Woosie Club

Page 291 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch, Looks like Jamie at Waterrow has done a very decent thing and offered us alternative dates. We are happy to have the autumn Woosiefest is October. I think if we are all in agreement we must let Jamie know asapđź‘Ť.A great shame but this is a real crisis.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hutch, Looks like Jamie at Waterrow has done a very decent thing and offered us alternative dates. We are happy to have the autumn Woosiefest is October. I think if we are all in agreement we must let Jamie know asapđź‘Ť.A great shame but this is a real crisis.

A good business decision by Waterrow. I didn’t get any offer to defer when my brother in law had a heart attack and had to lose the deposit. But there again knowing what we do now any deferment would probably have not been long enough. C’est la vie. Not had a decent caravan holiday since my father took ill in 2018 shortly before we were to depart to Germany and Luxembourg. 2020 s hardly likely to break the mould either.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s a bad time Clive. We have cancelled all holidays including Terri’s art school in Portugal. I guess we have to ride the storm. Sounds with all your problems a good caravanning break this year would have been most welcome. There is talk on various media that some of us may have had Corona virus over the last three months. I think Terri and are two of them. Cough, poor breathing, aching joints. Both bedridden 8 days, me in November , she 5 weeks ago. We may be carrying anti virus immune cells which may help the boffins. We will follow it up.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s a bad time Clive. We have cancelled all holidays including Terri’s art school in Portugal. I guess we have to ride the storm. Sounds with all your problems a good caravanning break this year would have been most welcome. There is talk on various media that some of us may have had Corona virus over the last three months. I think Terri and are two of them. Cough, poor breathing, aching joints. Both bedridden 8 days, me in November , she 5 weeks ago. We may be carrying anti virus immune cells which may help the boffins. We will follow it up.
Dusty
Thanks. Funny that you’ve both had bugs. Our daughter had one also in early February which wasn’t a cold and wasn’t flu (she’d had the jab). It’s certainly not an unreasonable assumption.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was looking forward to the Springtime Woosie gathering but Herself doesn't feel comfortable about going away at this time.
We've reluctantly decided to cancel our stay at Waterrow under the present circumstances.
The site owners have very kindly offered to transfer our deposit for a later visit, so we'll possibly see everybody in October if a Woosiefest takes place.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dave as this years "King" I shall ask my noble , Knights and Lady's for their thoughts to your joing our Round table. I am not sure your faults are good enough yet but! But that doesn't stop you from attending any meet up that we have. . Maybe a few more addmittences, of "Numptyisims"
Dave, after finding my glasses, and rereading your offerings, i am sure your daft enough to join The Woosies, now we need a secondare and a name for you.
any thoughts folks?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dave, after finding my glasses, and rereading your offerings, i am sure your daft enough to join The Woosies, now we need a secondare and a name for you.
any thoughts folks?
I'll second DaveA1 in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,others will make you welcome.

Now the name options:

Sir Teddy(boy) Power
Sir Duck Power

Any others folks??????????????

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well that's our Easter cancelled (not unexpected) Was going to start sterilizing pipes and other preparations anytime, but shan't be bothering now. Will wait a 'bit' yet, - prognosis (that's a good word!) for caravanning for future months not good So will put feet up and grow 'older' (hopefully) confined to barracks, (supposedly) --- Us -- fairly philosophical really - if it gets us it gets us. -- Lived through a fair few winter epidemics so far ( All with fancy names -- is that to frighten us?) ---- used to call it 'flu'? Stay healthy folks, Might see you again at t'other side.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I expect most of you have read the thread about the "Clubs lack of advice " If you haven't I suggest you do, especially the latter part.

Simple ignoring the Coronavirus issue is a very irresponsible approach as an individuals actions will affect others, perhaps in ways you might not have considered.

Reactions: Grey13

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I expect most of you have read the thread about the "Clubs lack of advice " If you haven't I suggest you do, especially the latter part.

Simple ignoring the Coronavirus issue is a very irresponsible approach as an individuals actions will affect others, perhaps in ways you might not have considered.
Before we all get carried away with with advising each other what we should do it's worth remembering that we on this forum are not the 'Coronavirus Police'
The government has advised everyone to be socially responsible and to practice social distancing, but the shutdowns of theaters, pubs and entertainment outlets that have taken place so far been voluntary.
The advice offered by government agencies is centered on people using their own judgement on whether to self-isolate or to try to keep some sections of the economy bouyant.
People must decide for themselves whether they will continue to use their caravans or to go on holiday.
Our remit as an online community doesn't include shaming others, finger wagging or instructions from on high.
Whatever individuals decide to do depends upon their own circumstances.

Reactions: Mel
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Agree with most of what you've written Parksy, but unfortunately the 'irresponsible' elements do affect others no matter how they try to do the right things. Just come from Morrisons (our weekly shop) and it was unbelievable which and what shelves were empty.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Remember the good old days when everyone just talked about Brexit :). We are living in strange times and facing difficult choices. Hope most people can continue to do the right thing ( whatever that is, because it changes daily) regardless of what the selfish and irresponsible decide.
mel

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I support Parksys view and recommend that if anyone has any concerns regarding guidance on socially distancing there is a long list on the HM Gov website which lists the significant conditions that create extra vulnerability. But of course that information may change as the infections increase. It’s a dynamic situation.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site

ProfJohnL........you have posted the above in the Woosie Club topic and as such by implication accused Woosie Club members of being irresponsible.

You have no evidence for having those thought processes.

You have every right to post your views but respectively suggest you take more care in choosing your thread.

Reactions: Grey13 and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have to endorse Bill’s post. The Woosies were the first group I know of to act intelligently and unselfishly by cancelling the spring Woosiefest. I and others have cancelled all caravan holidays for the foreseeable future.
Well done the Woosiesđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Reactions: Grey13 and Parksy
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......well the caravan has been put back to sleep :(

Drained the water and toilet flush....gave it an internal and external deep clean.
Raised it on axle stands (personal choice).
Bought and fitted new mover control electronics plus remote which has solved an ongoing problem.

Terrano serviced ...... has new exhaust and clutch hydraulics and passed MOT.
Outfit all primed and ready .........

Not going anywhere :sob:

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dear Woosies, as we have had to cancel the Spring get together, Dusty Has suggested we have the autum Woosiefest at Waterrow, that way the folk that had paid deposits could use them.
I am sugesting the first weekend in October 3rd and 4th. With whichever days either side. I understand this is an Adults only site, which would eliminate some members from joining us, but if this virus thing relaxes enough to have a get together earlier I will try and find a suitable site mid country.
Let me know and if enough are will then we can get early bookings with Waterrow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts