Woosie Club

Page 300 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
He’s definitely on the mend! I hope you don’t get a recurrence, though. Take care
I did have a small problem, when I was discharged the hospital sent me home with the wrong Antibiotics. I had a fever and didn't feel right. My GP changed them and two day later vast improvement.
It's still raining here. At the
Waterrow Wet Fest.

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Far too wet for an old fashioned Woosiefest. But we have managed two good meals together, hopefully The Rock Inn tomorrow if our King gets going😄. Very ŵet but no problem. A shame because back in the sunny spring this place and area would have made for a great Woosiefest👏👏👌👌

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Interestingly we mentioned the woman’s attitude to the people at Waterrow and their reaction was that it wasn’t uncommon for her and her husband to get snotty with customers. We also mentioned it in passing to the landlord at The White Hart in Wiveliscombe ( highly recommended) and as soon as we mentioned The Rock he said “Oh no, what has she done now?”
Bit of a local legend. She barred all of the locals aparrently........😂
Well who’s pulling whose chainTuningdrew🤔🤔
This week a number of the Woosies have eaten at The Rock Inn. The Landlady Ruth turns out to be one of the most friendly amiable hostesses I have met in a long time. Her establishment is fully Covid compliant. The menu is absolute fine dining, chef is Michelin star rated. Prices are moderate.Table service exemplary and cleanliness brilliant. Why are you so disparaging of The Rock Inn? Are you sure your experience was the same place?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This week a number of the Woosies have eaten at The Rock Inn. The Landlady Ruth turns out to be one of the most friendly amiable hostesses I have met in a long time. Her establishment is fully Covid compliant. The menu is absolute fine dining, chef is Michelin star rated. Prices are moderate.Table service exemplary and cleanliness brilliant. Why are you so disparaging of The Rock Inn? Are you sure your experience was the same place?

Sounds like a nice place to visit and eat. I tend to find that people can often mirror the attitude of those who they are dealing with. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to visit Waterrow or its adjacent watering hole.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a nice place to visit and eat. I tend to find that people can often mirror the attitude of those who they are dealing with. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to visit Waterrow or its adjacent watering hole.
Unfortunately I didn't have chance to sample the food at The Rock but I've heard nothing but good reports about that establishment from others here on this caravan park.
As for Waterrow touring park, I can highly recommend it.
Lynette and Jamie who own and run the site are very friendly, helpful and approachable and this adults only park is peaceful, very well maintained and set in a beautiful location.
Covid 19 guidelines were adhered to here, so no worries on that score.
Despite the rain we had a lovely time her and we will be back here in the warmer weather and next time we'll try a meal at The Rock.
Home tomorrow, roll on the next Woosiefest. 😊

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to The Woosie folks, that persivered from last April. At least we managed a "sit together" this Wednesday afternoon.
Claire and Mat, better hospital than Woosie fest, hope all gets better. By the way I must have had more keys. 5 holes. When I got home.safe trip home and onwards to all. 👍😁

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
C’est la vie😥
My daughter who is studying psychology via OU and also enrolled on a Mental Health nursing degree told me that often when such criticism re attitude arise in reviews it’s a recognised behavioural pattern called “ mirroring”. It’s not deliberate or intended but just a reaction between individuals. It can vary between minor feelings to full blown aggression.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My daughter who is studying psychology via OU and also enrolled on a Mental Health nursing degree told me that often when such criticism re attitude arise in reviews it’s a recognised behavioural pattern called “ mirroring”. It’s not deliberate or intended but just a reaction between individuals. It can vary between minor feelings to full blown aggression.
Is that between Forumites or our perceptions of the Landlady involved here?

Reactions: RogerL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is that between Forumites or our perceptions of the Landlady involved here?
It just arose when she and I were discussing Waterrow earlier this year in conjunction with the Tripadvisor re views that the local pub had received. As it was we had to cancel the trip. She just passed me another of her pearls of wisdom. I sometimes feel though that I’m under continuous assessment for physical and mental well being.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It just arose when she and I were discussing Waterrow earlier this year in conjunction with the Tripadvisor re views that the local pub had received. As it was we had to cancel the trip. She just passed me another of her pearls of wisdom. I sometimes feel though that I’m under continuous assessment for physical and mental well being.
Thats our kids for you, remember, your kids choose your care home for you.

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well ‘Woosies’ here I am ‘confined’ to barracks on a damp November afternoon. (Where else would you rather be?) . A case of ‘Corona’ in the house? Looking at some ‘old’ (well oldish) caravanning ones, back to 1982 the picture of me (us) tug of ‘warring’ at Sandringham in 1982 at the Caravan Cub National Rally, (courtesy of Her Maj) for the Lincolnshire Centre of the Caravan Club (yes I still call it that, old dogs and new tricks etc?). Were runners up. - Winners ‘professionals’ from Cheshire. Can you go back a year or two? If you can let’s have a look.Tug of war - Copy.jpgunnamed.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My days of silly games like that have long gone, I am more than happy to just participate in one of your quizzes now. Lovely sunshine here today in Milton Keynes, don't know when we will get out in the van again though.
This is from about 1984.
20200924_184754.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts