Worth Noting

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a ticking noise comng from the engine of my Sedona but didn't think much of it. Well, I took the car to a dealer, to get some windscreen wipers, 'cause they were worn out. Whilst getting them, I mentioned the odd noise. He went to look and then called a mechanic. He said that one of the high pressure hoses had "gone". We went back into service reception and he handed me a set of keys for a courtesy car. What's those for, I asked. Well, you can't drive the Sedona, he said. If you do it's likely to catch fire!!

I remembered a similar thing happened to my previous car a Renault Scenic. The mechanic said then that the hose had come off that time due to high pressure build up and asked me whether I towed anything! Interesting. Though I was surprised that it should happen to a powerfull car like the Sedona.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Which hose are we talking about Chris? If fire was the main risk, presumably the fuel hose.

Providing you're within the gross weight solo and within the gross train weight towing then normal driving shouldn't cause hoses to go. It's normally age that causes hose failure.

If it were me, I'd want a better technical explanation of the problem, the cure and how to avoid it in the future.

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
I am on my second Sedona and have not had anything like this. However I am interested in more information just in case. Recently changed to a Pageant Bretagne which is heavier than previous caravan so would like any further info regarding this potential problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts