Woosie Club

Page 290 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hutch if we are going to have limited numbers for the spring fest, could we not arrange it for later in the year, & not call it the spring fest, & just have a good old get together.
Do we know how many are definately going?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grizzly I am waiting a few days for a reply back from Waterrow. Hopefully you recieved my forwarded email to Waterrow ref Rebookings, I have another one formatting stating that they were Supposed to best best site in Bath and Taunton area. But looking ahead, I think we might have to do as you say, and delay for another date.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
According to news reports, over 70s (Herself) and those of us with 'underlying medical conditions' (me) are going to be placed under a form of house arrest for a while.
I don't know if the caravan police will come knocking if we risk the trip anyway, we'll be as safe in the caravan as we would at home but we'll wait and see what happens next week before deciding what to do.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Have been reading your criteria for Joining the Woosie Club, I think I have two, one lavatorial and one just plain silly.
The first one is, that in my youth when I spent more time looking into the mirror than anything else. My my hair cut consisted of a semi crew, with the sides combed beautifully back to form a DA as per, my initials.
The second was when I bought my motor, (below) I decided to check the levels. Found the coolant, found the windscreen wash, found the brake fluid but, could not find the power steering fluid. I phoned the garage to ask where it was, and got a Jeeves like response, That it is " Electric powered sir" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do they qualify???
Dave as this years "King" I shall ask my noble , Knights and Lady's for their thoughts to your joing our Round table. I am not sure your faults are good enough yet but! But that doesn't stop you from attending any meet up that we have. . Maybe a few more addmittences, of "Numptyisims"

Reactions: DaveA1
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hutch if we are going to have limited numbers for the spring fest, could we not arrange it for later in the year, & not call it the spring fest, & just have a good old get together.
Do we know how many are definately going?
Rick, I hope you will receive my email from Waterrow. Elaine and myself have decided to cancel the trip to Waterrow, due to Elaine being in the high risk category,
I know Dusty Dog has cancelled as well, if any of the other that were going to attend , could put a post on so others know, whether to cancel or continue.
We will probably go back their later in the year.
Hutch.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Woosies, In case you didn't recieve my message from Jamie at Waterrow, If you wish to cancel your booking they will offer dates from October to December.
It's a shame, but have to cancel. . As we are in high risk group.

please let me know, your decisions.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't know whether I could accept 'house arrest' (Parksy), might save me from the 'flu', - But I should go round the 'twist' confined to barracks, probably need mental home place then!!??? Are they going to jail us for breaking quarantine? That's alright then, aren't they talking about emptying the prisons. No I ain't taking the subject too lightly, but if anyone thinks I'm gunna worry about it, tough! Lived through alot of epidemics and winter panics (nearly every year summats new) each year it's gunna be the worst one. First one I remember 55ish about a dozen of us left in class out of about 40, had similar scares most winters since, right through 40 years on steel works. Chin up --- if it happens it happens. --- PS I'm not paying any deposits!

B

Beachball2

Is your job safe at the Steelworks I have heard they are getting rid of some (Gabsgrandad)

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
We may well wait & see how many are going before cancelling, it is a 3.5 hour drive from Biddulph.
Maybe we can do a winter meet in October if not enough of us going, weather not normally too bad then, but who knows.
I will keep watching for posts.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Evening Grey,

Terri is hopefully coming back from Tenerife Friday. Like the test of Spain it is in lock down. She may we’ll have to self quarantine and no doubt I’ll get sucked in too!
The talk on the Cricklade street is that the pubs will be closing for tomorrow until further notice.
I have also cancelled our attendance at the spring Woosiefest. The time scales forTerri self isolation isn’t working out. Also I expect the local pubs down there will also be shut. Waterrow have offered me alternative dates later in the year. Very kind of them as I had already paid the full fee. Will,liaise with Hutch.

Reactions: Grey13
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dave as this years "King" I shall ask my noble , Knights and Lady's for their thoughts to your joing our Round table. I am not sure your faults are good enough yet but! But that doesn't stop you from attending any meet up that we have. . Maybe a few more addmittences, of "Numptyisims"
Dave, I thought the King was being a bit harsh at first, then i realised in this doom and gloom world he wanted more laugh's.
Go on you must have another one:p

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We may well wait & see how many are going before cancelling, it is a 3.5 hour drive from Biddulph.
Maybe we can do a winter meet in October if not enough of us going, weather not normally too bad then, but who knows.
I will keep watching for posts.
Perhaps not a bad idea Grizzly, think I would feel more comfortable later in the year ( if it clears up), whats others thoughts?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
As I wrote on a different thread, if we cancel now we either lose the deposit or re-book for later in the year when it's cold and dark.
I'm awaiting further developments but we can self isolate in our caravan as well as we can at home, and a week in the fresh air will do us good.
Wherever we go we'll keep our distance as per government advice.
I'll make a final decision next week.

Reactions: Gagakev and Hutch
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
...........we have reluctantly decided that we won't be able to go down to Somerset for the Spring Wossiefest.
The restrictions and advisories have scuppered it for us ......:(
The campsite are letting us book in October/November/ or early December using our paid deposit.
Maybe a meetup early October?

This was to be a very busy Spring for us.......all now looks like being cancelled.....:weary:

3 day trip to Rome by Belinda and girlfriend at end of March .....................Cancelled.

Spring Wossiefest.for us ............................................................................................Cancelled.
4 day Belinda's 70th Birthday celebrations third week of April.....Likely posponed.
3 week trip to Florida end of April - May.... Belinda's birthday treat...........Not likely.

C'est la Vie.

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
We have cancelled for April aswell, but hope later in the year to have a meetup at the site.
Still waiting to hear from site if they will move our deposit to Oct, Nov Dec for a winter woosie meet.
Take care all of you, its a vicious climate out there at the moment, stay safe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts