with one almost on the banks of the river Severn. Several other pubs within easy driving distance.
There is a small unheated barn attached to the field, but we have never been in it however they said they could make room for a gathering.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I know of a site in Gloucestershire that may be able to accommodate up to 20 caravans? It is a CL and also has an adjoining field. Both are totally flat. Plenty of dog walks around.
All pitches are fully serviced with water and waste water hookup. It has two unisex toilets and one wash basin so you would need your own facilities.
Two pubs within easy walking distance with one almost on the banks of the river Severn. Several other pubs within easy driving distance.
There is a small unheated barn attached to the field, but we have never been in it however they said they could make room for a gathering.
Where is that one please, and its name

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch,
Have you looked at the two I sent you a few weeks ago? They fit the bill . I‘l have a good look this afternoon after my physio, torture .There’s a great site at Thornton Le Dale. For today shall we focus on the North Yorkshire area? Like Mel I really don’t want to go away in my own backyard .
Bill’s suggestion is still good. Been there three times .FSP, views and Woosie friendly.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel, has done a wonderfull task and has secured us a complete Site for us ,found by Dusty Dog. Weekend of 8th and 9th
Hopefully this suites us all, and closest to the original dates everyone liked. We shall book from The Thursday to Thursday.
Mel said to mention her name when booking so they know we are in the group. 11 pitches available.
Names please for Mel.
Hutch and Elaine
Mel and Roger
Alan and Terri.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel, has done a wonderfull task and has secured us a complete Site for us ,found by Dusty Dog. Weekend of 8th and 9th October.
Hopefully this suites us all, and closest to the original dates everyone liked. We shall book from The Thursday to Thursday.
Mel said to mention her name when booking so they know we are in the group. 11 pitches available.
Names please for Mel.
Hutch and Elaine
Mel and Roger
Alan and Terri.

Hutch,

Are you ok mate ?
Where did those sites come from?

Thanks to Mel’s efforts we are all booking :-

Reactions: Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel, has done a wonderfull task and has secured us a complete Site for us ,found by Dusty Dog. Weekend of 8th and 9th October.
Hutch,

Are you ok mate ?
Where did those sites come from?

Thanks to Mel’s efforts we are all booking :-

Which one is it 🤯

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I anticipate most of us will stay for at least a week. If we all book FSPs we will be close for our out door group activities.
Please add your names to the attendees list

Dusty and Terri
Hutch and Lainey
John and Pressie
Steve and Carole

Mel & Roger
Dusty and Terri
Hutch and Lainey
John and Pressie
Steve and Carole
Kev & Mags

Hope thats right so far, looking good Woosie's

Will be booking tomorrow but as I have to pay for your pensions we will book from the 7th to 10th and then we will stop off somewhere else on the way back for 3 or 4 nights, as DD says have wheels will travel.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We will also be joined by our Mystery couple who are booking today.
Just waiting for a few more to confirm .
The Woosiefest also welcomes all Forumites from PCv. Please feel free to book your place with the site.

Reactions: Mel and Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts