worried newcomer

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I am a newcomer to this forum and a relative newcomer to the future joys (I hope) of caravanning. There seems to be a lot of interesting and informative topics discussed and some good advice given by a lot of its contributers. I must be honest though, I am also very wary of the seemingly vindictive responses made from some of the members towards others in this particular forum (our website). Is this normal? How serious are these remarks that are made? Is there a witch hunt going on here? Will I get used to the way people respond to each other? Only time will tell I suppose.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's safe Dai; in fact it's as safe as you want to make it. Enjoy the Forum, it can be highly entertaining and thought provoking. There is also a huge amount of information at your call along with a lot of experience. This place is what you make of it, so perhaps you could introduce yourself a little more?

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Lol, I will be able to sleep easier tonight. My wife and I have 2 children who are now at an age that they no longer want to holiday with us 'old fogies' any more so we decided to try caravanning towards the end of last year. We have found that the freedom it offers and the chance to get away from it all in times of stress (especially at weekends) to be of great benefit to us. It seems a good way to go on lots of holidays that can still work out cheaper and often more convenient than more conventional ones. I think this site will just enhance that feeling of having made the right decision.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dai,and welcome to this wonderful world! Are you from the land of song as your name suggests? If so you're doubly welcome.Colin(brigend) and I need all the help we can get.There's a character on this forum claims it's legal to shoot Welshmen on hereford bridge, so take care.

Lets see what happens on Saturday though!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad to hear it Dai, we are in the same boat (or should that be caravan?) kids off our hands free to do what we want and when. It is a different life when towing, no more timetables, unless they are your own, no more nasty surprises when you get to your hotel and you seem to appreciate the simple things in life more. Mind, whoever thought beer and a BBQ were simple, don't consume enough of either to pass judgement....

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Welcome Dai.

You are amongst many friends here. What ever you read here can not hurt you unless you let your mind run wild.

You will find informed advice and people willing to help remember the words of the Bard though.

"There are many here amongst us that feel life is but a joke"

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dai

Welcome to our forum - maybe you would like to join us for our meet at easter? If you look at events and rallies you could e-mail the Moderator and he will pass on your details if you are interested - it would be great to meet you and your family, it will be our first meet and we are looking forward to meeting the other forum users.

Cheers

Lolly

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dai

Welcome to our forum - maybe you would like to join us for our meet at easter? If you look at events and rallies you could e-mail the Moderator and he will pass on your details if you are interested - it would be great to meet you and your family, it will be our first meet and we are looking forward to meeting the other forum users.

Cheers

Lolly
Lolly, are you related to Pop who posts on the Forum?

Brian ;-)

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Wow! I hope you are joking Kanga. I have not become a member in order to be ridiculed if I do not happen to agree with someone elses opinion. My motto in life as always been Live and let Live!. But thanks for the advice anyhow, I'll bear it in mind. Thanks.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Dai, boy that was lucky you were looking in because Kanga doesn't post that often and his posts are soon deleted.

You are very lucky, go do the Lottery

Bye Skip

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Welcome back Kanga, embrace the openess of the debates and try and accept that others views may not align with yours, that does not make anyone right or wrong.

Dai, you are in safe hands, make your own mind up and don't be sway'd by me or any other of our fine members.

The only exclusion or outcasting I can think of is possibly due to misunderstanding and a little narrow mindedness when it comes to debate and differing levels of humour mingling.

Enjoy :)

cris

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
With fine inoffensive posts removed I am a litle lost by the comment.

Even when you offer help it seems to get twisted and then the MOD's are accused of being one sided.

I think the Mod's are doing a pretty good job and with a little guidance they will get everyones support.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Kanga was evicted because he didn't agree with "them". I'll be going soon I reckon.
Only one user was evicted in the last 6 months (as opposed to the odd temporary suspension) and in all cases it was for persistent breach of forum rules, mainly posting personal abuse at another user and/or logging in with multiple identities.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dai,and welcome to this wonderful world! Are you from the land of song as your name suggests? If so you're doubly welcome.Colin(brigend) and I need all the help we can get.There's a character on this forum claims it's legal to shoot Welshmen on hereford bridge, so take care.

Lets see what happens on Saturday though!!!
From the land of song myself. Let's hope we can do well on Saturday but I have my doubts.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dai

Cheers

Lolly
Lolly,Pop, please don't make me explain. Brian (",)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts