Woosie Club

Page 289 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
In preperation for the spring Woosiefast meet, we are going to brave a long w/end in North wales in a couple of weeks time, Apparently weather should be getting better, here,s hoping.
In North Wales at our seasonal pitch now. Had some sunshine and showers but the wind is getting up now. North Wales is still gobsmackingly beautiful though. Daffodils are out on the site so hopefully Spring is coming.
Mel

Reactions: Parksy
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Kev
Are you sure you are not away.🤔
I now hear I will be towing into Storm Jorge😲 How many storms🤓🤓
Not away young man, but was working up on Dartmoor this morning and had heavy sleet and at times couldn't see a few feet in front of me. But as soon as it came it went.
Soon be time to clean Mr Fleety ready for the off.

Reactions: Dustydog and Parksy
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Is that a bi anual wash?
Confess.............yes it was last year!!!! Only went out a couple of times and I can see the roof from my bedroom window,
was going to plant a few spuds up there but as we intend to make more use of him this year thought better against it!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Kev, we have been the same, hardly been out in the van, brining it home next week prior to annual service, make sure its fully waterproof before meeting up with you at Waterrow .
Is there any way you can wear shorts, T shirt and Plimsoles, so the Rain Gods do not recognise you.

Reactions: Gagakev

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The rain gods would know Kevin anywhere, he's an old mate of theirs.
Our caravan is due for a trip home, it's been in storage since September last year and although it's stored inside and has been serviced at the end of the year it's covered in dust.
Wash and wax time before the Woosiefest.

Reactions: Gagakev

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll connect everything up, sterilise the water system, check that everything works and check for leaks etc; but aBlack Country cul de sac driveway isn't somewhere I'd chose to sleep in when we have a nice comfortable bed in the house. The wine might be worth a try though 🍷

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lady Villa is off to Tenerife with sister mil and bil and nieces. I and three dogs are her at Poston Mill. Omg. Setting up alone is a killer.swmbo does the inside I do the outside incl awning. Not easy alone is it.without dogs , no awning so it could have been easier. Hailstones ans flurries of snow this afternoon.🙂

Attachments

• E1328F81-8C02-4DAF-B34D-4BE971B869AC.jpeg
    E1328F81-8C02-4DAF-B34D-4BE971B869AC.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Lady Villa is off to Tenerife with sister mil and bil and nieces. I and three dogs are her at Poston Mill. Omg. Setting up alone is a killer.swmbo does the inside I do the outside incl awning. Not easy alone is it.without dogs , no awning so it could have been easier. Hailstones ans flurries of snow this afternoon.🙂
You will cope, I like the new motor,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Kev, we have been the same, hardly been out in the van, brining it home next week prior to annual service, make sure its fully waterproof before meeting up with you at Waterrow .
Is there any way you can wear shorts, T shirt and Plimsoles, so the Rain Gods do not recognise you.
Lads at work have today all been issued with new wet weather gear, got to keep them grafting, but even I feel sorry for them, it has been relentless of late and even as a friend of the rain gods EVEN I HAVE HAD ENOUGH.
If it's forecast for the fest, Im going to self quarantine:(

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Kev, Please don't, we will all get on with it, if anything a total down pour of H2O will wash away any virus. , lets keep positive.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
3 Dogs DD? Have you acquired a new one?
mel
Mel, I have mil disobedient untrained miniature yorkie. Poor Kizzy had a stroke on Wednesday so everything is all messed up. She is hanging in. Vet says she will recover. BUT I’m a bloke and need a female touch to help😥😥

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......hope Kizzy is OK now.

Now back in the UK after 6 weeks of very dry sunny weather in Spain!
Caravan and Terrano behaved themselves.....next trip out to Devon for the Woosiefest.

Reactions: Dustydog
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
On a more topical issue, previously discussed in this thread, I like some others on here are seriously compromised with underlying health issues, although like some others, still alive and kicking. Having read some previous posts, now that we are on the verge of "over 70's self isolating" advice, what do others like me feel about visiting parks in the near future? ( I ask in the light of the very most recent advice and situation)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On a more topical issue, previously discussed in this thread, I like some others on here are seriously compromised with underlying health issues, although like some others, still alive and kicking. Having read some previous posts, now that we are on the verge of "over 70's self isolating" advice, what do others like me feel about visiting parks in the near future? ( I ask in the light of the very most recent advice and situation)

I really do think that if anyone has reached the grand old age of 70 years then they should be capable of reading the comprehensive advice on NHS, BBC etc and make up their own mind. There are so many variables around caravan sites and if you use caravan facilities or site facilities it’s an impossible question.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back Grey, I am in the predicament at the moment about the Waterrow meet up at the start of April. Elaine has Asthma and COPD, at present we are still going to the shops, but Elaines getting more concerned every day. I think we will probably cancel. As we cannot get our deposit refunded or rebooked, it will be a last minute decision.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am glad to see that folks on here are making measured decisions based on personal circumstances, available evidence and scientific advice and not succumbing to the panic mentality that is stripping supermarket shelves.

Not even Covid 19 is as infectious as Fear.
Lets lead the way folks.
mel

Reactions: Parksy
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi
Have been reading your criteria for Joining the Woosie Club, I think I have two, one lavatorial and one just plain silly.
The first one is, that in my youth when I spent more time looking into the mirror than anything else. My my hair cut consisted of a semi crew, with the sides combed beautifully back to form a DA as per, my initials.
The second was when I bought my motor, (below) I decided to check the levels. Found the coolant, found the windscreen wash, found the brake fluid but, could not find the power steering fluid. I phoned the garage to ask where it was, and got a Jeeves like response, That it is " Electric powered sir" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do they qualify???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts