Woosie Club

Page 48 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Sproket said:
We are up for that as we have nothing is planned for that time of year
smiley-laughing.gif

So where are we going ?
Might aswell start by getting some dates to toss around
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

There is a half term holiday in October. If we have Woosies who want to bring children or grandchildren, it would be worth them declaring their interest. If not then avoiding the half term dates may make it cheaper, which seems to have been a consideration for some in May (although the Bank Holiday was a big factor).
We would like to join anyone going and are keeping October free! School hols not a huge consideration as have daughter to coerce to teen-sit. Won't be bringing grandchildren either.
mel
Lady Mel, I will be skint by the half term in October after taking grandson away for two full weeks and a few weekends throughout the year so we would not be looking at this stage to bring them (+ Daughter) with us. So we could stay away from the half term.
The dates that would suit us though would be to incorporate the weekend of the 12th and 13th (Ladygaga's weekend off)

There you go Sir Sprocket;
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
The dates that would suit us though would be to incorporate the weekend of the 12th and 13th (Ladygaga's weekend off)
There you go Sir Sprocket;
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

This was the same weekend as was originally suggested for last year, and Lady Squirrel was looking forward to her nutty birthday cake (walnut preferred). Unfortunately the weekendend was subsequently moved.
smiley-cry.gif

Here's hoping for the birthday weekend this year.
smiley-cool.gif
smiley-kiss.gif
Are we still going to try for Rivendale?

PS I assume we're talking about October?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Won't be planning anything yet this year at all. I am back behind the wheel having sold the Defender and got an automatic which has had minor adaptions for now but as far as plans go, they are staying at zero for now
smiley-frown.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The King has been over ruled;
Because I left it to Ladyagaga and my daughter to sort out the May half term, guess where they ended up deciding to go;
Rivendale.
They couldnt make up there minds which one they wanted in the New Forest and liked Rivendale through previous discussions
so thats that.
Oh well my own fault AGAIN, but at least I will be able to check it out if the Woosie's still want that as a venue in October.
Any more thoughts on the dates for October folks, need to plan some dates to save from my holiday entitlement.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Any more thoughts on the dates for October folks, need to plan some dates to save from my holiday entitlement.

We would still prefer the w/e of 11/12/13 October as it's Lady Squirrel's birthday, and that would save me taking her out elsewhere
smiley-kiss.gif

Location - Rivendale would be OK for us, if you don't mind going again after giving it the once-over in May and finding all the hostelries.
smiley-wink.gif

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Won't be planning anything yet this year at all. I am back behind the wheel having sold the Defender and got an automatic which has had minor adaptions for now but as far as plans go, they are staying at zero for now
smiley-frown.gif

What happened,its only been just over a year hasn't it?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Gagakev said:

We would still prefer the w/e of 11/12/13 October as it's Lady Squirrel's birthday, and that would save me taking her out elsewhere
smiley-kiss.gif

Location - Rivendale would be OK for us, if you don't mind going again after giving it the once-over in May and finding all the hostelries.
smiley-wink.gif

We are OK with those dates. I am pretty confident that aside from the on site pub, there are no other hostelries in walking distance, but Kev can do a full reccy.
Rivendell will be fine for us, it is about 45 minutes from where we live. I am going to Eye Kettleby lakes in a couple of weeks, I'll suss it out. Trouble is it is adults only so only a possibility if we have no Wooslings going, wouldn't want anyone excluded.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
smiley-kiss.gif

smiley-wink.gif
Not a problem Sir WC thats a task the King will willingly undertake and no, dont mind going twice as they will be completly different
breaks, first one will be trying to keep up with the grandson and the Woosie meet one will be trying to keep up with Sir Dusty and Lightpole man in the bar
1.gif
smiley-wink.gif
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Martin24 said:
smiley-frown.gif

Yes and it was a wonderful year of adventure. Not sure yet what's going on as waiting for an MRI of brain and spine. Left arm and both legs have gradually packed up over the last few months. Some days worse than others, not a good start to a new year with a new van.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
Trouble is it is adults only so only a possibility if we have no Wooslings going, wouldn't want anyone excluded.
If it's adults only then how come King Gagakev is taking grandchildren to it?
smiley-wink.gif
Also the site says:
"Caravan and motorhome pitches are located in the main pitching area on individual loop roads handy for the under-floor heated shower building, laundrette and children’s play area"
smiley-surprised.gif

Are we talking of the same site - Rivendale?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Mel said:
Trouble is it is adults only so only a possibility if we have no Wooslings going, wouldn't want anyone excluded.
If it's adults only then how come King Gagakev is taking grandchildren to it?
smiley-wink.gif
Also the site says:
"Caravan and motorhome pitches are located in the main pitching area on individual loop roads handy for the under-floor heated shower building, laundrette and children’s play area"
smiley-surprised.gif

Are we talking of the same site - Rivendale?
Sir WC
I dont think Mel was talking about Rivendale
smiley-wink.gif

Mel said:
I am going to Eye Kettleby lakes in a couple of weeks, I'll suss it out.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Deli Dave_ said:
Martin24 said:
smiley-frown.gif

Yes and it was a wonderful year of adventure. Not sure yet what's going on as waiting for an MRI of brain and spine. Left arm and both legs have gradually packed up over the last few months. Some days worse than others, not a good start to a new year with a new van.
Sorry to hear that Sir Outnumbered (4;1) hope you dont have to wait too long, our thoughts are with you
Kev + Maggie

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woosiefest- Around 12th-13th October 2013
Rivendale
Declared Interest;
Lady Mel + Sir Ale Man
King Gagakev + Lady Gagamags
Sir Sprocket Jester + Lady Sprocket
Sir Dusty Dog + Lady Villa

Sir Wc + Lady Squirrel
Lightpole man + Lady Carol

Other Woosies most welcome please add your title's to the list.

How many nights are of interest to you?
We would proberbly be thinking of four.

Sir Dusty can you give Sir Muckypup the Nod?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Deli Dave_ said:
Martin24 said:
smiley-frown.gif

Hi Martin

What a crap start to 2013. I had wondered why you binned the Defender.
smiley-undecided.gif

I know it's no consolation but if you need a hand towing the Coachman to a site and setting up for a break I'll be happy to help.

Good luck with the tests .

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for your wishes and support. Luckily swmbo is an absolute star and can manage most of the van stuff herself with me barking out the instructions. Very hard not to interfere though when you can see the awning peg going in at the wrong angle. Last trip out ended up with everyone ill in bed and had to pack up on my own. At that point was ready to pack it in. Seven and a half hours it took me and even if anyone did see it was a struggle no one offered to help.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If you're ever anywhere in the vicinity of the Midlands and are stuck use the contact link on my forum signature to give me a shout.
I'll email my phone number to you in a bit which would be a better idea, if anybody else would like to forward a telephone or mobile number I'd be more than happy to pass it on

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Rivendale
Declared Interest;
Lady Mel + Sir Ale Man
Sir Wc + Lady Squirrel
Sir Gab + Lady Gab

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Deli Dave_ said:
Martin24 said:
smiley-frown.gif

Wow I am so sorry to hear that,I do hope things get sorted for you.I will ask Steve(Parksy) to pass my details on to you if there is anything I can do

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
If you're ever anywhere in the vicinity of the Midlands and are stuck use the contact link on my forum signature to give me a shout.
I'll email my phone number to you in a bit which would be a better idea, if anybody else would like to forward a telephone or mobile number I'd be more than happy to pass it on
What a good idea Parksy, I will email you, dont mind lending a hand if I'm about.
mind you I could be busier than most Martin loves Devon
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Rivendale
Declared Interest;
Lady Mel + Sir Ale Man

Sir Wc + Lady Squirrel

Other Woosies most welcome please add your title's to the list.

How many nights are of interest to you?
We would proberbly be thinking of four.

We could do four as well,kindly add us on King GagaKev WC (2Bar)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Gents, I forwarded the details and if anyone else wishes to add their contact details to our 'Woosie Helpline' I'm more than happy to forward them or to keep them on file in case any of us ever needs a hand
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts