Woosie Club

Page 306 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Woosies, well for this years Woosie fest, I would like to suggest this place.

It has fully serviced pitches, 16 amp power, dog friendly, child friendly etc. No charges for Awnings or dogs that i can see. All for £33. The pub up the road ! The Manifold Inn is also dog friendly.

As there are a few folk away in September, I am thinking of the last weekend in September, 25th and 26th.
Or the first Weekend in October, 2nd 3rd.

Any comments folks, I was hoping to go there to check it out. Anyone been there before, Thingy, any ideas.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Not familiar with the site but the area is stunning. I do know the pub but havent been in for many years. Im happy to go back to Patrols Platoon and do a recce when they open.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not familiar with the site but the area is stunning. I do know the pub but havent been in for many years. Im happy to go back to Patrols Platoon and do a recce when they open.
Thanks, I will try and get up myself, to check it out, once we can travel about.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Worth checking out are two with a very good reputation. Lickpenny and Packhorse Farm. Both located just above Matlock at Tansley. Exceptional pub at Tansley and also a very good Nepalese. Pub does pie and ale night on Thursdays but pub restaurant very good too.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello, Woosies, well for this years Woosie fest, I would like to suggest this place.

It has fully serviced pitches, 16 amp power, dog friendly, child friendly etc. No charges for Awnings or dogs that i can see. All for £33. The pub up the road ! The Manifold Inn is also dog friendly.

As there are a few folk away in September, I am thinking of the last weekend in September, 25th and 26th.

Any comments folks, I was hoping to go there to check it out. Anyone been there before, Thingy, any ideas.
It looks great.
Count us in 😊

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Worth checking out are two with a very good reputation. Lickpenny and Packhorse Farm. Both located just above Matlock at Tansley. Exceptional pub at Tansley and also a very good Nepalese. Pub does pie and ale night on Thursdays but pub restaurant very good too.
is there any service pitches at these two sites mention

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Hutch At this site it says Dog on Lead £1 per night

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Looks right up our street. However it is Terri’s biggy
so we may be elsewhere. Will let you know.
. All sites say dogs must be on leads.standard rule. Thanks for organising this Hutch. A tough job especially testing the hostelries😁😁😁🍺🍺🍺🍺

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Looks like a nice site. Can only do the Sept weekend not the October one though. Will come along depending on final date.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replys, Woosies, I will keep you informed, I noticed that in the T&c's they say groups of no more than 3 vans. So I will talk to them and get hopefully some sort of arrangment, so at the moment its Upper Hurst Farm, and last weekend in September, So with Covid etc, let me get to work and try and sort things out.
5 months ahead, normally I don't know where I am going the next week.

Reactions: Mel and Parksy
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hutch have you noticed the pub is an 11 minute walk for sober people.
So on your return you can add an hour!!!

Two steps forward one step back!!!!

Don't worry about it. This is my neck of the woods. Probably wont be requiring a caravan that night. Either stay in the pub or grab a vacant ditch.

Reactions: Gagakev and Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What no Fried bread or baked beans, are you on a health kick.
Good point Hutch, I must try to accommodate them as “ sides”.
I am on a Lockdown and Loose it kick. More walking and the OC combination diet if Huel and Parsley Box on two consecutive days a week. I’ve promised my wife a nice Chinese when I hit minus 14lb three days in a row. I’m trying to hover at minus 13 lb at the moment 😂

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kev, we're in St Ives from 1st - 8th May and again for another 2 weeks in July.
Hi Steve, yes we are on the same site as well, we pinched your idea as seen you mention it a few time's, we picked the latter part of May as we are treating ourselves for our anniversary.
Hope you enjoy it, we cant wait.

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Steve, yes we are on the same site as well, we pinched your idea as seen you mention it a few time's, we picked the latter part of May as we are treating ourselves for our anniversary.
Hope you enjoy it, we cant wait.
Have a lovely time Kevin. The bar should be back in business when you stay there, they usually put a real ale on. 🍺🍺🍺

Reactions: Gagakev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts