Woosie Club

Page 288 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think some people like me, took a while to get the hang of the new software. Some may have given up? I haven’t come across Craig on any of the other forums. Maybe Damian or Parksy could email him?
Craig Young was last on this forum in October.
It's a shame when people stop posting for whatever reason, but it happens.
We don't chase after them, if they haven't been suspended or banned and want to come back they will.
Sometimes they are upset by moderators, again there's nothing we can do about it if they decide to go elsewhere.
We are sometimes treated to a very public fit of pique, with individuals writing that they're leaving, but as far as I can tell this hasn't been the case with Craig.
We currently have at least two forum members who, having performed their public flounce off, have returned with different usernames.
We know who they are but as long as they stick to the rules their secret is safe with me 😉

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
We are sometimes treated to a very public fit of pique, with individuals writing that they're leaving, but as far as I can tell this hasn't been the case with Craig.
We currently have at least two forum members who, having performed their public flounce off, have returned with different usernames.

If this condescending tone (condescending - having or showing an attitude of patronizing superiority. ) does not make it clear why some have a problem with this moderator, nothing will. As far as I know a moderator is in place to monitor and help people on the forum know when they are stepping out of line, in a kind friendly way, certainly not as was once the case with myself, paraphrasing, "If you don't like it, leave, no one actually cares" or words to that affect.

IMO some moderators become arrogant (having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities ) and treat forum users in a bad way.

In defense of any forum users that have left under these circumstances.
BTW it will take much more than a few bitter words to get me to leave.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have no idea what the above post is trying to do, or its value .
Having been a Mod on this forum for longer than I care to remember we try to let topics run without interference, as long as the rules of the forum are adhered to.
The problem is that some, (probably most) never read the rules and are then surprised when one of us steps in , usually resulting in a stamping of feet and throwing dolly out of pram.

Myself and Parksy have had a long and difficult time bringing this forum to the place it is now, from what it was several years ago when certain "members" thought they could post whatever they liked, insult others and generally disrupt the forum.

Have we become arrogant? no I do not think so, maybe a bit fed up dealing with stupidity and attempts of some to disrupt.

Will we carry on with the methods and ways we have at our disposal to keep the forum running in a decent way,,,,,,,you bet !!!

Will we still call out transgressions,,,,,you bet !!!

We are governed by the owners rules and those we will continue to enforce, which some may not like, but thats life.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Despite having a fantastic time with all of the lovely folks at Woosiefest 2019, I too have hardly been on the forum since last Autumn, mainly due to work and family commitments. One of the first things I noticed a couple of weeks ago was that Craig hadn’t posted since October. I emailed him and received a nice reply. All is well with him, and he’s still enjoying caravanning whenever he gets the chance. Nobody on here has offended him, he’s just focussing on other things.

He may reappear in the future, who knows ...

(albeit perhaps to a lesser extent ! ;)).

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If this condescending tone (condescending - having or showing an attitude of patronizing superiority. ) does not make it clear why some have a problem with this moderator, nothing will. As far as I know a moderator is in place to monitor and help people on the forum know when they are stepping out of line, in a kind friendly way, certainly not as was once the case with myself, paraphrasing, "If you don't like it, leave, no one actually cares" or words to that affect.

IMO some moderators become arrogant (having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities ) and treat forum users in a bad way.

In defense of any forum users that have left under these circumstances.
BTW it will take much more than a few bitter words to get me to leave.
I'm not going to let that pass without reply...
It's quite clear to me that we don't share the same sense of humour Grey.
It's obvious from your post that you have a problem with this particular moderator, but I can't please everybody and you consider me to be condescending and arrogant.
You know very little about what takes place behind the scenes, otherwise you'd know that I've persuaded people who have left to return, I've enquired after the welfare of others who have been ill and I've answered many questions from people who are too shy to post on the message boards, all off forum behind the scenes, but I dont need to justify myself to you whatever your opinion of me may be.
It will take more than a few bitter words from you for me to change my style.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear😢On a much brighter note the Woosies meet at Waterrow soon. Looking forward to seeing you boys and girls again and maybe some from PCv?😎😎😎😎

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Parksy........I think there has been a case of mistaken identity here maybe with a moderator from another forum ;)

.......either that or a massive error of judgement!

Reactions: Parksy
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I wish I could make the Spring-Fest at watterow but it is a journey too far at that particular time of year, perhaps if it was at a different time of year I could have tied travel stop-overs in with other caravan activities.

All the Woosie Fests are great meet-ups therefore I am sure you will all have a great time.

Best wishes for good weather, enjoy.

(I am not at all
disappointed that I cannot be there)

:yum: Sir Haggis

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That's very kind of you Bill.
Unfortunately Grey seems to have committed a further error of judgement since by having a pop at Damian in a (now deleted) reply.
Grey is now banned from the forum.

It is always sad when a Forumite gets banned. I have been on here since inception and without reservation have found Parksy and Damian excellent moderators. In fact so good and understanding they could make a living running a Moderators school👍👍. I know first hand from Steve just how much time and patience they spend , absolutely free of charge making this Forum a great one with little or no interference. Long may they both continue to moderate👏👏👏

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi all.

Really looking forward to the spring Woosie meet, can't wait to get back into the swing of caravanning.

Ref posts above, I have only met a few of the Woosies on the last trip, & I must say I found everybody, including Grey to be a humorous & good fun to be with.

I do not know what has happened, but I am sure it was an oversight, & hopefully all will work out well

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I missed the last Woosiefest because I was waiting to be called for an operation, since successfully done, so we're really looking forward to this one in April, our first trip this year.
We will look forward to renewing old friendships and forging new ones, roll on April.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope that The Woosiefest, at Waterrow will not be too wet, but as Kev is still due to arrive, maybe all the rain Gods are building up to greet him. 😲

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Craig Young was last on this forum in October.
It's a shame when people stop posting for whatever reason, but it happens.
We don't chase after them, if they haven't been suspended or banned and want to come back they will.
Sometimes they are upset by moderators, again there's nothing we can do about it if they decide to go elsewhere.
We know who they are but as long as they stick to the rules their secret is safe with me 😉
Parky,
If a member is banned and returns with a new user name member and I presume a different email is that OK with you and Damian,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I hope that The Woosiefest, at Waterrow will not be too wet, but as Kev is still due to arrive, maybe all the rain Gods are building up to greet him. 😲
Well a Hutch even without the Rainmaster I still intend battling Ciara and Dennis next week, I hope

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Parky,
If a member is banned and returns with a new user name member and I presume a different email is that OK with you and Damian,

No, that's not how it works, and there are tools available to us that flag up such attempts to have two identities.
The new platform is much different to the old one, and much harder to fool.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parky,
Coming back with a new identity when you still have a previous account is, strictly speaking, against forum rules.
If a banned ex forum member did it really wouldn't be ok with us and we'd definitely act.
Some members get a bit hot under the collar sometimes, angry words are exchanged, sometimes with a moderator, sometimes with a fellow member and the 'injured party' announces on a thread that they will no longer use this forum.
Colloquially this is often known as 'the flounce' because if someone really didn't want to use the forum again they just wouldn't, without the dramatic forum announcement.
Quite often after they've cooled off a bit a flouncer starts to miss the forum but pride prevents them coming back after they made their leaving announcement.
That's quite understandable, it's human nature to try to save face even though they're still welcome in their original identity, we wouldn't allow anybody to belittle them.
The departed member sometimes adopts different forum name and comes back as 'somebody else'
Damian and myself both know who our prodigal forumites are, but they were never banned and as long as they stick to the rules like everyone does and they don't try to use their original forum identity to post as two people we won't embarrass them.
The double identity thing is called 'sockpuppeting', a great description that I'd never heard of until Damian told me the other day.
If our Sockpuppets don't do it to cause problems or post spam Damian and myself are fairly tolerant and look the other way, but if they are keyboard warriors or spammers - they're gone! 😊

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well a Hutch even without the Rainmaster I still intend battling Ciara and Dennis next week, I hope
Well folks one step nearer to annoying you all at Waterrow, stage one of treatment finally given the all clear from the Doc today, just have to wait until end of month to see if any further treatment required, hope they dont call me in until after the Woosiefest here's keeping fingers crossed.

Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That great news Kev, but do we have to take waders or just wellies and long rain coats, haha only joking, . Only one last check up for me but i can extend past the spring fest. Van out next week prior to annual service.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just looking , over the postings, and I have realised that since The Chesterfest, when I, was crowned and Lady Bacchus, was named, also Sir Grizzly and Sir Icarus, were accepted and named. For his dutys as Trusty scribe, to The Crown, I bestow upon himself, for buying a round in, The Shresbury Arms, another Honour, of a BAR. Allowing him to be,
Sir Dustydog, (BAR,2)TS.

Reactions: GrizzlyBathplug
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just looking , over the postings, and I have realised that since The Chesterfest, when I, was crowned and Lady Bacchus, was named, also Sir Grizzly and Sir Icarus, were accepted and named. For his dutys as Trusty scribe, to The Crown, I bestow upon himself, for buying a round in, The Shresbury Arms, another Honour, of a BAR. Allowing him to be,
Sir Dustydog, (BAR,2)TS.
I am honoured to be mentioned by his Royal Woosieness In his New Year’s Honours List👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
In preperation for the spring Woosiefast meet, we are going to brave a long w/end in North wales in a couple of weeks time, Apparently weather should be getting better, here,s hoping.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The calm before the storm here in the West Midlands.
It's been a lovely morning with bright sunshine here.
We've added an extra day onto our Woosie trip. We'll be there on Saturday 4th and are now staying until Thursday 9th. We'll look forward to seeing everybody there 😊

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts