Woosie Club

Page 64 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Resignation NOT accepted.......Once a Woosie always a Woosie
smiley-smile.gif

As I am nearing the end of my Kingship there'e one more task I am duly going to carry out.
I hereby declare that Sir Chunky is awarded life time honoury membership of the Woosie Round table
This cannot be rovoked under any circumstances by any of my subjects or pending Kings/Queens
smiley-smile.gif
OK then, the King has spoken so be it, an honoury lifetime Woosie membership it is
smiley-cool.gif
I will duly hang on to one bottle of "Elsan" to take a sniff of "now and again" as a reminder
smiley-laughing.gif
but would in future like to be addressed as "Sir Chunky(without equipment)" if thats ok,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Whoopee or is it Woosieee!

Just paid Rivenlot so we have now gone beyond the point of no return so you are stuck with us barking mad dogs LOL.
I sent Lady Di a note but no response.
I hope she and Sir Walkalot are alright.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Sproket said:
As it's nearly time for the woosie meet & remembering what our King put in his review # 8
I thought i would have a look & see if any had been left recently.
Have found these & there seems to be plenty of mixed reviews about the Rivendale site
smiley-undecided.gif

Agreed a mixed bag.
But don't mess with the Woosies.
King Gagakev tried it out and that will be fine for me.

The poorer reviews seem to come mainly from tenters complaining about things like the long walk to the toilet block at night, road noise, and in one case even the noise made by the birds and aircraft!
Having been to a commercial site earlier this year (not connected with Rivendale and in a different part of the country) on which we didn't realise that we'd be pitched cheek by jowl with tenters, all that I can say is that complaints about noise from tenters is an example of supreme irony.
It would appear that some of the caravan areas at Rivendale have been fenced off from the tenters which makes for a bit of a trek to the toilets. The fencing was apparently erected after a caravan was damaged, and this has given rise to complaints from the tenters.
I'm not surprised that they have been made to walk round if they were anything like the louts under canvas that we were unfortunate enough to have to share a site with.
smiley-undecided.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am sure it will be fine. I have been to this site, but not for at least 7 years. The Caravan pitches in the quarry were fine, apart from the hard ground (it is a quarry). I don't remember the road noise being an issue and I am struggling to work out which flightpath we are under. We are quite far enough from East Mids and Birmingham for the planes to be at altitude; I don't remember aircraft noise. Crows yes. We have all got on board loos and showers and food so we will be fine. It will also be bit nippy by then for most tenters.
Anyway it is all about a positive attitude (and sufficient alcohol).
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
I am sure it will be fine. I have been to this site, but not for at least 7 years. The Caravan pitches in the quarry were fine, apart from the hard ground (it is a quarry). I don't remember the road noise being an issue and I am struggling to work out which flightpath we are under. We are quite far enough from East Mids and Birmingham for the planes to be at altitude; I don't remember aircraft noise. Crows yes. We have all got on board loos and showers and food so we will be fine. It will also be bit nippy by then for most tenters.
Anyway it is all about a positive attitude (and sufficient alcohol).
mel
Agree with Lady Mel, we will be at the top of the site and most of the complaints on road noise were from the tenter's which yes is
quite close to the road at the bottom of the site,
Again yes aircraft overhead but too high too bother you.
And Lady Mel if I use my onboard loo will I loose my Woosie membership??
smiley-wink.gif

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
To quote Kev - "And Lady Mel if I use my onboard loo will I loose my Woosie membership??
smiley-wink.gif
"
If you do Kev I/we should never have been members in the first place.
Ps. If you see me/us using the site ones you will know we're going 'soft' (That's in the head!!)
Your assuring reassurances re the alleged problems are reassuring. However Kev I've made a sign for your van/awning just in case --- 'Complaints Dept'
smiley-sealed.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
another Woosie in print....
Can't believe I got 'star letter' in the new mag!
new touring mirrors, too - shame we put the 'van to bed yesterday, now I'll have to wait till Easter to try them out.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
new touring mirrors, too - shame we put the 'van to bed yesterday, now I'll have to wait till Easter to try them out.
Well done on getting the star letter CG.
If you're lucky you might get the mirrors in time for next Easter
smiley-undecided.gif

I won last months photo competition but I'm still waiting for my mirrors
smiley-cry.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Soon Be Woosiefest time.
Have just had delivered two small 375ml bottles of aqua kem green it states 150ml per 20lts as our C200 tank is only 17lts ( 120mls will make it the same strength ) one bottle should last us for the four nights that we are there
Also bought some pile driver pegs for the hard ground & a new double step just to make it a bit easy for our old Lab & me to get in & out of the van, the step has a hole at each corner for pegging it down.....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Soon Be Woosiefest time.
Have just had delivered two small 375ml bottles of aqua kem green it states 150ml per 20lts as our C200 tank is only 17lts ( 120mls will make it the same strength ) one bottle should last us for the four nights that we are there
Also bought some pile driver pegs for the hard ground & a new double step just to make it a bit easy for our old Lab & me to get in & out of the van, the step has a hole at each corner for pegging it down.....
really looking forward to it, currently have SIL + Partner over from New Zealand, man I'm Knackered. (There out tonight)
pile driver pegs Sir Spocket dont expect to get them all back in one piece, thats the ones I bent and if they dont bend the plastic tops snap
smiley-laughing.gif

Before pulling them out tap them from side too side with a hammer to loosen them first.
Roll on the 10th.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Well done CG! When my mag eventually plops through the door I will read it.
smiley-smile.gif

What have you put the van to bed for. Doesn't your school do half term at October and Feb? Winter caravanning is great.
mel

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We're off tomorrow to the CC site at Bromyard for 3 nights. King Kagakev - have you caused wet weather?
smiley-frown.gif
Mind you, it will give us a chance to see if the warranty work has been successful !
smiley-smile.gif
. It will also a 'dry' run for the Woosiefest next month (can't wait).

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
We're off tomorrow to the CC site at Bromyard for 3 nights. King Kagakev - have you caused wet weather?
smiley-frown.gif
Mind you, it will give us a chance to see if the warranty work has been successful !
smiley-smile.gif
. It will also a 'dry' run for the Woosiefest next month (can't wait).
King Kagakev - have you caused wet weather? Who me?? dont know what you are on about Sir WC
Hope the warrenty work is satisfactory for you.
Have a good one.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Surfer said:
BTW went up to the dealer and bought 20 of those pegs at £0.49 each and got a 10% discount. So a happy bunny now!
smiley-laughing.gif
Glad your sorted....
I had mine delivered with the new step & a few other items, so postage was included
smiley-wink.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As King Gagakev has previous experience of Rivalot and steel rock pegs , and he is the rain maker, I propose he bangs in all our pegs .
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
As King Gagakev has previous experience of Rivalot and steel rock pegs , and he is the rain maker, I propose he bangs in all our pegs .
smiley-laughing.gif

Having done a risk assessment on the Kings recent exploits..
smiley-surprised.gif

I have managed to find his Royal woosieness the perfect umbrella with built in eye protection ....

14655_1_600_zps74344244.jpeg
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
smiley-laughing.gif

If our Royal Highness is to use a hammer, we, his loyal subjects, should humbly retire at least 12 yards (hereafter known as "a safe distance"), genuflecting and covering our eyes (hereafter known as "protecting one's sight").
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts