Woosie Club

Page 107 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Our choice would be to narrow it down to Barnstones or Anitas, either would suit us, but will go with the majority. (Even if it's not one of those 2)

A man after my own heart. totally agree I hate walking with a spinning head, but the spinning only occurs with the Woosies :lol:
Any one for another pint :kiss:

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Are you doing Stowford, Cynth?

Oh, I dunno, I'm confused now.

Stowford - PCv rally? Yeah, probably do that one.
Woosies - Where?

Juss a minnit while I top up me cider jar (hic!)
There are one or two other rallies I want to fit in; DAs and suchlike. I don't like PLANNING! It's boring. I don't want to know in January what I'll be doing in June! Cut me some slack guys..... If I come, I'll be there. If I don't, I won't. Can't say fairer than that. I mean, what if you book somewhere months in advance and then find it's absolutely hissin' it down with rain on the day you leave home??? I'm a Woosie, right? I don't like rain!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
crazyguider said:

Woosies - Where?

I mean, what if you book somewhere months in advance and then find it's absolutely hissin' it down with rain on the day you leave home??? I'm a Woosie, right? I don't like rain!

Good job you didn't come to Rivendale then, we all got wet on the inside to keep warm from the rain outside ;)

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Sproket said:
CyberCynth said:
crazyguider said:

Woosies - Where?

I mean, what if you book somewhere months in advance and then find it's absolutely hissin' it down with rain on the day you leave home??? I'm a Woosie, right? I don't like rain!

Good job you didn't come to Rivendale then, we all got wet on the inside to keep warm from the rain outside ;)

The word is masochism.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Sproket said:
Mel said:
We've got a date, so is there a decision about where? Did it come down to Barnstones or Anita's or is there another in the running. Should we vote?
Mel

1- Bosworth caravan park ( The Gate House )
Walk to Dixie Arms-16 Minutes
2 - Anita's
Walk to Green Man- 5 Minutes
3 - Barnstones
3 - Barnstones ( david klyne review )
Walk to Bell Inn- 2 Minutes
4 - Bo Peep
Walk to Red Lion- 23 Mins
Walk to Pickled ploughman-13minutes

All within traveling distance for Dame Crazy Guider

Wheathill park will be a hard one to follow / find ... any more suggestions ???

Just some info for the Alcholics amongst us (all of us) but please remember it will take twice as long to return..... two steps forwards 1 step back :woohoo:

Based on the Woosiefest possibilities [ logistics
1st Anita's
2nd Barnstones
3rd Bo Peep

Remember Aufidesen Pet when they voted for the hut paint colour? The worst choice won :woohoo: :evil: :p
We are happy with any of the above three.
One for Her Graciousness to cogitate over.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Do you know just cancelled all this years plans! - Might rain? - Had forgotten I was a 'Woosie'!! After 40 years (nearly) caravanning hadn't realised it rains sometimes in this country!

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We've been away for a few days (without van :( ) so haven't looked at the proposed sites yet. Hope to look later. As we (Sir WC and Lady Squirrel) are not major drinkers we don't mind staggering distance to pubs, but has consideration been given to a room for the feast?? ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We could go Al Fresco :p
Looking at Trip Advisor The Green Man is a dive.Not for us.

The Bell Inn is small but gets reasonable reviews.
Maybe we need to look at some other sites if we want the Woosiefest under cover?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
How about these two options?

Bo Peep Adderbury ( on our list)
Pickled Ploughman 880 yards away

or Mount Farm Ratley Banbury
Rose & Crown 350 yds away
over to you guys

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I have stayed at Bo Peep a couple of times if anyone wants any info on the site.
(Its handy for the Silverstone circuit)

Where ever we end up, if nearby, I will be visiting the Red Lion at Adderbury for a meal as it is a great pub. :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Does Bo peep have hard standing pitches? The website just mentions grass?
My vote would be Anita's if Bo peep is just grass.
Mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
Does Bo peep have hard standing pitches? The website just mentions grass?
My vote would be Anita's if Bo peep is just grass.
Mel

Bo Peep Adderbury

From the view on Google it looks like there is some up in the right hand field, but i wonder if they are seasonal pitches ??

If so my vote is also for Anita's .... we can do Al Fresco in a gazebo ;)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The majority seem to favour Anita's as first or second choice. Are there any objections before we unleash our secret weapon and chief negotiator.
Mel

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I hope to look at the options tomorrow, been away the last few days and out today. Got a puncture on the car this afternoon so will need to go to ATS first thing tomorrow. :( At least I have a spacesaver to drive on and wasn't towing at the time.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woosiefest From October 1st 2015

Please add names below.

Sir Gagakev ( 4 nights ) Thurs to Sun
Sir WC ( 4 nights ) Thurs to Sun
Sir Sprocket ( 4 nights ) Thurs to Sun
Sir Gab
Sir Dustydog ( 7 nights Weds to Tues)
Queen Mel and Sir Aleman
Dame Crazyguider (2 nights Fri to Sun)
(Sir) Baldrick ....
Baroness Barmy (Probably 5 nights, Thurs to Mon)
Sir Deli Dave
The Lightpole Man

Still awaiting a reply from Sir Kopite, Lady Di and Sir Brian and any other interested Woosies.

It could be a real Royal Pageant Your Woosie Highness WMBO

Read more at http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/chit-chat/44911-woosie-club?start=2640#B8OfQfje6e6Xgmb1.99

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts