Woosie Club

Page 60 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Kevin.....those chickens are taking a chance with that barby lurking in the background!

BTW......I have booked an extra two nights at Rivendale in October arriving Thursday leaving the following Wednesday.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Kevin.....those chickens are taking a chance with that barby lurking in the background!
BTW......I have booked an extra two nights at Rivendale in October arriving Thursday leaving the following Wednesday.

Those there chickens Sir Bladrick laid bootiful fresh eggs
smiley-wink.gif

Sausages from the Pigs didnt taste too good though,
smiley-frown.gif

And there was no bacon, (took our own though just in case)

Rivenlot, have you read my previous post on staying there???????
smiley-kiss.gif

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........yes I have seen your posts your majesty!
I have been to Rivenlot before so know what to expect!
I intend taking bikes as the Tissington Trail is next to the site and Carsington Water is close by.
Both are good for leisure cycling so the extra two days mean a better chance of fitting this in.
I also want to visit family in Yorkshire as well as enjoying the Woosie meet
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.........yes I have seen your posts your majesty!
I have been to Rivenlot before so know what to expect!
I intend taking bikes as the Tissington Trail is next to the site and Carsington Water is close by.
Both are good for leisure cycling so the extra two days mean a better chance of fitting this in.
I also want to visit family in Yorkshire as well as enjoying the Woosie meet
smiley-smile.gif
Ah.... I have sussed your cunning plan
You are to cycle off all those calories after all that Ale at the meet.
hillbilly.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I can't remember if I've posted this before, the grey matter isn't what it used to be
smiley-cry.gif
but thanks for the mention of us attending your meet. It seems a nice site and from the pics resembles Grin Low although we've been to neither.
I mentioned it to Her Ladyship and she knew I'd like to go but there's one big downside. Our youngest son is having his first child then, or at least the DIL is, and she has already told us not to get going away, the bossy ******
smiley-yell.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
lovely pics. we'll be down in studland in 3 weks time - hope its like that. currently at Burrowhayes geting sogy, having fried all wek at this delightful site. pics to folow when back home on pc.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
crazyguider said:
lovely pics. we'll be down in studland in 3 weks time - hope its like that. currently at Burrowhayes geting sogy, having fried all wek at this delightful site. pics to folow when back home on pc.

sorry about the terrible spelling - it was done on my sons tablet. Our pc is now back from the pc doctors, and working well.
how do I upload pics to this part of the site?
smiley-undecided.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/July2013/medium_IMGP5603.JPG /sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/July2013/IMGP5637_0.JPG
two very differnt ways to cool off at Burrowhayes Farm, Somerset!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well done Dame Crazyguider you posted some piccys.
When you click on the tree in the box you can resize the photo in the dimension box Parksy likes them to be 500 x 500
but we like to annoy him
smiley-wink.gif
and go 500 x 600, you can also resize if you have them on photobucket etc.
Any more? go on try one!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Well done Dame Crazyguider you posted some piccys.
When you click on the tree in the box you can resize the photo in the dimension box Parksy likes them to be 500 x 500
but we like to annoy him
smiley-wink.gif
and go 500 x 600, you can also resize if you have them on photobucket etc.
Any more? go on try one!!
Have a look at Sprockets Guide which will show you how to succesfully add pictures to your forum posts Dame CG.
Pictures which are within 600x600 fit onto the forum page best, when they are bigger than that the forum page begins to go out of shape which makes other posts difficult to read.
Don't worry though, I can always edit the oversized ones to fit
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I always lose on last second e-bay bidding so don't expect a win here Your Royal Woosieship.
smiley-cry.gif

However there is some good news .
smiley-cool.gif

SWMBO has suggested we have an extra week near Buxton, maybe the week before Rivenlot , maybe on my knightly woosie pitch if possible. Saves hitching and pitching twice.

Will we be drawing up a list of woosie goodies for our little bellies, just so we al know exactly what to do? Don't forget some of us have special dietary requirements so certain nuts starch things etc need to be excluded. BUT not the beer
smiley-laughing.gif

I thought of doing a special fried rice or paella without any soy sauce. You can add your own . And some BBQ chicken or pork ribs. Again we need to know what sauces bastes can or can't be used.
Not long now and hopefully all the horseflies will have gone. I've got over 20 bites being treated by the Doc. All happened at Pugneys Water Park
smiley-frown.gif

FOUR to go

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Oh good, we are discussing the Woosie Tuck in. Doesn't feel so far away now. I can't do anything with Gluten in it. So no wheat, barley rye or oats. Soy sauce is made with wheat, so if the recipe can stand it, please leave it out. Obviously wheat flour, pastry, cake, bread etc is no good, but I will bring my own supplies of these. Maize starch, potato starch, soya, rice all fine. We'll do Chilli again if thats OK. Sir Aleman still carefully considering the beer options. The light went down better than the dark with most Woosies at Poston.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I always lose on last second e-bay bidding so don't expect a win here Your Royal Woosieship.
smiley-cry.gif

smiley-cool.gif

SWMBO has suggested we have an extra week near Buxton, maybe the week before Rivenlot , maybe on my knightly woosie pitch if possible. Saves hitching and pitching twice.

Will we be drawing up a list of woosie goodies for our little bellies, just so we al know exactly what to do? Don't forget some of us have special dietary requirements so certain nuts starch things etc need to be excluded. BUT not the beer
smiley-laughing.gif

I thought of doing a special fried rice or paella without any soy sauce. You can add your own . And some BBQ chicken or pork ribs. Again we need to know what sauces bastes can or can't be used.
Not long now and hopefully all the horseflies will have gone. I've got over 20 bites being treated by the Doc. All happened at Pugneys Water Park
smiley-frown.gif

FOUR to go
Hope you dont intend serving the horseflies to us
smiley-laughing.gif

Think we need to decide if we are to do the same as Poston ie; afternoon and evening
The evening if we decide to go with it will have to have a contingency plan as Rivenlot doesnt have a separate room as such.
I think they have a lower dining area which we might be able to rent but then if we are spending money in the bar think we could appeal to there hearts and see if they could let us have it for free!
If it's dry we could stay on site and feed and water (alcohol) ourselves.)
Any volunteers to give them a ring to see if this would be possible?
If we are to do both we need to decide who is doing afternoon and who is doing the evening otherwise we could end up with enough food to feed the whole site!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
smiley-cry.gif

smiley-cool.gif

smiley-laughing.gif

smiley-frown.gif

FOUR to go
Hope you dont intend serving the horseflies to us
smiley-laughing.gif

Think we need to decide if we are to do the same as Poston ie; afternoon and evening
The evening if we decide to go with it will have to have a contingency plan as Rivenlot doesnt have a separate room as such.
I think they have a lower dining area which we might be able to rent but then if we are spending money in the bar think we could appeal to there hearts and see if they could let us have it for free!
If it's dry we could stay on site and feed and water (alcohol) ourselves.)
Any volunteers to give them a ring to see if this would be possible?
If we are to do both we need to decide who is doing afternoon and who is doing the evening otherwise we could end up with enough food to feed the whole site!

Thinking about the superb Derbyshire Ale we are likely to get maybe we should have an afternoon fest running into the evening by the caravans. And then if we are still up for it an evening bash on another day. Too much in one day otherwise.
smiley-tongue-out.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts