Woosie Club

Page 301 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....back in those days I only had 3 weeks holiday a year so couldn't justify a caravan.
Only bought a caravan in 1995!
Pre Caravan we used to go camping using various tents which could be packed away and stored in the house loft when not in use.
Now even in this Covid year have managed 70 nights away in the caravan.....but now been scuppered for plans we had for this November/December.....:(

Stay safe everyone.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Haven't had 1 night this year, .... previous years 120/130+ average a year going back last 25 years or so. But may have 'finished' our 44 year caravanning career? :..... See how 'things look for 2021?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
2020 has been an unusual year and not usual, before you finish such a great run, wait to see what the New year has in stall and make plans to end this. Always look to the future with a positive outlook and make 2021 the best year ever.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Never finish Sir Gab.! We managed 36 nights this year. All disastrous . Dogs ill and dying. Knees giving up,. Most places closed. Poor weather. Lockdowns. I don’t think you missed much.
I am sure our King can arrange a Woosiefest in the Lincoln area next year. 👍👍👍

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Alright I got the hint, I am actively looking at sites. Now the weatherforcast says it's going to be the worst since 2010.
Dusty I don't know what type of caravan it was, I had borrowed it from friends, we always look like a Travellers pitch. .

Reactions: Parksy
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm in Gabsgrandad's team, havent had a single night away this year in fact due to the health hiccup last September we havent been away since August 2019.
Started to prepare Mr Fleety last March and needed a new battery, still havent replaced it!!!
Bought Mr Fenwicks over wintering last year, didnt even wash him.
2020 was to be our best year out and about in the van, but looking on the bright side, here's hoping 2021 will be better for all of us.

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would also agree 2020 hasn"t been a good year for us or anyone and only hope 2021 will be better for everyone .
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Although we've 'lived' for caravanning for the last 40+ years and this year for 'various' reasons have not been able to do it. But it is amazing how this years 'respite' has softened our desire and changed our outlook. We haven't missed it as much as we thought we would. Maybe having suffered the withdrawal symptoms already and got over 'em, might be a 'convenient' time to call it a day? Ps. daughter has already indicated that 'they' could use {have?} the van. (There won't be much 'trade' in value there?)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Although we've 'lived' for caravanning for the last 40+ years and this year for 'various' reasons have not been able to do it. But it is amazing how this years 'respite' has softened our desire and changed our outlook. We haven't missed it as much as we thought we would. Maybe having suffered the withdrawal symptoms already and got over 'em, might be a 'convenient' time to call it a day? Ps. daughter has already indicated that 'they' could use {have?} the van. (There won't be much 'trade' in value there?)
In 2014 we decided to sell everything car and caravan down to the last awning peg. The reason being we were just not getting any real usage of the outfit. We then had some really nice holidays taking the car to Poland, northern Spain and the Ireland Atlantic Way. We also had a number of long haul and shorter U.K. breaks too. But in Autumn 2016 we decided that we missed the caravan and things seemed to be falling into line with the relatives. So late in 2016 we took the plunge again but decided on a budget approach. As it transpired things didn’t really map out as planned with no nice tours into Europe and little chance of flexibility at home. So end of 2019 we decided to sell the van and it went up for sale just before lockdown arrived. After lockdown was lifted it went back on sale but it quickly became apparent that the van might be the best way of getting a holiday so we removed it from sale. Strange though it may seem since sites opened in July we’ve had some very good trips away. Probably the most concerted series for some years.

I must admit though that when July arrived there were a couple of anxious moments. One would the car be okay as I’d bought it at the end of November 2019 with the plan being to sell the caravan and go solo again. The second anxious moment was would I be okay? Nearly 12 months without towing and a number of months with very reduced driving. Pleased to say okay on both counts. Albeit the Subaru doesn’t feature highly for fuel economy. But you cannot win on everything. The picture below is the ‘ rig’ ready to roll out of storage in July this year. So we have already booked a number of sites for next year. But my wife is edging her bets and booked a couple of holidays in the sun with our daughter and granddaughter too.

948F158F-3D0A-4265-B962-63DD28C2F5DB.jpeg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well Merry Christmas and lets hope for a Happy New Year, and that we can all get away in our Caravans and Motorhomes, and hopefully I can hand over to a New Woosie King or Queen.
Stay safe and best wishes.
Sir Were-rabbit and Lady Bacchus, and loyal Hound Harry.
Thanks King, bet your throne is getting worn out you been sat on it for so long !!

Have a good one, stay safe and hope we can all meet up in the not too distant future,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So here’s 2021 in Full lockdown all but name. Hardly a happy or celebratory time. However like the Phoenix the caravanners will rise from the ashes and hopefully have some great times later this year.
I wish you all a C19 free next few months, swift vaccinations and a healthy happy life.
Happy 2021 to all the Forumites, not forgetting the work Damian and Parksy do behind the scenes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts